Korean Government Scholarship Program 2015

Jonneh

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure if you guys know much about this scholarship that is offered by Korea to Singaporeans (one of the many countries offered to)

It's for people like me, who can't get into local universities and don't wanna waste money going to private universities.

You can take a look here at my blog for more information about applying. The application period is NOW so anyone looking to go to Korea to study under this scholarship should get a move on and apply now.

Some benefits of the scholarship.
  • Full tuition paid for
  • Monthly stipend of ~$1000SGD
  • Bond-free
  • 5 year (Language + Degree)

Hairlessly: Korean Government Scholarship Program: How-Tos
This is my personal blog, so you can feel free to read up on it about my travels and life in Korea as a student!

Good luck~

Last edited:

Liao123

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure if you guys know much about this scholarship that is offered by Korea to Singaporeans (one of the many countries offered to)

It's for people like me, who can't get into local universities and don't wanna waste money going to private universities.

You can take a look here at my blog for more information about applying. The application period is NOW so anyone looking to go to Korea to study under this scholarship should get a move on and apply now.

Some benefits of the scholarship.
  • Full tuition paid for
  • Monthly stipend of ~$1000SGD
  • Bond-free
  • 5 year (Language + Degree)

Sanguine Seoul: Korean Government Scholarship Program: How-Tos

Good luck~

Haha, which Korean university did you go to??

Jonneh

Reaction score
Haha, which Korean university did you go to??

Hey, apologies.

I'm currently doing Korean Language at another university in another city, Sunmoon University at Cheonan, South Korea.

Next year I'll be going on to Yonsei University ^_^

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey, apologies.

I'm currently doing Korean Language at another university in another city, Sunmoon University at Cheonan, South Korea.

Next year I'll be going on to Yonsei University ^_^
curious...managed to kope korean mm bo? if u r a IC/ RM fan there is a thread in edmw

Jonneh

Reaction score
curious...managed to kope korean mm bo? if u r a IC/ RM fan there is a thread in edmw

Haha I don't understand, kope korean mm? What is mm?

Anyway, yeah I saw those threads before, but this one's just for those interested to study in Korea.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can intro more info? Cause the link links to a blog which is only post of visits to korea.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Haha I don't understand, kope korean mm? What is mm?

Anyway, yeah I saw those threads before, but this one's just for those interested to study in Korea.
it mean...get a korean mei mei as girlfriend.....

and i also mean did u manage to see shootings of variety shows around the city...hiaz u really study until like no entertainment sense liao.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pretty good info, cannot get into local uni but can score award
Not that competive among singaporean I suppose

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
korean is quite a difficult language to master; comparable to Portuguese harder than french. if one is heading for engineering and with korean language...jitao hosey liao.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
korean is quite a difficult language to master; comparable to Portuguese harder than french. if one is heading for engineering and with korean language...jitao hosey liao.

Compare that to Japanese and Chinese. I find Korean actually not so bad, at least the basic vowels and consonants are not that difficult and complicated. The sentence structures are pretty straightforward.

If you ask an someone who doesn't know Chinese, they will tell you Chinese is harder then Korean.

Saionji

Reaction score
jin satki scholarship

must learn korean before applying isit

:(

seems like the language class is also sponsored but total need to stay in korea for 5 years 1+4. Singapore only 2 slots wor, want to go better apply fast when this scholarship still not well known.

Liao123

Reaction score
seems like the language class is also sponsored but total need to stay in korea for 5 years 1+4. Singapore only 2 slots wor, want to go better apply fast when this scholarship still not well known.

Actually the scholarship is already very well known. I knew it since JC 1 as the Korean embassy has asked the JCs to distribute the information to the students' email every year. I wanted to apply for this scholarship at first, but afterwards I dropped the idea for a number of reasons. Firstly, most Korean universities if not all has lower reputations than NUS/NTU. Although the top 3 universities in Korea - the SKY is not bad, their ranking has been dropping generally over the years. Secondly, SNU teaches all courses in Korean and that is the only university I think is worth going to for me with my academic standing. However, if I learn my stuff in Korean, it may be difficult to translate back what I have learnt in English after I return to Singapore. If I go to Yonsei University, the the English-taught Underwoods International College does not hold the same reputation as its Korean speaking colleges. Lastly, it will take me five years there, but I have already wasted 2 years in army. I feel that this scholarship will be good if you cannot go to the big three local U in Singapore. However, it doesnt hurt much to apply if you are truly interested in Korean cultures.

What I said is my opinion as a potential applicant in the past... :p

Jonneh

Reaction score
it mean...get a korean mei mei as girlfriend.....

and i also mean did u manage to see shootings of variety shows around the city...hiaz u really study until like no entertainment sense liao.

Hahaha, to be honest I didn't study that hard. However, because I was in another city outside of Seoul, I didn't manage to enjoy the city much. Though, I've been travelling around Korea to a few places to explore.

You can read more from the link, it's my personal blog.

During my year it wasn't very competitive among Singaporeans and there were around 40 applications and less than 10 for the interview. Getting more per year though.

After 1 year of Korean Language, Korean is way easier than Chinese to be honest, since I took Chinese as mother tongue..

jin satki scholarship

must learn korean before applying isit

:(

Yup it's a total of 5 years, 1+4. You really should try it.. I myself was pretty undecisive because I thought that since I couldn't get into a local university, it would be difficult getting into a foreign university, let alone a scholarship.

But I guess this works the same way foreign students come into Singapore to study.... so just try!

Actually the scholarship is already very well known. I knew it since JC 1 as the Korean embassy has asked the JCs to distribute the information to the students' email every year. I wanted to apply for this scholarship at first, but afterwards I dropped the idea for a number of reasons. Firstly, most Korean universities if not all has lower reputations than NUS/NTU. Although the top 3 universities in Korea - the SKY is not bad, their ranking has been dropping generally over the years. Secondly, SNU teaches all courses in Korean and that is the only university I think is worth going to for me with my academic standing. However, if I learn my stuff in Korean, it may be difficult to translate back what I have learnt in English after I return to Singapore. If I go to Yonsei University, the the English-taught Underwoods International College does not hold the same reputation as its Korean speaking colleges. Lastly, it will take me five years there, but I have already wasted 2 years in army. I feel that this scholarship will be good if you cannot go to the big three local U in Singapore. However, it doesnt hurt much to apply if you are truly interested in Korean cultures.

What I said is my opinion as a potential applicant in the past... :p

Although I agree with you about the fact that you should apply if you can't get into the local Singapore universities, people might actually think about going into private universities like SIM in Singapore..

However, the very core of going overseas to study is the experience, exposure, and additionally, another language. Going overseas has taught me many more things than just from books, learning how to live alone, planning your finances, being able to take care of yourself, knowing what's right and what's wrong.

Some might argue being able to learn all these in Singapore, but you'll never really know what alone is till you don't have a home you can turn to in times of any trouble that might be too big for you to handle. Apart from academics, you have to learn how to do everything yourself, even moving of your personal belongings through dormitories.

I believe, that is more important than education. Because it's what life is about.

PS: Apologies about not replying all these posts but I didn't know it would have come alive again because it went quiet a few months back. I updated the link with the latest one because I changed my blogger link. It's also my personal blog about life in Korea so please feel free to read up!

nady2015

Reaction score
However, the very core of going overseas to study is the experience, exposure, and additionally, another language. Going overseas has taught me many more things than just from books, learning how to live alone, planning your finances, being able to take care of yourself, knowing what's right and what's wrong.

Some might argue being able to learn all these in Singapore, but you'll never really know what alone is till you don't have a home you can turn to in times of any trouble that might be too big for you to handle. Apart from academics, you have to learn how to do everything yourself, even moving of your personal belongings through dormitories.

Quote for truth. That's why when you look at recruitment for management trainee programs at MNCs, having overseas experiences is always a big plus point - especially if you've spent your entire undergrad experience overseas.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.