HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree12Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2017, 03:22 AM   #601

Hi, did you have to go for the music audition before being accepted? Does it mean that not being called up to go for the music audition means definitely rejected?

hi all,

all the best to those who are going through the interview/waiting period!

i applied last year for October 2016 intake and am assuming duty on 19 June this year (been a long wait, haha). i was shortlisted to teach music (primary), so just thought of shouting out to any PGDE music primary teachers who have already assumed duty... how can i prepare myself best during this period before i start work?

thank you!
Toffeenut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #602

Yes they have replied to all my emails. Although it does take a while sometimes. The email I sent it to is the same one they used to inform me of the shortlist.

Did they reply your email? Which email did you sent it to? I emailed them 2 weeks ago but they did not reply at all. Called them up last week and they said that they will check and email me. But again, no email...
fire4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #603

Hi! Does anybody know what are the chances of getting the offer after receiving the email stating you're shortlisted for employment but still being considered in competition with other shortlisted candidates? And Usually how Long will they confirm with you? Thanks
yisissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #604

Hi. I am an aspiring teacher who is currently heading for NUS Life Science this August. Just wondering if I apply for an MOE Teaching Award this year as a year-one undergraduate, will I have the chance to enrol in NIE's Bsc(Ed) program assuming my application is successful? Thinking that since I am going to be a teacher anyway, I would rather receive an education which more relevant to the field. Thank you!
fire_burning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #605

Went for PDGE interview on the 19th April, rejection email came last week.
Kiloph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #606

Hi! Does anybody know what are the chances of getting the offer after receiving the email stating you're shortlisted for employment but still being considered in competition with other shortlisted candidates? And Usually how Long will they confirm with you? Thanks
Hi congratulations to be shortlisted. May I know when was your interview? And when to be shortlisted? Which subject u r shortlisted to? Thanks
icetea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #607

Same here. My PDGE interview was on the 27th April, rejection email came today. so sad.
starmarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #608

PGDE interview on 28 Apr.
Unsuccessful today~
icetea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 01:53 AM   #609

You will receive an email regarding about medical check up within a week (for my case)
snowballjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #610

Hi congratulations to be shortlisted. May I know when was your interview? And when to be shortlisted? Which subject u r shortlisted to? Thanks
Hi thank you! I interviewed on 4th May and received shortlisted email on 23 May. Primary school Chinese
Old 25-05-2017, 08:01 AM   #611

You will receive an email regarding about medical check up within a week (for my case)
Thank you!
Old 25-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #612

Thanks a lot for this It was helpful. Just went for the test on Tuesday and feeling nervous about the results. Not sure how long they will take to inform us on our results and if we are still shortlisted.

Hello there! I've been looking for people to answer this question of yours before I took my test but I couldn't find any so time for me to share my experience to those wondering!

I took my ELEPT last month, 25th April, just received my statement of results today, 16th May.

For ELEPT, refer to the sample paper on the website, it is quite similar to the actual day.

For the Written component, we had 2 essays to write. One of which was a news article targeted to a certain audience, and the other was an essay about undergraduates posting negative feedback about their university on social media. Found the topics rather difficult and unexpected, but I'd suggest just studying the writing formats and manage your time well for the written papers.

As for the Spoken Component, we had to read up a passage and prepare for our monologue, we have 5mins to sit outside to prepare before we go in to see the invigilator who would record our entire time there. For this, just speak loudly and clearly, pace yourself well and avoid going out of topic.

No idea what are the chances of passing it but as bad as I felt after the exam, I managed to pass so just be calm and prepare ahead!

All the best to those taking their ELEPT soon!
Lovely18lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #613

Hi, did you have to go for the music audition before being accepted? Does it mean that not being called up to go for the music audition means definitely rejected?
hi Toffeenut5,

apologies as i just saw your post. yes i had to go through interview + audition. when was your interview? perhaps u can give them some time to contact you for the audition. all the best!
shadedpages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #614

hi Toffeenut5,

apologies as i just saw your post. yes i had to go through interview + audition. when was your interview? perhaps u can give them some time to contact you for the audition. all the best!
Hello! I just went for the PGDE (Sec) Music audition yesterday. I'm not sure if it was meant to be, but it came across as quite informal? How long do they take to inform you of the audition results?
mellyflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #615

Same
Do you think we can reapply again for the June's window?

PGDE interview on 28 Apr.
Unsuccessful today~
audreycham94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.