ICPAS Professional Exams lip lais!

MyGold

Reaction score
I think it depends how u manage. If you are doing it fulltime maybe might be able to make it for all 4.

Anyway any uol graduating students enrolled? Or do we need to wait for 17 aug for our final results to be out? I'm gonna email ICPAS PE soon, just checking if anyone knows. Any exemption for the 3 CBT?

Hi, did you enrol successfully?
I'd called them two weeks ago, he told me we have to enrol in the nxt year..isnt true??

k0nnichiwa

Reaction score
i called icpas and checked if i can enrol to take the 5 PE modules.they told me i need to be a graduate of uol , means i must wait until next april convo before i can take e exam.

really meh?

itachisama

Reaction score
i called icpas and checked if i can enrol to take the 5 PE modules.they told me i need to be a graduate of uol , means i must wait until next april convo before i can take e exam.

really meh?

Oh thats quite bad, i think when we receive our final results then we have officially graduated isn't it.

itachisama

Reaction score
Jin sian. Want to be exempted from 3 modules need at least 50% passing mark hais

They follow ICAEW on this 50% passing mark. I might scrap this entire ICPAS PE thing and go for ICAEW ACA instead however the ACA training agreement is holding me back.

So do you know when is the earliest date for UOL grads(aft 17aug) to start applying?

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
would taking lessons help me If I wan to take all 4 and working full time at the same time??!!

any lao jiao know how tough ICPAS exams are?

I'm under the "old" regime. Have passed 4 modules, left with Financial Reporting Disclosure (FRD).

Based on my past experience, Taxation and FRD are the most difficult. CBS is the easiest to pass. Audit and Corporate Law is moderately tough.

k0nnichiwa

Reaction score
They follow ICAEW on this 50% passing mark. I might scrap this entire ICPAS PE thing and go for ICAEW ACA instead however the ACA training agreement is holding me back.

So do you know when is the earliest date for UOL grads(aft 17aug) to start applying?

from what i checked with ICPAS, they told me that i have to grad from UOL first. means after getting cert (convo) ,then can reg.

k0nnichiwa

Reaction score
I'm under the "old" regime. Have passed 4 modules, left with Financial Reporting Disclosure (FRD).

Based on my past experience, Taxation and FRD are the most difficult. CBS is the easiest to pass. Audit and Corporate Law is moderately tough.

is the icpas PE exam tougher than UOL?

itachisama

Reaction score
from what i checked with ICPAS, they told me that i have to grad from UOL first. means after getting cert (convo) ,then can reg.

Alright thanks, i guess we have to wait for the next intake as we will probably get the cert around nov/dec.

cheers mate.

gracexs

Reaction score
Do we still need to take ISORG, HRM and ELC for the exemptions? Even after the exemptions we still gotta take 8 modules under the refreshed PE?

What abt the 3 exemptions that are available from the 8 modules?
Business and Finance (BIZ & FIN)
Financial Management (FIN MGMT)
Management Information (MGMT INFO)

Or now need to take a different combination of the 3 units to be available for the exemptions.

Sorry so many qns :s22:

itachisama

Reaction score
Do we still need to take ISORG, HRM and ELC for the exemptions? Even after the exemptions we still gotta take 8 modules under the refreshed PE?

What abt the 3 exemptions that are available from the 8 modules?
Business and Finance (BIZ & FIN)
Financial Management (FIN MGMT)
Management Information (MGMT INFO)

Or now need to take a different combination of the 3 units to be available for the exemptions.

Sorry so many qns :s22:

Not too sure about the exemptions. I just sent an email to their examinations division with my UOL completion letter. Hopefully they will get back with more solid information.

However I did not take HRM and score >50 for ISORG haha.

gracexs

Reaction score
Not too sure about the exemptions. I just sent an email to their examinations division with my UOL completion letter. Hopefully they will get back with more solid information.

Haha ok thanks. Can update here when you've gotten more info? Many thanks.. :D

GigaBear

Reaction score
Hello,

I was a graduate from UOL accounting and finance.

You guys mean we have to wait until we get our full cert / genuine transcript before they allow us to enrol?

Thank you :)

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

really meh?

Oh thats quite bad, i think when we receive our final results then we have officially graduated isn't it.

Hello,

I was a graduate from UOL accounting and finance.

You guys mean we have to wait until we get our full cert / genuine transcript before they allow us to enrol?

Thank you :)

Dec/Jan when we get the transcript and cert. It's the same as ACCA.

wishyq

Reaction score

Hi, if possible, please also let me know about the required module for exemption too :D
Thanks alots!

sherrywerry

Reaction score
Hi, would like some advice pls!

I signed up for the Business and Company Law exam this November. They mention some additional textbooks and reading material in the book provided. Is it a must to look at those, or study the book they provide can liao?

jermainehow

Reaction score
Hello! I have graduated from uol accounting this year, still waiting for the official uol cert like many of you. Just wondering, as I initially took modules that are for the acca routes and since now there are no longer any joint scheme with the icpas, I decided to take icpas pe. But I didn't take isorg, elc and hrm. So how many more icpas pe papers I have to take compared to my peers who took the three subjects(isorg,elc,hrm)?

lol.acct

Reaction score
I also wan to find out more about the program and how many subjects I can be exempted from... thinking of signing up for the 12th Nov info session at Somerset. Anyone going?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.