HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #31

yep it the email with all the details that is in a PDF format
Hi Hikaru111! Could you share the information of the venue and details?

I checked the PDF that was attached (EPT Test guide 2nd Dec), and the details stated "The test takes place at NIE, generally starting at 10 a.m. and continues into the late afternoon. NIE will contact all candidates with details of the test approximately one week before the test date." and some other details regarding payment via ibank or by cheque etc.
treeplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #32

Hi Hikaru111! Could you share the information of the venue and details?

I checked the PDF that was attached (EPT Test guide 2nd Dec), and the details stated "The test takes place at NIE, generally starting at 10 a.m. and continues into the late afternoon. NIE will contact all candidates with details of the test approximately one week before the test date." and some other details regarding payment via ibank or by cheque etc.
Hi treeplet! Thats the same information i got from the PDF. I think with regards to location maybe wait till tmr or if not on that day go direct to the student center to ask.

If you email them it will take a longer time for them to reply.
Hikaru111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #33

Hi treeplet! Thats the same information i got from the PDF. I think with regards to location maybe wait till tmr or if not on that day go direct to the student center to ask.

If you email them it will take a longer time for them to reply.
Hello Hikaru111, alright thank you! All the best to you for your EPT & Souppress all the best too!
treeplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #34

Hello Hikaru111, alright thank you! All the best to you for your EPT & Souppress all the best too!
Hey treeplets and Hikaru111, all the best for the EP tmr MOE replied that we should hear from them by 1pm today! So just check ur email !
souppress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #35

Good Luck

Hi treeplets , Hikaru111 & Souppress

Were you from the Oct/Nov interview batch? Just wanted to know cos I'm from that batch and I'm still waiting for an update after the "shortlisted" email.

Anyway, good luck for your test!
Chosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #36

Wow, it's like so long, I have called them and they email back saying...if selected they will offer a letter w more details
Oh I see.... I have been repeatedly asking MOE about when they will be able to provide an official reply about the outcome of my application but they could only say that they are still processing the application without a clear deadline....

Lets hope they get back to us soon :/
changs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #37

Oh I see.... I have been repeatedly asking MOE about when they will be able to provide an official reply about the outcome of my application but they could only say that they are still processing the application without a clear deadline....

Hi Changs123, may I know how did u check with MOE regarding application status? Mind sharing the Email address or number to contact them pls?
pappypew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #38

OK, I'm from the August batch interviewees and..im still waiting. I can still afford to wait though, as I'm still working at my job, in the meantime, life continues, heh.
Xiuje87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #39

Hi Guys!

I'm gonna apply for Bachelor in Art in this year.
I finished my my diploma in Aerospace and engineering last year but my result wasn't good. Meanwhile I having my diploma in ABRSM too and 6 years of piano teaching and performances. Does that help in applying for NIE?

Thanks!
audreycham94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #40

Hi everyone. Does MOE go through a reference check with your current employer before accepting your application? I want to apply for PGDE but I do not plan to tell my current boss, for job security reasons. Please advice!
momo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #41

Hi folks

I was hoping I would able to get some advice, if you'd be kind enough. I'm hoping to apply to do my PGDE in Singapore by applying through the MOE, during the March 2017 application window. I live in Scotland and I've been trying to find information for foreign applicants. Do you guys know if foreigners are often accepted by the MOE? I know that here in the UK, foreign or not, it's incredibly difficult to get a place on the PGDE course unless you've been top of the class all the way through high school and university. Is it the same in Singapore? I do have a MA in Business Management from the University of Glasgow and voluntary teaching experience, which I'm hoping will help.

Finally, for those of you who have been successful (congratulations!), were you required to attend several interviews/health checks, etc? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here and I should probably cross this bridge if and when I get to it, but Scotland and Singapore are pretty far apart, so the logistics might be tough to figure out if they ask for more than one interview.

Thanks in advance!
NickJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #42

Hi NickJay,

Check out this link: www . moe . gov . sg/careers/teach/trained-teachers-foreign-degree

The link should help answer some questions.

If I'm not mistaken, with regard to interviews, MOE does conduct Skype interviews. Or at least they did when a couple of my friends (one of them British and the other Canadian) applied 5 years ago.

Hope this helps.
fire4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 01:57 AM   #43

Keep your heads up!

Hi guys,

Just a heads up here, I'm from the Jul 2016 interview batch, rcd my shortlisted email in Aug 2016. I waited for close to 5 months before receiving my medical check up email from vital on 12 Jan 2017.

All I wanna say is, for those who rcd the shortlisted email, I know the waiting game is tormenting but please keep the faith and hold on. Judging from past forumers's experience, it is eventual that you will receive the offer, just that the waiting time really varies upon each individual.

For my case, I just completed my bachelor in Dec 2016, so I think I'm considered lucky to receive the medical email about 2 weeks later upon my results's release. Nonetheless, it was stated in the medical email that my application is still under consideration, so I guess nothing's ever confirmed till I sign on the papers.

But in any case, just stay positive and may good news come along soon!
positivevibesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #44

Hi guys,

Just a heads up here, I'm from the Jul 2016 interview batch, rcd my shortlisted email in Aug 2016. I waited for close to 5 months before receiving my medical check up email from vital on 12 Jan 2017.

All I wanna say is, for those who rcd the shortlisted email, I know the waiting game is tormenting but please keep the faith and hold on. Judging from past forumers's experience, it is eventual that you will receive the offer, just that the waiting time really varies upon each individual.

For my case, I just completed my bachelor in Dec 2016, so I think I'm considered lucky to receive the medical email about 2 weeks later upon my results's release. Nonetheless, it was stated in the medical email that my application is still under consideration, so I guess nothing's ever confirmed till I sign on the papers.

But in any case, just stay positive and may good news come along soon!
Hey, congratulations, and may I know when is your start date?
Xiuje87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #45

Hi! I have received the medical checkup notice and did it on the last week of December. Would like to ask if anyone knows when the acceptance letter may roughly arrive? I actually emailed HR to ask about my estimated starting date and and they told me that my earliest starting date would be mid-June this year.
Totoro2907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.