Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can ACCA students get into Big 4?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #1

Can ACCA students get into Big 4?

Just need opinion from you guys,

currently i am studying ACCA (passed 6 papers) and working in bank doing tax. I wish to work in Big 4 due to because bank normally hire managerial role and right now my role is only an intern. And i feel that i get to learn more in the big 4.

I only wanted to quit after i got an offer from big 4. I went to send my resume since last thurs, till now no response from them. Do you think is it because my qualification or because i am still working? i wanted to do tax or audit but is been 3 working days yet to heard any news from the big 4.

Do you think i should give up and try other 2nd tier accounting firm?
SolBeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #2

That's because you haven't finished your ACCA... Even if they are willing to take you in as an assistant, 3 working days is pretty short. They always need sai-kang warriors.. so don't be surprised if they do call you up. In terms of long-term career prospects, if you only have an ACCA, then you should start from acc. If youre just looking to earn money while you do your ACCA, then stay at your job. If you want to learn, you might want to ask the Big four what exposure they can give you, given that you have only completed 6 papers..
FatIndianBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Master Member

u need to have full acca before they will even consider you. Only exception is that you are applying for internship but u will most likely also need at least lvl 2.

And it is only 3 days.. i waited for a month (i was still a final yr student then) before they called me up for job interview which i managed to get in.. so be patient..

For more info, do check out the big4 thread in the forum
havcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #4

u need to have full acca before they will even consider you. Only exception is that you are applying for internship but u will most likely also need at least lvl 2.

And it is only 3 days.. i waited for a month (i was still a final yr student then) before they called me up for job interview which i managed to get in.. so be patient..

For more info, do check out the big4 thread in the forum

thanks for your help, wow u managed to get in after waiting for 1 month?!? i dun mind applying for internship but i think their internship program just ended and i am not from any recognised university like NTU or NUS, will they still hire me as an internship?

I been waited for like 3 weeks already and yet there is no news maybe i should give up? however i have went to an interview for a second tier accounting firm which make me confused, should i contiune to wait or join the 2nd tier firm? confused sia >.<
Old 19-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #5

That's because you haven't finished your ACCA... Even if they are willing to take you in as an assistant, 3 working days is pretty short. They always need sai-kang warriors.. so don't be surprised if they do call you up. In terms of long-term career prospects, if you only have an ACCA, then you should start from acc. If youre just looking to earn money while you do your ACCA, then stay at your job. If you want to learn, you might want to ask the Big four what exposure they can give you, given that you have only completed 6 papers..
don't intend to stay at my job though cause i am working as an intern in a bank and there are alot of disadvantage as an intern in the bank. part of it is i dun get to enjoy any YE bonus. So i do wan to start from scratch given i have tax experience but then at the same time i am confused, i do not know if given i only passed 6 papers, will the big 4 even hire me?
Old 22-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #6

Just need opinion from you guys,

currently i am studying ACCA (passed 6 papers) and working in bank doing tax. I wish to work in Big 4 due to because bank normally hire managerial role and right now my role is only an intern. And i feel that i get to learn more in the big 4.

I only wanted to quit after i got an offer from big 4. I went to send my resume since last thurs, till now no response from them. Do you think is it because my qualification or because i am still working? i wanted to do tax or audit but is been 3 working days yet to heard any news from the big 4.

Do you think i should give up and try other 2nd tier accounting firm?
if there isn't any calls after 2-3 weeks, then move on. The chances of getting in is not very likely and my suggestion to you is to get some working experience in mid tier rather than waiting.. and the reason of not getting in is probably due to your qualifications.

You can try apply for big 4 SME when you completed your level 2 ACCA...by then. your chances will be higher. For mainstream audit, you must be a graduate..Anyway, try posting your qns in big4 thread. You will get more replies as big4 forummers usually visit that thread...
DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #7

if there isn't any calls after 2-3 weeks, then move on. The chances of getting in is not very likely and my suggestion to you is to get some working experience in mid tier rather than waiting.. and the reason of not getting in is probably due to your qualifications.

You can try apply for big 4 SME when you completed your level 2 ACCA...by then. your chances will be higher. For mainstream audit, you must be a graduate..Anyway, try posting your qns in big4 thread. You will get more replies as big4 forummers usually visit that thread...
thanks for ur advice, i have already posted in the main thread, but what i really need is some real, trueful advice on how can i get in big 4, i may not be a top student or 2nd class honour, but that doesnt mean i cant get inside big 4. I hope pple out there know my concern here.

thanks man appreciate more advice given!
Old 23-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for ur advice, i have already posted in the main thread, but what i really need is some real, trueful advice on how can i get in big 4, i may not be a top student or 2nd class honour, but that doesnt mean i cant get inside big 4. I hope pple out there know my concern here.

thanks man appreciate more advice given!
even if you do get into the big 4 as an intern, you also won't get the yr end bonus. your benefits will not be on par with the full-timers.

the big 4 hire graduates from Philippines, Malaysia (Multimedia University, etc). Don't worry about it. you just have to complete your ACCA first.
Old 25-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #9

even if you do get into the big 4 as an intern, you also won't get the yr end bonus. your benefits will not be on par with the full-timers.

the big 4 hire graduates from Philippines, Malaysia (Multimedia University, etc). Don't worry about it. you just have to complete your ACCA first.
if i really get to big 4, i don't mind start up as an intern first and wont get any bonus. The only reason i wanted to join big 4 is they offer alot of opportunities for me to learn and offer a assistant role. Compare to bank, they don't offer assistant role and most of the role are manager position which i don't think i can be able to jump straight to manager after my acca is completed.
Old 26-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #10

Smile Chance to get into big 4

Hi everyone

Now i am looking for a jobs, but i wish to get into the big 4.

I jus finish my final uol exam wif sim(economics and management), shld secure a 2nd upper honour. Also, i am at the last 2 option paper in ACCA, taking exam in coming JUNE

I got no experience and also not singaporean or pr

Anyone can suggest if i got chance to get into the big 4

Thx in advance
geeokleiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #11

Hi everyone

I jus finish my final uol exam wif sim(economics and management), shld secure a 2nd upper honour. Also, i am at the last 2 option paper in ACCA, taking exam in coming JUNE

Thx in advance
Chances are low.. but no one really know your chances.the best way is to try and apply it...that would be your best answer.Send in ur resume and wait for replies.. if there is a call for your interview , that would be great... if not
DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #12

Chances are low.. but no one really know your chances.the best way is to try and apply it...that would be your best answer.Send in ur resume and wait for replies.. if there is a call for your interview , that would be great... if not
thanks for your advice

btw wat can i actually do to get in?
work for a few yrs else where then try again?
geeokleiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #13

I have a friend from MDIS who got offer from KPMG recently and she didn't have any ACCA. In fact, she couldn't get any other job until I "fine tuned" her CV.

So you guys may want to look at your CV and ask yourself, is it good or bad ?
Mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #14

Hi everyone

Thx in advance
i think u got more higher chance getting into big 4, but b prepare to start as a small role like assistant first since u got no experience... wat do u wan to b?
Old 30-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #15

I have a friend from MDIS who got offer from KPMG recently and she didn't have any ACCA. In fact, she couldn't get any other job until I "fine tuned" her CV.

So you guys may want to look at your CV and ask yourself, is it good or bad ?
what role did she offer in kpmg? i dun tink my CV is bad seriously, i think is more of the qualification den ur package if u know what i mean...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.