www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 10:30 AM

Hi! Anyone knows whether it is too late to be considered for NAA for NTU? Because I only received an email asking me to upload supporting docs up the portal 2 days ago only and I did so immediately. But now still no news. Nothing on the portal too! T_T

Xiaomalu 09-05-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphHSX (Post 76127612)
Thanks, Havok. Great advice from you. Maybe I should just get into SIM, then apply for a post grad at NUS next time. But I have to score very well in order to get into NUS next time too right? Any idea how well I must do?

Sorry for asking too many questions... Suddenly I feel my world turned black and white........ :(

Frankly speaking, from UniSIM to NUS/NTU post grad is super duper difficult/ chances are low unless you really score super*5 well. NUS/NTU not even allow SIM Diploma to apply for undergraduate.

What i suggest you to do is appeal for whatever university that had rejected you, spam all certificates and testimonials.
If appealed unsuccessful, go to work (gain experience first). Meanwhile apply for local U intake again.

I personally not encourage people simply to go SIM because couldn't make it to local U. You will face a common question (why you don't want choose NUS/NTU/SMU) during your future interview. Another point is if you are graduated from SIM without any work experience, you are hardly compete with Local U graduates to secure a job or expect a higher starting pay. As all of us know the perception about SIM in this society is always there.

After you work for 1-2 years, then go SIM for university studies to upgrade yourself. By the time, you are not because you couldn't make it to Local U then go SIM. *If you know what i mean.

KylieeeRauhl 09-05-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76132027)
I got accepted by NTU computer science.

Congrats! haha what were ur grades like though? :)

gbhero 09-05-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76132883)
Congrats! haha what were ur grades like though? :)

ACC/E U BB

UAS 65.25 from bonus of MT.

Thank you!!

KylieeeRauhl 09-05-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistyskies (Post 76112797)
Do you think SMU is not giving me a reply because I haven't uploaded my personal photo? Haha

I doubt so haha cuz i didnt upload but they still replied me, but i got rejected :( hahaha

KylieeeRauhl 09-05-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76133045)
ACC/E U BB

UAS 65.25 from bonus of MT.

Hahaha wow, ur the first case of 65rp I've seen getting accepted :) my UAS is 62.5 but the courses i applied for are pretty hard to enter, so i doubt i'll get accepted :( but i had Olevel Higher MT and Normal MT so idk if they would include it inside my UAS haha

BreadedFish 09-05-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76132628)
Hi! Anyone knows whether it is too late to be considered for NAA for NTU? Because I only received an email asking me to upload supporting docs up the portal 2 days ago only and I did so immediately. But now still no news. Nothing on the portal too! T_T

I am not really sure though. Did you managed to call or check with NTU about which degree course is the NAA scheme for? I have submitted my NAA documents last week also haha.

gbhero 09-05-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76133123)
Hahaha wow, ur the first case of 65rp I've seen getting accepted :) my UAS is 62.5 but the courses i applied for are pretty hard to enter, so i doubt i'll get accepted :( but i had Olevel Higher MT and Normal MT so idk if they would include it inside my UAS haha

Hmm! I'm not sure about that but I think this year cut off probably dropped. If not it could be due to my appraisals and all that? Come to think of it, my DA stuff probably doesn't need any interview!

If you wanna know if you MT can help you havta add in the rank points to 100 then divide back to upon 90. If you get B it would definitely increase for our case!

Anyway, what course you applied? Thank you too!!

krystelleva 09-05-2013 10:58 AM

Finally got an offer from NTU!! I was actually rejected by ntu for its double degree program, acct and business. Then I appealed for accountancy only, and they accepted me. Oh well, I guess I wasn`t able to convince them to let me get into DDP during the phone interview. :s22:

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadedFish (Post 76133145)
I am not really sure though. Did you managed to call or check with NTU about which degree course is the NAA scheme for? I have submitted my NAA documents last week also haha.

Hey hi, I just realised that you’re always the one who answer me hahaha. Hmm, I did not. Should I call to ask them? Anyway, did you call them to ask which course your NAA is for? :)
Thanks!

haras_rah 09-05-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystelleva (Post 76133221)
Finally got an offer from NTU!! I was actually rejected by ntu for its double degree program, acct and business. Then I appealed for accountancy only, and they accepted me. Oh well, I guess I wasn`t able to convince them to let me get into DDP during the phone interview. :s22:

Hi, I thought the appeal period has not started?

BreadedFish 09-05-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76133289)
Hey hi, I just realised that you’re always the one who answer me hahaha. Hmm, I did not. Should I call to ask them? Anyway, did you call them to ask which course your NAA is for? :)
Thanks!

Hahaha. It's better to ask as NAA is for a specific course if Im not wrong. My NAA interview was for Economics though.

pirouettingpompom 09-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76132628)

Hey, can I ask what kind of supporting documents that you have sent in?
Did you include your testimonials?

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadedFish (Post 76133402)
Hahaha. It's better to ask as NAA is for a specific course if Im not wrong. My NAA interview was for Economics though.

I see, you called them to ask specifically which course you’re considered for is it? Or it was stated in the email they sent you last week asking you to upload the relevant docs to support your NAA? My email was super generic and did not state which course it is for.

krystelleva 09-05-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haras_rah (Post 76133380)
Hi, I thought the appeal period has not started?

not sure about that, but they sent me an email to ask me to appeal before 7th of may. I then received their acceptance email yesterday. :s12: