www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

han.allanchan 08-05-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76103039)
NTU hasn't even replied my email. Damn

I emailed them too but no reply also :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckygallkl (Post 76087555)
argh i am so sick of waiting when everyone around me has got their offers already. I have no offers from all the 3 unis.
Could i know if anyone has been called up for nus fass da interview? I placed fass,real estate as my first and second choice respectively but have yet to hear of any news. Do all DA need to undergo an interview ? If yes,does that mean that i don't stand a chance anymore? Any advice ? Thanks.

Btw i didn't do very well for alevels BBE/A BBB.

Ikr, all these waiting...

oh but hey there don't lose hope! i have a friend who got BBC/C DA with no A level MTL who applied for FASS and real estate as well, in the same order. She was called up for NUS real Estate DA's interview, so im sure your results is fine for what you have applied for!

btw, are you a Singaporean or foreigner?

Icetray 08-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76103039)
NTU hasn't even replied my email. Damn

Email no use one. It's better for you to call them and ask them to check for you on the spot.

Most of the time when I email NTU about academic stuff, I end up having to send my email twice before I get a reply.

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 09:58 AM

Hi!

I heard that for those who have already been offered a place, their latest acceptance date is 2 June right. Then what if some people last minute then accept then what happens to those people who are waiting to be offered a place? :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugZie (Post 76072558)
I received offer from NTU Chinese on 29th April. I did not do really well for my H2 subjects though. How's your result? I did not hear about its tea session.

Congrats!:D

Hmm i got ABC/A, GP D, Pw A. but im not a local so my chances are slim i guess? haish..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENCIL93 (Post 76074262)
Hey Augzie, I got my chinese offer ytd too (;

Elin, my grades were not really good either so don't give up hope there's still time (: and nope no tea session I think.

Congrats to you too!

haven been sleeping well these few days, the anxiety is really..haish!

anyways, how did you get the offer? as in through letter, sms or email?

Havok_ex 08-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103660)
Hi!

I heard that for those who have already been offered a place, their latest acceptance date is 2 June right. Then what if some people last minute then accept then what happens to those people who are waiting to be offered a place? :(

Usually those places would go to whoever appeals for the course after everybody is rejected.

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elinselin (Post 76103461)
Ikr, all these waiting...

oh but hey there don't lose hope! i have a friend who got BBC/C DA with no A level MTL who applied for FASS and real estate as well, in the same order. She was called up for NUS real Estate DA's interview, so im sure your results is fine for what you have applied for!

btw, are you a Singaporean or foreigner?

Hey, may I know if your friend has really good outstanding non-academic achievements to be considered for DA?
Because I only received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs up the portal to support my DA (but the email came so late) so I am not sure what constitutes outstanding enough to be called up for an interview...

Icetray 08-05-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103660)
Hi!

Usually there will be a bunch of people who won't receive their rejection letters while many others have. These people are usually those on the waitlist and will slowly be allocated spots as people free them up for them. :)

Otherwise it'll go to people during the appeal phase.

gbhero 08-05-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76103514)
Email no use one. It's better for you to call them and ask them to check for you on the spot.

Most of the time when I email NTU about academic stuff, I end up having to send my email twice before I get a reply.

Ah... But I'm in school now so probably have to call up later in the afternoon :/ damn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by han.allanchan (Post 76103181)
I emailed them too but no reply also :(

Yea.. I emailed them yesterday around 2pm. You?

Icetray 08-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76103810)
Ah... But I'm in school now so probably have to call up later in the afternoon :/ damn.

Yea.. I emailed them yesterday around 2pm. You?

In school as in at NTU? Why don't you just walk over to the admin office and speak to them personally? They really can't ignore you if you're right there. =P

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76103782)
Usually there will be a bunch of people who won't receive their rejection letters while many others have. These people are usually those on the waitlist and will slowly be allocated spots as people free them up for them. :)

Otherwise it'll go to people during the appeal phase.

I see. Thanks for your reply! I haven't receive anything from any universities, not even a rejection letter. Except yesterday I received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs to the portal for Discretionary Admission only (but whether I will be called up for an interview and given a chance I also don't know). Does that mean I am probably on waiting list? Since it is already 8 May.

Icetray 08-05-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103869)
I see. Thanks for your reply! I haven't receive anything from any universities, not even a rejection letter. Except yesterday I received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs to the portal for Discretionary Admission only (but whether I will be called up for an interview and given a chance I also don't know). Does that mean I am probably on waiting list? Since it is already 8 May.

Most likely you are. :) Sounds like a very good sign that they're asking for your supporting documents though. :)

gbhero 08-05-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76103838)
In school as in at NTU? Why don't you just walk over to the admin office and speak to them personally? They really can't ignore you if you're right there. =P

No as in my JC. Haha. I wish I was at NTU now too :(

elinselin 08-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76103750)
Hey, may I know if your friend has really good outstanding non-academic achievements to be considered for DA?
Because I only received an email from NTU asking me to upload supporting docs up the portal to support my DA (but the email came so late) so I am not sure what constitutes outstanding enough to be called up for an interview...

Actually not really outstanding because she didnt join many things...
but she's not in sg now so i couldnt ask her :/

Do you have any experience in representing the school for competitions?
or published anything / won writing competition since you are applying for english lit..

KylieeeRauhl 08-05-2013 10:15 AM

Omg sigh is anyone's NUS application status still stuck at ''Application received''??? Mine has been there since like 25march. Its not even processed yet when its already 8may :( Will they reject me without processing my application?