www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

atomicmonkeys 19-04-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concerned? (Post 75612888)
Care to share your grade profile?

5 sem gpa of 3.7215 from np molecular biotech. youre a poly applicant too?

Concerned? 19-04-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicmonkeys (Post 75615230)
5 sem gpa of 3.7215 from np molecular biotech. youre a poly applicant too?

Yea, but from a non relevant diploma

gbhero 19-04-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo9883 (Post 75610440)
Well, either way if you managed to get a spot in local u I dont think the extra year will matter much unless you are in a rush. For private candidates, you can get the full refund for alevels if you submit the letter of acceptance from any uni to MOE by 30 June (link). Not sure it works the same for school candidates who retake though.

I don't think school candi got full refund. Yea actually I'm indeed in a rush. My aspiration does not lie in SG and now I m in this situation (NS worsens this)... My reason for getting into uni is to at least get a degree as a 'backup' plan and as a fact that my parents believe that a degree is everything.

Umikoxz 19-04-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10e5x@1610 (Post 75613667)
Just to help others who is still waiting. This morning got a message from NUS. Offered NUS IS. Offered NTU CS 4 weeks ago.

Hey. mind asking what's ur gpa that you apply with for NUS IS? :s11:

Monochrome_ 19-04-2013 03:47 PM

Finished interview for NTU soci..

skyultimecia 19-04-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monochrome_ (Post 75617809)
Finished interview for NTU soci..

was it a NAA interview? or do all soci applicants have to go through an interview first?

atomicmonkeys 19-04-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concerned? (Post 75615540)
Yea, but from a non relevant diploma

are you from any one of these diplomas? Entry Requirements* i think only these diplomas are able to apply for the course

Concerned? 19-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicmonkeys (Post 75618173)
are you from any one of these diplomas? Entry Requirements* i think only these diplomas are able to apply for the course

Nope D: I graduate with a diploma with merit, but I applied using my 5 sem result, wonder how the application goes

TKR1992 19-04-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concerned? (Post 75618387)
Nope D: I graduate with a diploma with merit, but I applied using my 5 sem result, wonder how the application goes

Unfortunately, this is a slight flaw.

I have several friends in this situation. Even if you inform the Admission Office of your merit as soon as possible, it would still be too late.

You will most likely be initially rejected, but you can still appeal.

My friends who appealed didn't make it, but they re-applied in the next year with the same academic results and got in. :)

Concerned? 19-04-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKR1992 (Post 75618588)
Unfortunately, this is a slight flaw.

I have several friends in this situation. Even if you inform the Admission Office of your merit as soon as possible, it would still be too late.

You will most likely be initially rejected, but you can still appeal.

My friends who appealed didn't make it, but they re-applied in the next year with the same academic results and got in. :)

I guess it's another year of waiting I suppose, unless I got accepted after the appeal

atomicmonkeys 19-04-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concerned? (Post 75618762)
I guess it's another year of waiting I suppose, unless I got accepted after the appeal

you can try to email the dean of the school of biological sciences about the diploma with merit during your appeal to raise the issue. I think you should have no problem in getting a successful appeal.

Concerned? 19-04-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicmonkeys (Post 75618834)
you can try to email the dean of the school of biological sciences about the diploma with merit during your appeal to raise the issue. I think you should have no problem in getting a successful appeal.

Alright, but I have no idea what am I supposed to do for an appeal

Monochrome_ 19-04-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyultimecia (Post 75618028)
was it a NAA interview? or do all soci applicants have to go through an interview first?

what a NAA interview?

i think so, interview and written test

atomicmonkeys 19-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concerned? (Post 75618901)
Alright, but I have no idea what am I supposed to do for an appeal

same too. all i know is it starts from 15 may. i think there will be a portal to appeal.

Josephication 19-04-2013 05:48 PM

Hi guys. Just received offer from SMU for business management.

Went for interview on 2 April. Do check your JAP. =)


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.