HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2017, 12:50 AM   #61

After a lot of pestering I got an email reply saying that my application will only be considered for June or Dec 2017. I interviewed in Nov. The wait is really bad...

Hi Chosam,

Could you describe your experience? As in were you shortlisted for GEO? And what subject were you assigned?
positivevibesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 09:34 AM   #62

After a lot of pestering I got an email reply saying that my application will only be considered for June or Dec 2017. I interviewed in Nov. The wait is really bad...
Hi Chosam. Are they refering to the teaching stint? I am in the same situation as u. Interviewed in nov and since then received no news.
jankoon1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #63

I guess we all have to wait until near June before we get any offers then. If anyone has gotten a medical email this few months or even rejections do update ya. (have been waiting since shortlisted in October)
Xiuje87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #64

Hi all, first time posting here. Went for my PGDE interview for pri PE and maths on the 18th of Nov. Got my shortlisted email on 7th of Dec. Never heard from them since.

Since I'm graduating in May and will only get my results back at the end of May, is it safe to assume that they will only process the rest of my application after that? Many thanks!
thefeelingyouget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #65

Yup I am referring to the teaching stint. Shortlisted for GEO Sec Bio/ComputerApps in Dec.
Chosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #66

Hi all, first time posting here. Went for my PGDE interview for pri PE and maths on the 18th of Nov. Got my shortlisted email on 7th of Dec. Never heard from them since.

Since I'm graduating in May and will only get my results back at the end of May, is it safe to assume that they will only process the rest of my application after that? Many thanks!

Hi, I think you could safely say so cause that's what happened to me. I applied in May 2016, went for interview on 22 July 2016 and rcd shotlisted email by 5 Aug 2016. Then after which i rcd no news at all till I submitted my final semester result on 27 Dec 2016. Approximately 2 weeks later on 12 Jan 2017 then did I rcd the email to do medical check up. Right now I'm still waiting too.

While waiting, you could send in an email to moe HR to check if this is the case, because I'm not sure if this applies to all subjects as I was shortlisted for primary MT. But I did email the moe HR during Aug-Sept 2016, and they replied by telling me the application will be processed further upon receiving our final results so...

All the best! Let's hope everyone will get the offer soon!!
positivevibesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #67

Hi all,

I am only gng to graduate in May 2017

Just my timeline so far:

5 Aug 2016 - Interview
24 Aug 2016 - Shortlisted email from MOE
12 Jan 2017 - Medical checkup email from VITAL
17 Jan 2017 - Did medical
Currently still waiting

Shortlisted for Sec math so that could be one reason why my waiting time was so long.

Just be prepared for a long waiting time. From what i heard from my friends who applied is that they usually reject applicants within 1 week of the interview so if there is no news, it usually means good news just that they need some more time to process your application.

Last edited by changs123; 22-01-2017 at 08:12 AM..
changs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 08:53 AM   #68

Hi Chosam,
I'm in the same situation as you.
Went interview on 01 Nov for PGDE Mother Tongue (Sec) & rcvd shortlisted email on 02 Dec. Now going into Jan 17 & no update or anything from MOE.
I got to know from my friend who has finished her 6mths teaching stint & now in NIE that the earliest start date for PGDE MT (Sec) is in Dec 17, hence I guess MOE is not in a rush for my subject.
Could the same reason be the delay for your subject too?
Anyway, pls keep ourselves updated thru this forum.
Thanks & Happy New Year!

Hi juggernaut7

i'm also very much interested in applying for pgde mt (sec). May I know if your degree is a malay lang degree and did you opt for malay lang (sec) upon registering for the application?

Thanks!
Happycloud17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #69

Hi all,

I am only gng to graduate in May 2017

Just my timeline so far:

My timeline:
5 Aug 2016 - Interview
24 Aug 2016 - Shortlisted email from MOE
12 Jan 2017 - Medical checkup email from VITAL
17 Jan 2017 - Did medical
Currently still waiting

Shortlisted for Sec math so that could be one reason why my waiting time was so long.

Just be prepared for a long waiting time. From what i heard from my friends who applied is that they usually reject applicants within 1 week of the interview so if there is no news, it usually means good news just that they need some more time to process your application.
Goodness gracious changs123,
Your wait is very long. I guess it has to be the fact that you've not graduated.
MOE will only offer u e contract stint once they rcvd your transcript to determine your starting pay.
Anyway, it's just a matter of time & before u know it, it's already May.
Since they have called u up for medical, so its shud be quite secured for now (unless u flop the medical).
I knew of a fren like your case, waiting for her final semester transcript before she can start her 6 mths stint, but unfortunately she failed one paper & has to resit in the following Uni semester, MOE still waited for her.
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 10:46 PM   #70

Anybody going apt briefing 23 Jan?
Ntingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 01:25 AM   #71

Hi. Anyone interviewed in November still waiting and haven't gotten any replies yet? Not even rejection/shortlisted emails?
I am still waiting for my offer letter. Did my interview in Nov and then my med checkup in Late Dec. have emailed HR to enquire and they told me my earliest start date is estimated to be in mid june. However, the wait is really long.
Totoro2907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #72

Hi, I think you could safely say so cause that's what happened to me. I applied in May 2016, went for interview on 22 July 2016 and rcd shotlisted email by 5 Aug 2016. Then after which i rcd no news at all till I submitted my final semester result on 27 Dec 2016. Approximately 2 weeks later on 12 Jan 2017 then did I rcd the email to do medical check up. Right now I'm still waiting too.

While waiting, you could send in an email to moe HR to check if this is the case, because I'm not sure if this applies to all subjects as I was shortlisted for primary MT. But I did email the moe HR during Aug-Sept 2016, and they replied by telling me the application will be processed further upon receiving our final results so...

All the best! Let's hope everyone will get the offer soon!!
Thank you so much for sharing! All the best to you too
thefeelingyouget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #73

Hi all,

Just wanted to update that I heard back from MOE. I received the official letter already and can confirm that start date will be mid-June 2017.

Good luck for all those who are still waiting to hear back from MOE after interview/shortlisted/medical. If you need help can call the MOE HR help desk.

For those in their last semester of study, MOE will request that you submit your official results before confirming pay. I suspect that MOE replied fast to me (total of 3 months from interview to receive letter) also cos... erm my results are quite good lah.

Jia you everyone!
JnrOffcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #74

Hi all,

Just wanted to update that I heard back from MOE. I received the official letter already and can confirm that start date will be mid-June 2017.

Good luck for all those who are still waiting to hear back from MOE after interview/shortlisted/medical. If you need help can call the MOE HR help desk.

For those in their last semester of study, MOE will request that you submit your official results before confirming pay. I suspect that MOE replied fast to me (total of 3 months from interview to receive letter) also cos... erm my results are quite good lah.

Jia you everyone!
Hi JnrOffcr,
Thanks for your updates! I just did my medical last week,may I know how did you receive the offer letter?By snail mail? And did MOE email you to inform you that they have sent out the mail? Thanks!
oliviapw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #75

Hi juggernaut7

i'm also very much interested in applying for pgde mt (sec). May I know if your degree is a malay lang degree and did you opt for malay lang (sec) upon registering for the application?

Thanks!
Hi happycloud17,
I've rplied u via yr inbox!
juggernaut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.