HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Difference in Big 4 and small audit firm - Part 2

Like Tree3436Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #7486

Anyone here already went for interview for internships? Can i assume that by now if no reply means i can give up hopes?
Have you went for the interview?
Nutella93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #7487

Have you went for the interview?
No man didnt even receive anything, i guess i got rejected alrdy
Old 12-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #7488

[QUOTE=gairyu;110749512]

My mindset for the professional qualification is more for the "face" rather than any actual use like signing off FS. Other than being a public accountant and signing off FS, are there actual use for the title?

/QUOTE]

Haha this is true for many of my colleagues as well. We don't have the intention to stay to partnership nor will we be starting our own firm.

It's mostly a form of wish fulfilment for Accountancy graduates. CA is like the next step / natural progression.
ChocolateCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #7489

Hi may I know how Long does pwc take to get back after an internship interview? And will they send rejection emails?
Kerine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:27 PM   #7490
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sometimes some people are not cut out to further study, I see alot of ppl keep failing their sqp or other professional papers like me. I'm in my second year senior in big 4 and tired of all the studying already in the midst of clearing sai gang everyday at work. I'm thinking if all these qualifications are really required in commercial? Say I don't stay past S3 or Manager 1 level, do I really need the cpa/ca title? Any lao jiao here can advise?
Put it this way.. Your resume vs someone with certification... Assuming the other person also got big4 or mid tier experience...

Most likely the other will be favored.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
Milo-Dino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #7491

Sometimes some people are not cut out to further study, I see alot of ppl keep failing their sqp or other professional papers like me. I'm in my second year senior in big 4 and tired of all the studying already in the midst of clearing sai gang everyday at work. I'm thinking if all these qualifications are really required in commercial? Say I don't stay past S3 or Manager 1 level, do I really need the cpa/ca title? Any lao jiao here can advise?
If you want to move into commercial; industry experience helps more than title (eg. insurance auditor -> insurance accountant); easier to sell yourself during the interview as well.

However, in the long run, as you move to more senior roles, you would probably want some title (does not necessarily need to be SQP).

SQP is still in its infancy so it is pretty much subsitutable with any other accounting qualification (CPA Aussie, ICAEW, etc). And the Singaporean mindset, for better or for worse, is still to look out for people with relevant/related experience.
FrostWurm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #7492

The midtier is Bxx. Yeah I will wait for it. Thanks for the advice!

It seems like most people have been saying that on this forum!

Okay sure. Thanks for the advice!
Bxx have 1.5 year bond
Laptop bond amortise over 3 year ( meaning to say, if you leave after u bond end, you still need to pay the remaining laptop price)
AWS + performance bonus on march !

Clienteles are good, but still go for big-4 if u can

Last edited by podolski90; 12-10-2017 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: typo
podolski90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #7493

not all the mgr1 have the cpa/ca title. personally I feel you need to get it at some point of your accounting career, doesn't really matter which accounting bodies if you do not wish to be a public accountant/partner in the future
Old 12-10-2017, 11:52 PM   #7494

Hi all,

I got a call for an interview at Ardent. Can anyone pm me how the interview is like and how's the work environment.

Thanks.
abcdedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 02:39 AM   #7495

Anyone went to KPMG for an interview for FS Audit and had a reply(offer/reject) from them already?
I think they are still interviewing people, cause I'm going to be interviewed in 12hrs time, same as u, kpmg fs
TheKiasuOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #7496
Arch-Supremacy Member

not all the mgr1 have the cpa/ca title. personally I feel you need to get it at some point of your accounting career, doesn't really matter which accounting bodies if you do not wish to be a public accountant/partner in the future
Really? Times have really changed.. I remember when I was in EY, you need to get CPA sg before they can consider promoting you to manager from s3

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
Milo-Dino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #7497

I think they are still interviewing people, cause I'm going to be interviewed in 12hrs time, same as u, kpmg fs
Good luck to you man!
MomoNayeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #7498

seen that before as well.
podolski90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #7499

Good luck to you man!
Any tips mah on how to handle the interview , it's my first ever interview ...
TheKiasuOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #7500

To the person who PM-ed me, I'm sorry I can't reply to your PM cause they say i need to post 10 times in the forum before i can reply it

But anyway, the HR told me that the respective departments have not come back to them yet so latest they can tell me the result is by end of next week. I believe its mostly the same for the other big 3 since they are still interviewing candidates. Have faith!!
leeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.