HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LIFE DURING AND AFTER NIE.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #31
Banned

What if I break my bond?

During my time at NIE, I knew 3 people who broke their bond. If you think about breaking your bond, please think 10 times over. Once you break your bond, you will need to repay back the course fees of the courses you have completed and the salary that has been given to you. It's pro-rated. So if you break your bond during year 1, it's a lesser amount to pay back then say, breaking your bond in year 3.

If you finish your training and decided to break your bond during the first year of working, you will need to pay the full course fees + what ever salary you was given during your training. Again, Pro-rated, so breaking the bond during your first year of work is higher VS breaking your bond that only has 6 months left.
From the way you talk can tell that you only work for 4 years.

Anyway, the above bolded statements seem to contradict one another.
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #32

First bold statement refers to the study phase. Second bold statement refers to the work phase.
starbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #33
Greater Supremacy Member

Thank you for moulding the future of our Nation.

Teacher with a capital 'T'.
Old 25-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #34
High Supremacy Member

Thank you for moulding the future of our Nation.

Teacher with a capital 'T'.
You 2 really got nothing better to do than to try and talk smart, come up with sarcastic remarks and find issues ah

posted this to give people who jump onto the teaching bandwagon some insights on what they might face. still need to come deal with people like you.

Old 25-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #35

Hi nyvrem,

Super informative thread!

If you can choose to teach between primary and secondary school level, which would you pick?

I am assuming that the primary level is easier to work with, due to the less taxing curriculum, which means less overall at work, but I may be sprouting ignorant nonsense
Cracked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #36
Banned

You 2 really got nothing better to do than to try and talk smart, come up with sarcastic remarks and find issues ah

posted this to give people who jump onto the teaching bandwagon some insights on what they might face. still need to come deal with people like you.

I where got sarcastic? I was asking genuine questions which I dunno the answer beforehand.
Old 25-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #37
Banned

Hi nyvrem,

If you can choose to teach between primary and secondary school level, which would you pick?

I am assuming that the primary level is easier to work with, due to the less taxing curriculum, which means less overall at work, but I may be sprouting ignorant nonsense
Primary - a lot of parents will call in to complain, hold you accountable or wanna talk to you regularly to check on progress. Nowadays parents very kiasu. Young children also do the silliest thing.

Secondary - less parents unless you are in elite sec school. More problematic students.
Old 25-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Hi nyvrem,

don't think that ! primary level also got alot of sai kang to do. and you'd be surprised but secondary level also got alot of parents that act like primary school parents. every other week email/call you to ask for update on their child.

my suggestion is for you to go intern at both primary and secondary schools to see what suits your taste. go to a neighborhood school. you'll see alot of 'problem' kids come from broken families ; they really need alot of help and support from you (the teacher) and counselors/social workers. see if you are cut out for it. both pri and sec schools have these 'problem' kids.

Old 25-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

Always thought teachers had annual leave on top of the school breaks.
tomicaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #40

Hi nyvrem,

I aspire to be a teacher one day.
a&w_rootbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #41
Banned

Hi nyvrem,

I aspire to be a teacher one day.
Thanks for moulding the future of our nation.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #42

What are the chances of getting accepted by MOE after graduating from the non-sponsored PGDE programme? I feel like MOE would most likely not take people who don't have a bond..
sharifah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #43
High Supremacy Member

What are the chances of getting accepted by MOE after graduating from the non-sponsored PGDE programme? I feel like MOE would most likely not take people who don't have a bond..
holy 2 year necro bump sia ~

to answer your qns, same as everyone else. i don't think MOE/NIE distinguses between those who want to sign a bond and those who want to self pay.

Getting into the program is via academic merit.
Old 25-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #44
Master Member

necro again with a question

how valuable is the NIE diploma/postgrad diploma to international schools?

I've seen international schools offering $5k-12k for teachers, would they prefer to hire graduates from NIE?
koja6049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #45
Master Member

a PGDE cost 21k.. and anyway i have asked MOE before.. they will NOT take in those that self paid for PGDE..
13nc13ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.