NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
The only thing I do not agree with is the massive subsidies that they get and the promise of a job upon graduation but that's a different matter.

This is not true. their tuition grant requires them to serve a bond of 3 years by work for any company in singapore.

In the event, that they have failed to get working permit after graduation, they will have to go back to their home country and pay the penalty for breaking the bond.

Last edited:

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
This is not true. their scholarship is just a general one by the singapore government that requires them to serve a bond of 3 years by work for any company in singapore.

This is something I really find detestable. Their only requirement is...to work in singapore upon graduation? wtf? Aren't most singaporean students going to do that anyway? Yet we have to pay for our own school fees? :s11:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
This is something I really find detestable. Their only requirement is...to work in singapore upon graduation? wtf? Aren't most singaporean students going to do that anyway? Yet we have to pay for our own school fees? :s11:

after the tuition grant, they pay same if not slightly more than the local student. its not scholarship.

couscous.falafel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the use? I will only be laughed and be scolded for complaining.. u look at the negative and insensitive and elitism reply and hostile comments to me..

I am accused of being a Xenophobia Xenophobe. When I first started questioning the fairness of the selection system of the uni, if u look carefully, it involves not only my case, there are a few of our brothers and sisters here in this thread who cant get into local uni with excellent set of results, eg: even 3.9x and a mendaki scholar cant get in.

Then people start scolding me.. saying that i complain alot, ask me to accept my fate and dun question the system.

ok.. if this is how people treat their own follow citizens but instead willing to make FTs feel welcomed, then i have nothing else to say... If u go to ntu, and look at the number of foreign students there, u know the unfairness I am feeling now.

Anyway, no use saying anything here, I decide to work hard and earn enough $$ to study overseas and I vow never to come back to this country if I have the chance.

I feel I am an outcast in my own country with fellow countryman supporting FTs rather than helping his/her fellow countryman.. This is really sad...

To all those who insulted me.. I hope u dun complain about the system here becos i believe strongly in karma.. Just see what will happen in 10 to 20 years time..

All the best to the rest of you... I am not xenophobia xenophobic, I just feel unfair that my country deprive me of a place in uni but willing to give foreigners a place in uni, especially ntu...

Ok.. anyway all the best to those who are still waiting for the acceptance letter.

If ever I have the chance to serve this country be it 20 to 30 years later, I will make sure that locals are given top priority when it comes to entry to local uni...

:vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

post your o level english results, if you are willing to entertain us. i have a feeling that is the reason you can't get in.

at any rate, uni degree isn't everything. you can still make it in life without one. there are plenty of people out there not born with golden spoons in their mouth who eventually earn a decent wage, without a local/overseas uni degree.

and pls stop equating our logic with being anti-singaporean, pro-FT and pro-PAP. it irks the shiet out of me. as much as it irks you to have your english corrected online.

Last edited:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, no use saying anything here, I decide to work hard and earn enough $$ to study overseas and I vow never to come back to this country if I have the chance.

I feel I am an outcast in my own country with fellow countryman supporting FTs rather than helping his/her fellow countryman.. This is really sad...

this part makes me wanna laugh. when u r so anti- foreigner and yet u wanna be a foreigner in another country. what makes u think that they will welcome u? by studying overseas, u just deprived one of their citizen be able to study in that school.

so my conclusion here is that u r ok if u r the one who steal other's bowl, but not ok if others do that to u.

"do not ask what the country can do for u, but ask what u can do for ur country"

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
This is not true. their tuition grant requires them to serve a bond of 3 years by work for any company in singapore.

In the event, that they have failed to get working permit after graduation, they will have to go back to their home country and pay the penalty for breaking the bond.

Oh yes but I spoke to one of them who told me that if they can't find a job on their own, the government will find something in the public sector for them.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
after the tuition grant, they pay same if not slightly more than the local student. its not scholarship.

My PRC classmate told me he doesn't pay anything for both tuition and accomodation as it is fully sponsored by the sg government. And his bond is only to work in SG after graduation.

I'm pretty sure their perks go beyond paying the same fees as local students.

couscous.falafel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would just like to add, that the top 0.1% of China's population (let's say top in IQ lah) can easily outnumber Sinkapore's student population. 0.1% of 1.4 billion is 1.4mil leh.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
My PRC classmate told me he doesn't pay anything for both tuition and accomodation as it is fully sponsored by the sg government. And his bond is only to work in SG after graduation.

that one should be scholarship. tuition grant doesnt cover accomodation.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh yes but I spoke to one of them who told me that if they can't find a job on their own, the government will find something in the public sector for them.

there were cases of those students being sent back by government and got asked to pay the penalty.

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually they're two kinds that was offered to the guy I spoke to. One was a bond for about 5 years with subsidized fees and another one 10 years (I think) that fully paid for his fees. He choose the 5 year one though.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
would just like to add, that the top 0.1% of China's population (let's say top in IQ lah) can easily outnumber Sinkapore's student population. 0.1% of 1.4 billion is 1.4mil leh.

Hi.. I dun understand why MOXLOTUS support the FTs so much, keep defending the FTs.. maybe he is a FT himself..U look at his replies and u will know.. keep helping to defend the PRC in our universities.

I dun think I am the only one who is anti-FTs for snatching our university place, our jobs and pushing up the price of everything including housing and causing the Jams.. and my father is also fed up with the FTs who are suppose to be cheaper and faster...

In other countries, the locals would support the locals, but uniquely in singapore, we got ppl like MOXLOTUS supporting foreigners..

Ok.. i think majority are like MOXLOTUS ?? So now i cant get into local uni, next worried about finding a job, next worried about the high housing costs etc... My father is already facing some problem with FTs.. ok.. think no point talking about my father, wait that MOXLOTUS wants to say my father useless, cannot compete with FTs..

Ok.. think i tok too much.. i dun want to give MOXLOTUS chance to "attack" me again..

TO MOXLOTUS: ok.. just treat that I am a loser, cannot compete with PRCs for a place in uni.. dun insult me anymore and stop defending the FTs. Please stand up for ur own fellow countryman for a change.. This is SINGAPORE, my country, but the way I see it, FTs are better treated than locals..

Not able to get into local uni and seeing so many PRCs in ntu is really not a pleasant sight.... but to stop ppl like MOXLOTUS for insulting me anymore, I admnit I am a loser in my own country... I will pack up one day and go overseas.. MOXLOTUS, please stop insulting me.. U win!

Last edited:

william2804

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone called up for an interview?I am invited for interview by NTU after I send my appeal.(previously rejected and in the letter stated that application was not successful).

couscous.falafel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.. I dun understand why MOXLOTUS support the FTs so much, keep defending the FTs.. maybe he is a FT himself..U look at his replies and u will know.. keep helping to defend the PRC in our universities.

I dun think I am the only one who is anti-FTs for snatching our university place, our jobs and pushing up the price of everything including housing and causing the Jams.. and my father is also fed up with the FTs who are suppose to be cheaper and faster...

In other countries, the locals would support the locals, but uniquely in singapore, we got ppl like MOXLOTUS supporting foreigners..

Ok.. i think majority are like MOXLOTUS ?? So now i cant get into local uni, next worried about finding a job, next worried about the high housing costs etc... My father is already facing some problem with FTs.. ok.. think no point talking about my father, wait that MOXLOTUS wants to say my father useless, cannot compete with FTs..

Ok.. think i tok too much.. i dun want to give MOXLOTUS chance to "attack" me again..

TO MOXLOTUS: ok.. just treat that I am a loser, cannot compete with PRCs for a place in uni.. dun insult me anymore and stop defending the FTs. Please stand up for ur own fellow countryman for a change.. This is SINGAPORE, my country, but the way I see it, FTs are better treated than locals..

Not able to get into local uni and seeing so many PRCs in ntu is really not a pleasant sight.... but to stop ppl like MOXLOTUS for insulting me anymore, I admnit I am a loser in my own country... I will pack up one day and go overseas.. MOXLOTUS, please stop insulting me.. U win!

dude, at this juncture with PAP's current policies, there really is nothing much you can do. blame the 60.14% if you must, but as it stands now, there are seats reserved for these overseas scholars in pretty much every faculty you can find.

hope you are able to make the best of what you have. if really you have a diploma with COM, you might want to try join MHA and see if you can get sponsored for a local uni education after working for a few years.

if public sector isn't your cup of tea, then find an MNC which promotes employee development thru higher learning.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
dude, at this juncture with PAP's current policies, there really is nothing much you can do. blame the 60.14% if you must, but as it stands now, there are seats reserved for these overseas scholars in pretty much every faculty you can find.

hope you are able to make the best of what you have. if really you have a diploma with COM, you might want to try join MHA and see if you can get sponsored for a local uni education after working for a few years.

if public sector isn't your cup of tea, then find an MNC which promotes employee development thru higher learning.

Thanks for ur support..

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

whine bitch blah blah yada yada, at the end still cannot get in cause your grades are not good enough even though you think it's good enough. It sucks, it's not ideal, what to do, figure out your next step loh

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

com doesn't mean anything, just like being top of a jc where your top score is only BBB where as other top scores of other JCs are AAA.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also have you tried appealing, have you tried doing something to change how you present yourself to the people in charge of admission. You don't want to reveal your GPA/your poly/Your o level score, and you complain about this and that and now about anti-FT, wtf is this **** man.

I also have no idea why you think IGP scores are black and white, even A bloody level scores are not black and white

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heck are you even applying for something relevant to your diploma? **** I can claim that I have a gpa of 4.0 but I can't get into uni and the whole forum erupts. But when I reveal that I am applying for medicine using a biz diploma then it's 0_O

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.