www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

lohzqq 08-05-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael2012 (Post 76105250)
I don't really get this point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only enroll in SQP if you're working in an ATO (mid-tier firms and up, in most cases).

So, when you graduate, you won't be competing for entry level positions with SQP certified candidates. You'll be competing with fresh graduates hoping to get into ATO so they can enroll into the SQP.

Unless you're talking about AFTER that, in which case, whoops! :o

Haha I guess you're right but either way we will still need to prepare ourselves for the influx of peeps with sqp and a non related degree. :)

Umikoxz 08-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesheep1234 (Post 76099042)
HELLO. Just wanna ask about the focus on class participation in Chemistry and biological chemistry in NTU as well as for Information Systems in NUS. Do we have to do like one presentation per module? And in front of a group of students in a lecture theatre? I'm pretty worried mannn! LOL :/

Hi. you were from jc or poly? Mind asking what's ur grade profile? :)

gbhero 08-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76108136)
Gbhero, what's your grades like?

ACC/E UB. Very bad.

missblueblue 08-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76108229)
ACC/E UB. Very bad.

I have friends who failed GP But still got into ntu. So, don't worry too much. I think you still stand a chance based on your A. For me, it's quite hard man. Fingers crossed. Haha.

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76108073)
Haha. At least They asked you to upload documents for consideration. They didn't even ask me to upload anything which is even worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76107987)
Haha. Congrats. :) mine was rather bad. CCD/DDC I think its gonna be quite hard arh. Haha.

Hmm, did you initially applied for DA back in March? Cos' I did. Which course did you apply for?
Anyway my grades also around the same as you. CDD/C AA ._.
No idea what to expect. Haha. I hope those who are holding on to 3 uni offers make their decisions soon!

Lostzw 08-05-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76107987)
Haha. Congrats. :) mine was rather bad. CCD/DDC I think its gonna be quite hard arh. Haha.

Hey dont lose hope anyways. I know of someone with around that grades got into NTU mechanical engnieering already :)

missblueblue 08-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76108411)
Hmm, did you initially applied for DA back in March? Cos' I did. Which course did you apply for?
Anyway my grades also around the same as you. CDD/C AA ._.
No idea what to expect. Haha. I hope those who are holding on to 3 uni offers make their decisions soon!

Haha, yes for ntu. engineering courses and applied physics for ntu.

Nus moslty engineering courses, science, projects & facilities management and fass. Haha.

All the best to you man! :) Everyday is damn scary, not knowing what to expect. Tell me when you know good/bad news so that I can brace myself man. Haha!

missblueblue 08-05-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostzw (Post 76108473)
Hey dont lose hope anyways. I know of someone with around that grades got into NTU mechanical engnieering already :)

Haha, thanks man! Really appreciate that coming from you. :) But They have alrdy received offers and I have not received anything yet which is kind of worrying man. :(

How do you know If you were accepted? joint acceptance portal? Do They email you?

Icetray 08-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76108612)
Haha, thanks man! Really appreciate that coming from you. :) But They have alrdy received offers and I have not received anything yet which is kind of worrying man. :(

How do you know If you were accepted? joint acceptance portal? Do They email you?

If it helps, I know someone with Cs and Ds who got accepted into NTU chem just two days ago. :)

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76108559)
Haha, yes for ntu. engineering courses and applied physics for ntu.

Nus moslty engineering courses, science, projects & facilities management and fass. Haha.

All the best to you man! :) Everyday is damn scary, not knowing what to expect. Tell me when you know good/bad news so that I can brace myself man. Haha!

Hey! Then I think you should have a chance to get in. I have a friend who scored CCC/CDB already accepted into one of the engineering courses. Don't fret over it too much, let me know once you have received your letter :)

Good luck!

And you can also try to log into the Joint Acceptance Portal to check. My friend told me if you are accepted, Tea session (usually they'll call you to let you know) comes first (but this depends on the course whether they have tea sessions), then the Joint Acceptance Portal and mail is last.

missblueblue 08-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetray (Post 76108649)
If it helps, I know someone with Cs and Ds who got accepted into NTU chem just two days ago. :)

Haha, serious? Thanks, icetray. That definitely encouraged me But I don't dare to keep my hopes up. Haha. But appreciate it. Thanks man! :D

I kept checking the joint acceptance portal But still unable to log in. So, I'm kind of worried. :/ Haha.

MIO_XIAO 08-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBestOrNothing (Post 75816346)
Any NUS Project and Facilities Management senior here?

hi, I also received offer from NUS PFM. Have u decided to go or still considering?

whitebunnies 08-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIO_XIAO (Post 76108786)
hi, I also received offer from NUS PFM. Have u decided to go or still considering?

Hi, may I know your grades? That's my 2nd choice in NUS. thanks :)

missblueblue 08-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76108751)
Hey! Then I think you should have a chance to get in. I have a friend who scored CCC/CDB already accepted into one of the engineering courses. Don't fret over it too much, let me know once you have received your letter :)

Good luck!

And you can also try to log into the Joint Acceptance Portal to check. My friend told me if you are accepted, Tea session (usually they'll call you to let you know) comes first (but this depends on the course whether they have tea sessions), then the Joint Acceptance Portal and mail is last.

Haha, not exactly. Cos your friend's grades are way better than mine. Haha. I checked the JAP But still unable to log in. :(
Haha, thank you though. :) you too. Let me know If you have good news. All the best! :)

Icetray 08-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missblueblue (Post 76108771)
Haha, serious? Thanks, icetray. That definitely encouraged me But I don't dare to keep my hopes up. Haha. But appreciate it. Thanks man! :D

I kept checking the joint acceptance portal But still unable to log in. So, I'm kind of worried. :/ Haha.

It's done in batches so don't worry! Your batch is probably coming soon. :) Actually I have a lot more people with such grades who have gotten in (every year many many many people PM me asking for help). If you really want me to boost your confidence a bit feel free to PM me hahahaha.

All the best! Look forward to seeing you in NTU real soon!