Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University! - Part 2

bobbinnija

Reaction score
It’s ok. 3.4 is still possible to go in for ICT SE if only u perform well for the interview.

Ahhhhh should have done better for it last year, it seems to get increasingly harder.

Do you know if this is still the initial interview period for those with high gpa? Getting anxious over here

Abyssal.Xuan

Reaction score
I see woah that mean I need to leave my job before August :/ sigh. But you have notes in future can send hahaha! Or there’s syallbus changes every year? I hope you see you around in campus should I be accepted in the programme
Yeah. But it could change. So just keep a look out! Aiyo notes ah HAHAHA. I'm the worst person to ask notes from. But I can ask from my friends! I think the most important is really being able to understand the concepts and being able to take them apart and explain em

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

linglinglinda

Reaction score
Yeah. But it could change. So just keep a look out! Aiyo notes ah HAHAHA. I'm the worst person to ask notes from. But I can ask from my friends! I think the most important is really being able to understand the concepts and being able to take them apart and explain em

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Hahahahaha! All righty then. Oh yeah one Moreno question, the outcome of application will only be out in April is it or end March for those who did the test in Feb? Or still have to assess potential candidates for course suitability? You have any ideas?

Barryallen123

Reaction score
Hahahahaha! All righty then. Oh yeah one Moreno question, the outcome of application will only be out in April is it or end March for those who did the test in Feb? Or still have to assess potential candidates for course suitability? You have any ideas?

From my timeline, if you did it in March, by mid April you get results subjected to already doing both written and face to face interview

YanYing01

Reaction score
Yeap. Every year, the criteria is getting more stricter. Two years ago, 3.4 sure can get in depends on ur interview performance.

No not very sure, but last week there are still interviews going on. This week, I’m not sure as I haven’t pass by the venue yet.

Ahhhhh should have done better for it last year, it seems to get increasingly harder.

Do you know if this is still the initial interview period for those with high gpa? Getting anxious over here

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any ICT student?

I hold a business diploma but offered to studt information security in SIT.

questions :
1) how tough would it be for me?
2) End of the day, how is the competition and workload?
3) Would it be better to head overseas to study finance?

YanYing01

Reaction score
Hi,

It would be tough for you if you do not have any programming knowledge beforehand like HTML, JAVA, Python, C and etc as you will be learning this within 1 year time.

The competition depends on the batch which you are enrolled in. For me, it is tough as my course batches are all very pro one. The workload is every module you take will have 1 project or more so you need to have good time management and can work under pressure as it is not easy.

For the last qns, I got no comment as I’m not sure about that. Sorry couldn’t help you on that.

is there any ICT student?

I hold a business diploma but offered to studt information security in SIT.

questions :
1) how tough would it be for me?
2) End of the day, how is the competition and workload?
3) Would it be better to head overseas to study finance?

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It would be tough for you if you do not have any programming knowledge beforehand like HTML, JAVA, Python, C and etc as you will be learning this within 1 year time.

The competition depends on the batch which you are enrolled in. For me, it is tough as my course batches are all very pro one. The workload is every module you take will have 1 project or more so you need to have good time management and can work under pressure as it is not easy.

For the last qns, I got no comment as I’m not sure about that. Sorry couldn’t help you on that.

thank you!
so if i do not have any prior knowledge and i guess its a little too late now, any advice?
project wise, group or individual? are the prof/lect open to many consultation to people like me who have no background?

Oh ya btw, career prospect in regards to NUS NTU compsci/infosec?

YanYing01

Reaction score
You can still start to learn and practice before you start your trimester. Project wise usually is group. But when it comes to year 2, it might be individual depends on the professor. Yeap every professsor is available for multiple consultations.

For career prospect, let me check and get back for u.

thank you!
so if i do not have any prior knowledge and i guess its a little too late now, any advice?
project wise, group or individual? are the prof/lect open to many consultation to people like me who have no background?

Oh ya btw, career prospect in regards to NUS NTU compsci/infosec?

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can still start to learn and practice before you start your trimester. Project wise usually is group. But when it comes to year 2, it might be individual depends on the professor. Yeap every professsor is available for multiple consultations.

For career prospect, let me check and get back for u.

would you mind pm-ing me anything that can help me in learning and practicing? :)

eggtastic

Reaction score
I think it was bad :( I’m coming from an unrelated diploma and I think that the rest of my group did really well!!! Because they were in related diplomas haha and they could answer most of the questions given. Just have to wait for the results for the second interview :(

Hey! How’s your interview?

Abyssal.Xuan

Reaction score
I did mine in both in feb :/

mmm. i did my interview in end march. I think i got the email about 2 weeks later, in mid april? But all these vary. Don't fret. Just keep yourself occupied too haha.

They could have a specific result window as well. It's hard to say.

Have faith! If not just do your best in other things! It'll be fine! :)

HCITesting

Reaction score
Wow! I just got shortlisted for ICT SE interview haha! That was really fast. Just submitted application last Friday. Any one else got the email too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.