NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

meepok1991

Reaction score
The "statistics" one are A'level H2 mathematics syllabus, so i was shocked cause this is a O'level a-math test.

jameskoay

Reaction score
hey,guys, anyone know where to check the application status of NTU..

i use the "check status",but only see the documents or fee submit or not. diff from NUS website has the status say processing.

anyone know other links to check?:s11:

the only way to find out is by checking the Joint Acceptance portal :) if you have an offer you will be able to log in by your particulars, apart from snail mail

jameskoay

Reaction score
to those who got reserved a course last yr and re-apply this yr:

this yr u re-apply did u put the course u get last yr in the 5 choice or u just put 1 course u want to enter ?

why would you put the course that you are already in as one of your choices again? that doesn't make any sense. anyway the Uni has already said to put one choice if you are re-applying for a more desired course. Because if you put more than 1 course, you may end up getting your 2nd or even 3rd choice which is worse than what you already have. so just put 1 choice. :)

ZOE_26

Reaction score
You can't check NTU application status online on their website. They only send the results with snail mail. :o
so no online website can check NTU status? -^-
no email? i check the website and email everyday,but still wait.

xd3vilx

Master Member
Reaction score
I been called up for interview with SMU. I was told to report to School of Business so this mean I am interviewing for Biz Mgt? They never tell me which course eh. And anyone know what the English test all about? Is the interview a group interview?

khuzaimah

Reaction score
I've done an interview ytd in ntu for the linguistic course. but if they send me the results and i get rejected by that course, does this means that im totally not applicable for ntu anymore or do i still have to wait for them to see my 2nd and 3rd choice?

poingyo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would you put the course that you are already in as one of your choices again? that doesn't make any sense. anyway the Uni has already said to put one choice if you are re-applying for a more desired course. Because if you put more than 1 course, you may end up getting your 2nd or even 3rd choice which is worse than what you already have. so just put 1 choice. :)

so if the first choice that i put for re-apply fail..

i still have the course i reserve last yr right?

jameskoay

Reaction score
I been called up for interview with SMU. I was told to report to School of Business so this mean I am interviewing for Biz Mgt? They never tell me which course eh. And anyone know what the English test all about? Is the interview a group interview?

the interview is a group one :) english test should be a comprehension and essay :)

jameskoay

Reaction score
so if the first choice that i put for re-apply fail..

i still have the course i reserve last yr right?

yes you will still have the course reserved for you, it will only be dropped if you successfully get the new course you applied for

jameskoay

Reaction score
I've done an interview ytd in ntu for the linguistic course. but if they send me the results and i get rejected by that course, does this means that im totally not applicable for ntu anymore or do i still have to wait for them to see my 2nd and 3rd choice?

i think they will still consider you for your other choices; unless all your choices fall under the linguistics area.. then that interview should cancel out all your choices

LouisLoh

Reaction score
****. how screwed am I? I applied today to NUS just to find out supporting documents must reach the office by 1 April. Opening hours of the office are only Mondays-Fridays. So essentially, my application can't be processed anymore? Anyone else caught in this predicament.

jameskoay

Reaction score
****. how screwed am I? I applied today to NUS just to find out supporting documents must reach the office by 1 April. Opening hours of the office are only Mondays-Fridays. So essentially, my application can't be processed anymore? Anyone else caught in this predicament.

i think its really too late because the only way is to deliver the documents personally to the office.. and that should have been done yesterday :(

LouisLoh

Reaction score
i think its really too late because the only way is to deliver the documents personally to the office.. and that should have been done yesterday :(

crap. super desperate now. anyone knows anyone from OAM so that he/she can just open the doors for me to drop my documents. lol.

Last edited:

LouisLoh

Reaction score
i don't know.. but seems that tomorrow is your last day to get the documents there.. try to find out if you can :/ if not you'll have to try next year

I do have a place in nus now. But I want to change my course. Is that possible post matriculation?

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do have a place in nus now. But I want to change my course. Is that possible post matriculation?

Yes. There will be a window to do so after your first semester, though Transfer Applicants generally require excellent results.

2cansam

Reaction score
I wonder why they need O lvl results.

They got to know some people (me) only wake up their idea when they got much older.

Secondary sch and ITE totally never study...ok I did 1 day before exams...have totally no interest in chem/physics in secondary sch.

After ite went to ns and finally "wake up" so study hard @ poly and got cgpa 3.51 nothing too impressive but definitely a big change to my attitude no longer last min study for major exams.

So IMO they should only take into account my latest education and not those that are like 10yrs back.

Anyway I still have not get any confirmation...cgpa 3.51 with CoM and O-lvl 20+ applying to ntu computer engineering/ information engineering and media/comp science

Also applied for smu and nus(from the post here I think no chance for me):s12:

they do not want to call up every potential poly students to test their English and A math as it results in a huge administrative task for them. So taking O level results is partly an indication of the prospective student's standards.

If you have screwed up in your O levels, then you have to score a near perfect gpa in poly to gain admission into local uni.

flyfox

Reaction score

i think it's still ok. Go and hand it to them personally tomorrow and just try to apologize to them...at least you try...
Even you hand to them by 1st April they also wont process your documents anyway...and i dont think there is delivery on 1st april.

LouisLoh

Reaction score
i think it's still ok. Go and hand it to them personally tomorrow and just try to apologize to them...at least you try...
Even you hand to them by 1st April they also wont process your documents anyway...and i dont think there is delivery on 1st april.

Hey thanks for all ur response. I managed to submit my papers. I tried to open the doors to no avail. And was already gonna board the bus to leave the place. Then this young mother came with a familiar looking white envelope. She was talking to two security guards and was eventually allowed in! So I just tailgated them. Lol. Yeap I thanked her in the end. What a relieve :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.