NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

pinkorange01

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've send off my application for PGDE on 28 June, got the auto email from careers@gov saying it will be processed within 4-5 weeks. And that due to high volume of applicants, I should assume that my application is unsuccessful if I don't hear back by 11 August.

A lot of people have posted about the process after the interview and medical etc, but I just wanted to know:
1. Is the 4-5 week timeframe to be shortlisted for an interview accurate or will they actually take longer?
2. Has anyone who applied for this round gotten a call back for an interview yet?

I'm mid-career, applying for Secondary Art. Just nervous that I might not get shortlisted as 11 August is soon approaching :/

Thank you!!

Hey there,
All the best with your application.
I think there's still a chance that they're still processing yours. Here's my application timeline so far:
1) Applied 23 May 2017
2)Got a call on 14 July 2017 for the interview
It took about 1.5 month for the call.
I'm not sure if they follow the dateline, but there's definitely still a chance, all the best!You can try to email them to clarify. did u apply the previous round?

Jxcurly

Reaction score
Applied 30th June
Email 19th July
Call to confirm interview date 22nd July

From my observation, usually the last week before shortlist for interview period closes, they wont call for interviews alrdy.

All the best to you xx

Hey Jxcurly,
Congrats for being shortlisted for interview and good luck! How long after your application did they get in touch? I hope I get a call soon *cross-fingers*

meiseepig

Reaction score
Hi all! I've received MOE's letter of offer as well.

To all successful applicants, may I ask if the gross salary indicated in the letter is what we will receive? Or is that just a general statement? :)

justintbq

Reaction score
Hi all! I've received MOE's letter of offer as well.

To all successful applicants, may I ask if the gross salary indicated in the letter is what we will receive? Or is that just a general statement? :)

congrats, will see you at the briefing. that is your gross income before CPF (20%). it has been calculated based on your documents/ qualifications you presented during the application.

Phoebe1928

Reaction score
Same here.. 😫 was thinking if we will only be contacted in Nov if we were being pushed to the Dec batch? Shall we update each other once we get it?😆

Hi staries I have just received my medical email! :) hope that yours will come soon too!

meiseepig

Reaction score
congrats, will see you at the briefing. that is your gross income before CPF (20%). it has been calculated based on your documents/ qualifications you presented during the application.

Thanks! Congrats to you too and see you at the briefing!

Ah I see. I thought it was a general statement because its written "you may receive...".
Anyway, what class of honours did you get and do you mind sharing your gross starting amount? :)

justintbq

Reaction score
Thanks! Congrats to you too and see you at the briefing!

Ah I see. I thought it was a general statement because its written "you may receive...".
Anyway, what class of honours did you get and do you mind sharing your gross starting amount? :)

im a masters graduate so its slightly higher than 3.8k :)

mamoo82

Reaction score
Just wondering, is it possible to change the start date of the deployment in school for untrained teachers?

lululalaland

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My timeline:

5th July: Submitted (Choices JC Bio Chem)
17th July: Invited for teaching information session (Pri General)
18th July: RSVPed for teaching information session
19th July: Shortlisted for interview email
21st July: Attended teaching information session
(very much inspired by the senior teachers during networking session)

Currently waiting for details for interview. Extremely nervous.

Anyone trying out relief teaching to boost teaching profile?

I decided to quit my sales job. Totally not my thing. Decided to take more teaching assignments to gain exposure. Big risk. Hoping it is worth it.

justintbq

Reaction score
Hi Justin,

May I know which level are you teaching? Is 3.8k your teaching contract pay or pay after nie.?

Will be teaching secondary bio and chem. pay is the same for contract teaching & during PGDE. upon graduation, then progression kicks in. unsure abt how that works yet though.

justintbq

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My timeline:

5th July: Submitted (Choices JC Bio Chem)
17th July: Invited for teaching information session (Pri General)
18th July: RSVPed for teaching information session
19th July: Shortlisted for interview email
21st July: Attended teaching information session
(very much inspired by the senior teachers during networking session)

Currently waiting for details for interview. Extremely nervous.

Anyone trying out relief teaching to boost teaching profile?

I decided to quit my sales job. Totally not my thing. Decided to take more teaching assignments to gain exposure. Big risk. Hoping it is worth it.

Hi, congratulations on getting shortlisted for interview! Prepare ALOT for your interview, as that is more important than having relief teaching experience. During my interview, they touch alot on issues beyond teaching experience. Read through glassdoor interview questions. There's someone who will be recording what you say hence why i say, prepare like hell!

hope this helps.. cheers

souppress

Reaction score
Hi, I would just like to check if our salary is the same as what we receive during contract when we're doing our training at NIE? THanks! :)

powercat84

Reaction score
Hey there,
All the best with your application.
I think there's still a chance that they're still processing yours. Here's my application timeline so far:
1) Applied 23 May 2017
2)Got a call on 14 July 2017 for the interview
It took about 1.5 month for the call.
I'm not sure if they follow the dateline, but there's definitely still a chance, all the best!You can try to email them to clarify. did u apply the previous round?
Hi pinkorange01,
I didn't apply the previous round.

However, I have applied once in 2004 or 2005, when I was a diploma graduate and was offered a place for Dip Ed. But I declined then as I took on a different position. I hope that's not going to have an effect??

I've got a Masters now and have been an adjunct lecturer for the past 4 years in LASALLE, so on paper I'm assuming that I have what it takes to at least be shortlisted for an interview.. Ugh, I hope someone gets in touch!

What subject did you apply for?

lululalaland

Reaction score
Hi, congratulations on getting shortlisted for interview! Prepare ALOT for your interview, as that is more important than having relief teaching experience. During my interview, they touch alot on issues beyond teaching experience. Read through glassdoor interview questions. There's someone who will be recording what you say hence why i say, prepare like hell!

hope this helps.. cheers

Thanks for your advise Justin! And congrats on your offer. I hope I can get in too. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.