HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Entering UX/UI Design

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 12:34 AM   #1

Entering UX/UI Design

Hi, I'm just a bit curious about the creative computing course offered by sim uol. The requirements on their page are as basic as all the requirements on poly pages and what not, so i'm a bit concerned. I'm not too worried about the funding.

I currently study IT and have a cumulative gpa of 3.2 as of sem 2.1, making it impossible to enter any course close to my field aside from ntu's ADM (which I don't mind attending except I don't think I can build an impressive portfolio within the next year of my poly studies). Hence, after much research, UOL's creative computing seems to be quite intriguing and I was wondering about the average gpa for those that enter as well as the stuff they teach more towards the creative computing side such as the compulsory year 3 half cred units.

I'm also intending to go into the UX/UI design sector, hence I am not sure if such a degree is relevant to my field and if it is not, please advise on something more related. Thanks~

Edit: I've also read that there are many that go into UX with a degree more related to the social sciences, something called human factors or psych, so I'm considering something like that as well.
MercuryRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.