Bad A level results..

sxrxsxx

Reaction score
Hi guys it’s my first time posting here so apologies if i’m doing this wrongly in any way haha.

My A Lvl grades are as follows (total rp 68.75):
H2 lit: B
math: E
econs: D
H1 history: B
GP: A
PW: A

I am extremely keen to study English Lit in NTU but I don’t know if I stand a chance to with these grades... can anyone kindly advise? My other choices are sociology and psych, so some advice regarding those would be deeply appreciated as well! Thank you :)

Charleneee

Reaction score
i need advice

Hi, i just got my a level results today and they were bad.
Im an art student.
H2 Geo: D
H2 Econs: C
H2 English Literature: B
H1 Math: D
H1 GP: B
Chinese: B
PW: B
BCD/D
(68.75) without chinese
(69.75) with chinese
What are my chances of getting into SMU FASS/ NUS FASS/ NTU FASS?

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im an art student.
BCD/D
(68.75) without chinese
(69.75) with chinese

Can try...very borderline but I say the odds aren't too good if I'm being honest.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try...very borderline but I say the odds aren't too good if I'm being honest.

:)My nephew's got ABBBBC got rp 78.5 but his cousin result nt that gd from hua chong JC got BBBCCE...

Heard his JC got 6 pple get all "A"...nt from top 3 JC:)

I advice get scholarship to study but my sister dnt want his son tie down the bond.

I mean free school fee and free allowance and secure job dnt want:mad:

Last edited:

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im an art student.
BCD/D
(68.75) without chinese
(69.75) with chinese

i think NTU's FASS might have a good chance.

not sure if NTU NIE still accepting lower grades. Couple of years ago CCD could still enter NIE.

Worst case would be to go Poly Year 2 entry and try for Uni again.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:)My nephew's got ABBBBC got rp 78.5 but his cousin result nt that gd from hua chong JC got BBBCCE...

I advice get scholarship to study but my sister dnt want his son tie down the bond.

Ur nephew's not good for scholarship.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. 10 As. Good CCA, leadership.

:)Last time I got neighbour during 90s,her son "A" result like BBCCD still get scholarchip study NIE became teacher;)

I knw he got gd CCA like play football for school:)

Last edited:

znicoc

Reaction score
HELP

Just curious i currently have a relatively poor grade for A level this year and considering to retake if needed in order to like better my GP or whatever to stand a better chance
My current grade for A levels:
H2 Math:A
H2 Chem:B
H2 Phy: C
H1 Econs: B
Gp: E
PW: A
HMTL: A (doubt its gonna be useful anyways?)

Am thinking of applying for SMU business if possible and if possible the rest of the business course in the other local uni like NTU and NUS but looking at the lowest 10th percentile in the IGP for which NUS was like ABB/B, do i still stand a chance in it? Be it through appeal or DA though I am from sports CCA and have only colours award seemingly from the sport i was in.
Also, would like to know if the GP wld be a killer for the uni to consider my application as ive heard that the minimum criteria for NUS is C and NTU is a D.

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from those with exp asap as I would be on my way overseas and would not have much time to substantiate my essay(as i heard you need to write one through appeals?)or to prepare myself to dig for old achievement which i do not possess much other than CCA leadership positions or Adiv positions should i choose to apply through appeal or DA

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any liquidated damage if fail to pass out from school or completed the bond for scholarship?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If needs to pay for liquidated damage, that could be one of the reason why 3G SAINT's sister does not want her son and herself as surety to take the risk. So 'free school fee and free allowance and secure job' depend if one can success and dare to take the risk.

Foreigners can just run back to their home country without paying for liquidated damage but there is no way for Singaporeans. Even local Student and 1st local surety run away, they will still chase after 2nd or even 3rd local surety. 3 to 4 Singaporeans are involved and unable to run away. Foreign Student's surety are mostly their parent who live in their home country. Never see our government or sponsoring organizations engage lawyer in their home country to chase back their money for liquidated damage.

Of coz have to pay for damages

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If needs to pay for liquidated damage, that could be one of the reason why 3G SAINT's sister does not want her son and herself as surety to take the risk. So 'free school fee and free allowance and secure job' depend if one can success and dare to take the risk.

Foreigners can just run back to their home country without paying for liquidated damage but there is no way for Singaporeans. Even local Student and 1st local surety run away, they will still chase after 2nd or even 3rd local surety. 3 to 4 Singaporeans are involved and unable to run away. Foreign Student's surety are mostly their parent who live in their home country. Never see our government or sponsoring organizations engage lawyer in their home country to chase back their money for liquidated damage.

:s8:No straight "As" also very hard get scholarship unless you got gd CCA really help you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.