www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

BreadedFish 09-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76133614)
Oh! Hmm okay, so they called you quite soon after you uploaded the supporting docs is it? Sorry for asking so many questions!

Nope haha. I went for an interview for NAA on 17 April. They requested the documents for verfication around 28 May. No worries haha

pirouettingpompom 09-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76133586)
I sent in photos of my medals, trophies, certificates of CCA commendations etc and also testimonials from JC, secondary school and my current work place’s employer’s letter.
Why?

I see. Thanks! No, I was just wondering what else I could scan in because my NAA do not include trophies or medals. Anyway, I thought the email told us specifically not to include certificates? :O

Lostzw 09-05-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76132027)
I got accepted by NTU computer science.

Congrats, and are u still going to proceed with the retake in your school or enlist to bmt? Just curious :)

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirouettingpompom (Post 76133672)
I see. Thanks! No, I was just wondering what else I could scan in because my NAA do not include trophies or medals. Anyway, I thought the email told us specifically not to include certificates? :O

I think they meant academic/ results certificates, but mine are not. Mine is related to what I stated under the NAA scheme :)

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadedFish (Post 76133670)
Nope haha. I went for an interview for NAA on 17 April. They requested the documents for verfication around 28 May. No worries haha

Oh! So it's like you went for the interview first then they ask you to upload the docs? You meant 28 April right? LOL. Mine never ask me go any interview leh, just suddenly ask me to upload documents. Okay, later I will call and ask them which course is my NAA for, but I think its NTU English because that's my first choice and i only included 2 choices in my application for NTU (i know right, i really regret not putting more choices, I don't know what I was thinking back then)

BreadedFish 09-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76133822)
Oh! So it's like you went for the interview first then they ask you to upload the docs? You meant 28 April right? LOL. Mine never ask me go any interview leh, just suddenly ask me to upload documents. Okay, later I will call and ask them which course is my NAA for, but I think its NTU English because that's my first choice and i only included 2 choices in my application for NTU (i know right, i really regret not putting more choices, I don't know what I was thinking back then)

Yeap. I went for interview first haha. Oops 28 April (big typo).

As from what I know for NAA scheme into NTU English, there is an english test+interview. (quote from past posts for NAA interview for NTU English)

Hope you will enter the course you wanted :D

pirouettingpompom 09-05-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebunnies (Post 76133771)
I think they meant academic/ results certificates, but mine are not. Mine is related to what I stated under the NAA scheme :)

OHHHH... Okay, thank you so much!
By the way, if it helps, I was asked to go for my interview ( they didn't mention it was for NAA, I only knew it was for NAA after the admissions lady replied my email telling me that it was indeed) on tuesday and received the email to upload my docs on the same day.
The interview was held yesterday.

haras_rah 09-05-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystelleva (Post 76133527)
not sure about that, but they sent me an email to ask me to appeal before 7th of may. I then received their acceptance email yesterday. :s12:

You mean the admission office emailed you? or the faculty itself emailed you?

KylieeeRauhl 09-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76133217)
Hmm! I'm not sure about that but I think this year cut off probably dropped. If not it could be due to my appraisals and all that? Come to think of it, my DA stuff probably doesn't need any interview!

If you wanna know if you MT can help you havta add in the rank points to 100 then divide back to upon 90. If you get B it would definitely increase for our case!

Anyway, what course you applied? Thank you too!!

Haha but my MT is from Olevels so im not sure how many points is that :/ i got a b4 for my higher chinese.
i applied for Psychology/Sociology/Economics/Sports science/English, from 1st to last choice. haha these r pretty tough courses to enter, esp the first 3.

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirouettingpompom (Post 76133960)
OHHHH... Okay, thank you so much!
By the way, if it helps, I was asked to go for my interview ( they didn't mention it was for NAA, I only knew it was for NAA after the admissions lady replied my email telling me that it was indeed) on tuesday and received the email to upload my docs on the same day.
The interview was held yesterday.

You NAA for Linguistics? Okay, thanks! I shall reply to that email asking them which it is for. Thank you!

gbhero 09-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostzw (Post 76133736)
Congrats, and are u still going to proceed with the retake in your school or enlist to bmt? Just curious :)

Thank you! Erm. Enlist! Hahahahahah. Wanted to start seriously studying after this week but this came at the right time! :)

Monochrome_ 09-05-2013 11:38 AM

rejected by smu liao.... time to prepare appeal letter

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadedFish (Post 76133957)
Yeap. I went for interview first haha. Oops 28 April (big typo).

As from what I know for NAA scheme into NTU English, there is an english test+interview. (quote from past posts for NAA interview for NTU English)

Hope you will enter the course you wanted :D

Okay, then is it strange that I got that email before I even went for the interview? I know there is an english test and also an interview... OMG i am like dying now.

facingtruth 09-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monochrome_ (Post 76134141)

What did u apply for? Went for any interview?

whitebunnies 09-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monochrome_ (Post 76134141)

Hello, did they call you or you checked the SMU e-portal? Sorry to ask you this but may I know which course you applied for and UAS score? My SMU e-portal still tells me that my application is processing lol. and neither have i heard from any other unis so it is quite worrying.