NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Faithintomorrow

Reaction score
I applied for TL MTL in Feb and went for an interview around April . At career .gov the status shows shortlisted but until today I have not received any letter or email. It's been many months already and I already mailed them. But I have not received any reply. Can someone tell me if you have been in this situation. Is it positive or negative? I am losing hope each day 😞

They are usually quicker to reject people nowadays. I have a Friend in the same batch that only recently got the medical email. Don't lose hope. (; I just cleared my medical in end Jul, still waiting too..

Colling15

Reaction score
It wasn't an email but rather a letter by snail mail. Yup it stated an offer for short-term contract.

Ohh but when I emailed MOE asking they will inform us of the outcome they said by email...n I asked them this just recently last week

lululalaland

Reaction score
For those who had undergone the interview process and are not fresh grads, it is compulsory to provide the Certificate of Service/Letter of Employment from previous employers?

I am no longer in contact with my previous manager. It will be very difficult for me to request that from them.

Jxcurly

Reaction score
You can provide them w your cpf statement throughout your employment period.

For those who had undergone the interview process and are not fresh grads, it is compulsory to provide the Certificate of Service/Letter of Employment from previous employers?

I am no longer in contact with my previous manager. It will be very difficult for me to request that from them.

Penquin0480

Reaction score
They are usually quicker to reject people nowadays. I have a Friend in the same batch that only recently got the medical email. Don't lose hope. (; I just cleared my medical in end Jul, still waiting too..

Thank you so much . It's just that the wait is too long for me . Wish you all the best too and your friend.

Penquin0480

Reaction score
hi, if your status reads shortlisted, you ARE shortlisted. just got to hang tight for the email to come. it'll take some time because the next mail you will get is from VITAL - one that states your salary offered + dateline for you to attend a medical appt.

I strongly believe that you will not receive the next email (medical appt email) till you're nearing the call-up date. Let me explain: I have a friend who applied last August 2016, got shortlisted but received the next email (medical appt email) only in Feb 2017. Subsequently, my friend started her contract teaching in June 2017. PS: Once you have that email, you're already in - just a matter of when!

As for me, I went for interview in March 2017, completed my medical appt in June & about to start contract teaching in Dec 2017. Anyhow, MOE will give a standard reply to your email along the lines of "we are processing your application. we will inform you of your status when it has been complete". So just hang in there!

good luck!

Hi thank you for explaining it to me . At least now I am getting a bit of hope and telling myself to be patience. I was worried because I did not receive any official mail regarding the interview and I only knew the results when I just checked career. Gov . Some say shortlisted means only for interview? So I was kinda worried about it .
Happy for you buddy. Congrats and all the best 😊👍

Gerridin

Reaction score
If I'm shortlisted for primary school, isit possible to jump to teach secondary school in the future? anyone knows?

It is possible to switch from secondary to primary school but I have not heard of any teachers who switch from primary to secondary track.

jqing917

Reaction score
hi, if your status reads shortlisted, you ARE shortlisted. just got to hang tight for the email to come. it'll take some time because the next mail you will get is from VITAL - one that states your salary offered + dateline for you to attend a medical appt.

I strongly believe that you will not receive the next email (medical appt email) till you're nearing the call-up date. Let me explain: I have a friend who applied last August 2016, got shortlisted but received the next email (medical appt email) only in Feb 2017. Subsequently, my friend started her contract teaching in June 2017. PS: Once you have that email, you're already in - just a matter of when!

As for me, I went for interview in March 2017, completed my medical appt in June & about to start contract teaching in Dec 2017. Anyhow, MOE will give a standard reply to your email along the lines of "we are processing your application. we will inform you of your status when it has been complete". So just hang in there!

good luck!

May I ask after medical checkup, will they give you the medical report? So that you know whether you cleared the medical examination.

justintbq

Reaction score
May I ask after medical checkup, will they give you the medical report? So that you know whether you cleared the medical examination.

no they will not give you any report.

i was very lucky that the doctor took the time to address my previous conditions and end the assessment by reassuring me that i'm medically fit to go.

i highly recommend you to enquire if you're fit to go, if your attending doctor is not as nice as the one i got.

kelly2005

Reaction score
AED LBS INTERVIEW

I've yet to receive any reply too after my interview.

My timeline for my application is as follows:

12 June: Send application for AED
5 July: Shortlised for interview
13 July: Went for interview

As of now still yet to get reply. The waiting game is torturing in a way. :s11:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's anyone here who applied for AED LBS recently? I went for the interview on the first week of July and still hasn't heard from them. Should I be worried?

Hellytroop3

Reaction score
Has anyone who completed their medical in July 2017 heard back from MOE yet?

Hi Colling15, I went for my medical checkup in late July and the deadline was on 8 aug. Just received the vital email today regarding appointment briefing. It will come soon, hang in there.

Colling15

Reaction score
Hi Colling15, I went for my medical checkup in late July and the deadline was on 8 aug. Just received the vital email today regarding appointment briefing. It will come soon, hang in there.
Hi Hellytroop3 thanks for the prompt reply. You just got the email today? When is the next appt briefing?

Hellytroop3

Reaction score
Congrats! Which subjects did u get shortlisted for? Hope I hear from them too..the wait is killing me

Thanks! I got shortlisted for Pri school music. The waiting time is indeed torturous. I waited for about 8 months :( hope you hear from them soon!

Jessicasim

Reaction score
Hi I would like to ask for some advice. I am a A level graduate and applied for teaching diploma in 29th of May for the Chinese programme. I got called up for interview and went for it on 25th July. Today I got an email stating that my interview was unsuccessful and was adviced that I apply one year after this interview and meanwhile do relief teaching to support my application. I did state in my interview that I do not have any teaching experience except for the teaching my younger cousins.
If I apply again for the next windows which ends at 4th Oct this year and meanwhile do relied teaching and private tutoring, what are my chances of getting called up for interview and passing the interview?
I really appreciate the advices given as I am very passionate about teaching and I am not very hopeful about the bachelor's degree in teaching as I did not hit the grades requirement so this is my only way to get into teaching. Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.