HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

Like Tree96Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #721

Am A level student and has yet to receive any reply from any of the unis.. I think i no hope liao haha even NIE doesnt want me

My friend who has got worse results than i have at least got informed by NIE that she'd been shortlisted for an interview which was already over a few days back. Sian diao :/

Anyone else got notified by NIE liao? But NIE supposedly mainly hands out notifications in May right? Arghhhh god the suspense!!! DX
iamdinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #722

oops sorry, forgot you are the director of admissions office in ntu, nus and smu.

He already stated he's applying through DA, who knows eh?
QFT.

No one should be condemned of any result until they receive the rejection letter. Even if they do, they still have chances of appealing. Such people are the reason why our dear elitist society continues to flourish.
ruixiang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #723
Master Member

QFT.

No one should be condemned of any result until they receive the rejection letter. Even if they do, they still have chances of appealing. Such people are the reason why our dear elitist society continues to flourish.
No one is condemning. People posting their choices and results to seek feedbacks on their chances. And we are just giving a realistic feedback. By your definition, ppl here should stop asking on what their chances are as they all stand an equal chance b4 the rejection letter reaches their doorstep. However, we all know that this is false. So pls dun give ppl false hope and suffer from great disappointment later.

In the event that they actually get into the course that they opted for, just congratulate them. Its better than giving them some false hope and they fail to get it in the end.

Last edited by MoxLotus; 20-04-2012 at 02:07 PM..
MoxLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #724

No one is condemning. People posting their choices and results to seek feedbacks on their chances. And we are just giving a realistic feedback. By your definition, ppl here should stop asking on what their chances are as they all stand an equal chance b4 the rejection letter reaches their doorstep. However, we all know that this is false. So pls dun give ppl false hope and suffer from great disappointment later.

In the event that they actually get into the course that they opted for, just congratulate them. Its better than giving them some false hope and they fail to get it in the end.
what is false hope? I know of people who missed the 10th percentile by 0.3+ gpa and still got in through appeals. I'm convinced that university admissions are not efficiently done.

When someone say realistic feedbacks, can I assume that by realistic, your feedback is a at least 97% perfect reflection of the actual admission? Even staff working there are not able to give me clear answers on how a 2.8 gpa student got into a course which had a 3.1 gpa requirement. A 3.7+ gpa student who failed to get in in their first attempt for ntu accountancy got in while applying the second time in NS. So can you please explain realistic feedback? U must understand that IGP should not be relied upon for people who miss the COPs.

I totally understand where u are coming from. You don't want to let them stubbornly continue their pursue for something which may be far fetched to them. But then again, have you ever wondered that 10 years down the road when they start hearing stories abt similar results getting in and yet they just gave up, they will be regretting it. I would rather tell them to just apply and try and be rejected by official letters than regret 10 years later.

Last edited by ruixiang92; 20-04-2012 at 02:32 PM..
ruixiang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #725
Master Member

GPA when application was sent : 3.88 (5 Sem)
L1R4 : 10
Final GPA : 3.91 (Still yet to send in final results)

Bizad was my 3rd choice. 1st and 2nd choices were Law and Bizad(Accountancy) respectively.

Don't know whether to accept or reapply next year. Would really love to pursue law but I know chances are extremely slim. See how it goes. Haha.
Thanks, this is helpful. Bizad(Accountancy) must be incredibly competitive this year.

Anyway, I recommend you accept and reapply next year.
Nicholas92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #726

Thanks, this is helpful. Bizad(Accountancy) must be incredibly competitive this year.

Yeah only 172 places were given out last year. Super competitive even though it is a relatively new course.

Mind sharing your choices and offers?
beaumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #727

=.=
I gpa 3.88 (No a maths) rejected from both NUS accountancy as well as NUS business.

2nd time applying lei
silentears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #728

=.=
I gpa 3.88 (No a maths) rejected from both NUS accountancy as well as NUS business.

2nd time applying lei
are you from a business course in poly?
jameskoay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #729

are you from a business course in poly?
No, was from biotechnology
Old 20-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #730

No, was from biotechnology
ah.. thats quite a good score for biotechnology.. i wasted 1 year in poly because of that course ^^
Old 20-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #731

ah.. thats quite a good score for biotechnology.. i wasted 1 year in poly because of that course ^^
but 1 year is well spent for u what?

since u changed course, and thus made it to nus biz.

I was thinking about changing course when i was in year 1, but in the end i did not cause i though that for accountancy/biz degrees in uni, all sorts of diploma could be used to apply lah.

However i was too naive, it is harder to transfer course from a non related diploma.

Furthermore my diploma is also not very quantitative as compared to engineering diploma, (from my observation is that even though if u got no A maths but u are from engineering diploma with high gpa--> still can make the switch)

Hence for NUS they rejected me and gave me life science, (was rejected from pharmacy as well)

NTU and SMU i went for the interview but also no news yet, seems hopeless for me already
Old 20-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #732

but 1 year is well spent for u what?

since u changed course, and thus made it to nus biz.

I was thinking about changing course when i was in year 1, but in the end i did not cause i though that for accountancy/biz degrees in uni, all sorts of diploma could be used to apply lah.

However i was too naive, it is harder to transfer course from a non related diploma.

Furthermore my diploma is also not very quantitative as compared to engineering diploma, (from my observation is that even though if u got no A maths but u are from engineering diploma with high gpa--> still can make the switch)

Hence for NUS they rejected me and gave me life science, (was rejected from pharmacy as well)

NTU and SMU i went for the interview but also no news yet, seems hopeless for me already
you could say that yeah i agree with the no A math part.. and since i was from business without A math.. probably that was one of the factors they allowed me in. well since you got an interview with NTU and SMU.. chances are good.. cause none of my friends who went for the test/interview got their replies yet. you have a preference for NUS? i didn't go for the NTU math test because i know i'll probably fail :p
Old 20-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #733

you could say that yeah i agree with the no A math part.. and since i was from business without A math.. probably that was one of the factors they allowed me in. well since you got an interview with NTU and SMU.. chances are good.. cause none of my friends who went for the test/interview got their replies yet. you have a preference for NUS? i didn't go for the NTU math test because i know i'll probably fail :p
Yea i went for both ntu and smu interview too. for like a month already... still no reply starting to lose hope
Votre Altesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #734
Supremacy Member

I have a question here:

If my friend got into NIE, and wish to changed to NTU EEE, what are the procedures that she need to do to change course/school for eg?
Old 20-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #735

Hey guys I have another question apart from the one that i posted in the other thread. I currently have a GPA of 3.658 from SP's school of business. This are the sequence of my choices:

NUS:
1)Biz Ad
2)Project Facilities Management
3)Real Estate
4)FASS

NTU:
1)BIZ AD
2)ECONOMICS
3)COMMUNICATION STUDIES
4)SOCIOLOGY

SMU:
1)BIZ AD
2)ECONOMICS
3)SOCIAL SCIENCES.

I know that biz ad i have a low chance of getting in but for the other courses there might be a higher chance or even 50-50. What i wanna ask is that would the sequence of which i place the choices affect them accepting me? Like would they think i'm not interested in Economics hence i put it as a second choice thus they wouldn't consider me heavily for it.

Secondly for CCA records do i have to mail the cca records in? Or the school would automatically check my CCA records. Thanks for the help (:
khozh_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.