www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

Monochrome_ 07-05-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76095562)
Woah when u receuve letter?? Have email?? Haha

nope, actual letter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umikoxz (Post 76095686)
Ohh. Means you apply nus IS with the gpa of 3.62? :) I think FASS this year's cop quite high.

nope.. my first 5 sem results was 3.56 only lol

lovesheep1234 07-05-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crushedshards (Post 76078684)
mine is on 11 may too!! ohh really?! I signed up for it already! :/

Woah same day ah haha! Maybe I shall go as well haha XD

zihao90 07-05-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipperss (Post 76095468)
I went down to nus admission office to ask about the slow and laggy reply and the lady just told me to wait and said this 2 weeks there will be a lot of offers. and 23 may is the start of the appeal.

Can go ntu ask same question again or not?:D
hahaha just kidding..
thanks for the info..
then we just wait for nus this 2 weeks..(of course i waiting ntu too)

lovesheep1234 08-05-2013 12:32 AM

HELLO. Just wanna ask about the focus on class participation in Chemistry and biological chemistry in NTU as well as for Information Systems in NUS. Do we have to do like one presentation per module? And in front of a group of students in a lecture theatre? I'm pretty worried mannn! LOL :/

ChocolateCat 08-05-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76099042)
HELLO. Just wanna ask about the focus on class participation in Chemistry and biological chemistry in NTU as well as for Information Systems in NUS. Do we have to do like one presentation per module? And in front of a group of students in a lecture theatre? I'm pretty worried mannn! LOL :/

Not sure about those courses in particular, but that is generally true.

Which course were you from ? Should be the same as your poly days. Almost every module has project. And almost every project has at least one (usually more) presentation component. But usually only present to your tutorial class, not to the whole cohort.

LoveHemo 08-05-2013 08:05 AM

Hi guys, I got offered my last choice which isn't my desired course and I wish to appeal. If the appeal is sucessful, does that mean im automatically accepted into the course? Or it just mean im being offered another course and I still get to choose?

maryamisme 08-05-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonrawks (Post 76092684)
Hi,

Anyone here going for the NUS IS Luncheon on the 18th? :D

Hi! I'm thinking of going, but is it really worth it to go? :s11:

gbhero 08-05-2013 09:34 AM

NTU hasn't even replied my email. Damn

Nicholas92 08-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveHemo (Post 76101543)
Hi guys, I got offered my last choice which isn't my desired course and I wish to appeal. If the appeal is sucessful, does that mean im automatically accepted into the course? Or it just mean im being offered another course and I still get to choose?

No, you don't get to choose.

Once your appeal is successful, you will lose your original offer.

i.e You're not holding to NTU - Course A. If you appeal for NTU - Course B, and are successful, you will lose Course A.

han.allanchan 08-05-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76103039)

I emailed them too but no reply also :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckygallkl (Post 76087555)
argh i am so sick of waiting when everyone around me has got their offers already. I have no offers from all the 3 unis.
Could i know if anyone has been called up for nus fass da interview? I placed fass,real estate as my first and second choice respectively but have yet to hear of any news. Do all DA need to undergo an interview ? If yes,does that mean that i don't stand a chance anymore? Any advice ? Thanks.

Btw i didn't do very well for alevels BBE/A BBB.

Ikr, all these waiting...

oh but hey there don't lose hope! i have a friend who got BBC/C DA with no A level MTL who applied for FASS and real estate as well, in the same order. She was called up for NUS real Estate DA's interview, so im sure your results is fine for what you have applied for!

btw, are you a Singaporean or foreigner?

Icetray 08-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76103039)

Email no use one. It's better for you to call them and ask them to check for you on the spot.

Most of the time when I email NTU about academic stuff, I end up having to send my email twice before I get a reply.

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 09:58 AM

Hi!

I heard that for those who have already been offered a place, their latest acceptance date is 2 June right. Then what if some people last minute then accept then what happens to those people who are waiting to be offered a place? :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugZie (Post 76072558)
I received offer from NTU Chinese on 29th April. I did not do really well for my H2 subjects though. How's your result? I did not hear about its tea session.

Congrats!:D

Hmm i got ABC/A, GP D, Pw A. but im not a local so my chances are slim i guess? haish..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENCIL93 (Post 76074262)
Hey Augzie, I got my chinese offer ytd too (;

Elin, my grades were not really good either so don't give up hope there's still time (: and nope no tea session I think.

Congrats to you too!

haven been sleeping well these few days, the anxiety is really..haish!

anyways, how did you get the offer? as in through letter, sms or email?

Havok_ex 08-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103660)
Hi!

I heard that for those who have already been offered a place, their latest acceptance date is 2 June right. Then what if some people last minute then accept then what happens to those people who are waiting to be offered a place? :(

Usually those places would go to whoever appeals for the course after everybody is rejected.