NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Anaved

Reaction score
Hi Anaved,

I got a general reply saying they are aware I completed the medical exam and "our application is being considered in competition with the other applicants shortlisted for employment. Please be patient". My friend who applied way before the application window (July) recently just signed. I suspect we are getting bumped to the next intake in Feb. I just hope I can get in and not failed the medical clearance.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I suspect the same. Oh well. They really do take their own sweet time.

kopyk91

Reaction score
Received shortlisted for employment email followed by EL EPT results today around 4pm.

Nanatata

Reaction score
Hi,
Can I ask for those who went for Chinese interview, what kind of response question did they ask u?
For the second component, beside conduct 5 minutes lesson, do you need to submit lesson plan?
Thank you !

Twinkle_Sin

Reaction score
Hi,
Can I ask for those who went for Chinese interview, what kind of response question did they ask u?
For the second component, beside conduct 5 minutes lesson, do you need to submit lesson plan?
Thank you !

May I know when is your interview? Have you receive email?

ruthhh

Master Member
Reaction score
My application was rejected.
Some one from local uni fresh grad third class honours or just a pass got shortlisted for interview.
Experienced professional with overseas uni degree second class honours, marcom experience etc, end up being rejected.

Discrimination in the public service is real. Am so bitter

jazzcuzzi

Reaction score
All the Best to Nanatata and Jazzcuzzi.

Thank you! I just received the rejection email from MOE. Hahaha I guess I will just try again. All the best to everyone going through interviews and waiting for the offer letters!

lululalaland

Reaction score
My application was rejected.
Some one from local uni fresh grad third class honours or just a pass got shortlisted for interview.
Experienced professional with overseas uni degree second class honours, marcom experience etc, end up being rejected.

Discrimination in the public service is real. Am so bitter

I don't think it is discrimination. It is just the volume of applicants is too high. Working experience will only aid in application if it is teaching experience. You can try again if you really want to teach. I know someone mentioned that he kept applying for 10 years and finally got it.

Luvior

Reaction score
Any graduates NOT from local Uni (NUS, NTU, SMU) got called for interview? If yes, which Uni are you from?

amynoor

Reaction score
Did your friend eventually found out the outcome of her ept?
I received an email stating that I have passed my ept but have yet to receive the "shortlisted" email :(

Leavethefool

Reaction score
Hello, lululalaland, Alice.Yu and kopyk91.

Congratulations to each one of you for, having progressed positively in your application.

May you kindly share with me, what you did for your 5-minute demonstration? I am preparing for my interview that will happen next Thursday so, I'll thank you for any kind advice you may share with me on, the demonstration you gave.

Thank you very much.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.