www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

gbhero 15-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zihao90 (Post 76285557)
NTU just reply me..
We are in the midst of processing your application. You will receive your outcome letter by post in due course.
Hope the above clarifies and we wish you all the best in your application!
Good or bad news har?

Sounds like good news to me. Somewhat similar to the reply I got before I get an offer. They sound positive but yet keeping the ambiguity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YQianPing (Post 76284701)
Hello, i've got a doubt.
if i accepted ntu computer science and i want to appeal for ntu accountancy, will i still be able to keep my ntu computer science?

I believe only if your appeal is successful, or else you are still in CS

Uniadm2011 (Waiting) 15-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76284912)
Just checked the portal for NUS, and I got rejected :'( pinning all my hopes on NTU but I'll most probably get rejected too....:( but can anyone advice me about SIM? I've also applied for SIM, but I'm skeptical about it cuz everyone is critical about it :(

Hi KylieeRauhl, don't give up yet and try to appeal. Btw you are a girl right? What courses did you apply for in NUS?

I was rejected from NUS,NTU and SMU from 2011 and 2012 although I got 2 interviews before from SMU and NUS.

This year I got offered an course in NTU but don't think I really have passion in that course and maybe I will take up SIM course instead.

Although there are a lot of people that always have this mindset that the Local Uni's is better than SIM, I believe that if you do well in the course, you still can even earn much more than the Local Uni degree Holders and be successful as well.

GLTOME 15-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstt (Post 76285432)
Anyone from poly accepted into smu biz?

from poly , went SMU biz interview on 3rd April, still no news too!

han.allanchan 15-05-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zihao90 (Post 76285557)
NTU just reply me..
We are in the midst of processing your application. You will receive your outcome letter by post in due course.
Hope the above clarifies and we wish you all the best in your application!
Good or bad news har?

when u emailed them?? i think good news is on the way for u :) . Dun give up ..

zihao90 15-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76285661)
Sounds like good news to me. Somewhat similar to the reply I got before I get an offer. They sound positive but yet keeping the ambiguity.

Actually i am asking can appeal or not since the appeal period was started..
They jump over my question leh..
Hope is good news then mean i no need appeal la..:s13:

firstt 15-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLTOME (Post 76285760)
from poly , went SMU biz interview on 3rd April, still no news too!

Yeah, this wait is horrible. I went on 13 April and also no news yet. I wonder when they will finally start sending letters to us.

KylieeeRauhl 15-05-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uniadm2011 (Waiting) (Post 76285670)
Hi KylieeRauhl, don't give up yet and try to appeal. Btw you are a girl right? What courses did you apply for in NUS?

I was rejected from NUS,NTU and SMU from 2011 and 2012 although I got 2 interviews before from SMU and NUS.

This year I got offered an course in NTU but don't think I really have passion in that course and maybe I will take up SIM course instead.

Although there are a lot of people that always have this mindset that the Local Uni's is better than SIM, I believe that if you do well in the course, you still can even earn much more than the Local Uni degree Holders and be successful as well.

Yes I'm a girl. I applied for FASS/Project & facilities management/real estate/biz analytics/biz admin/science/comp engineering/environmental studies. In order from 1st to last choice :(
Actually with my grades, non of the local uni is gna accept me into psychology, the course I wanna study, and I know that in the end I will still go to SIM to pursue psych. But nonetheless, getting a rejection letter is still saddening :( but thanks for the encouragement :')

Uniadm2011 (Waiting) 15-05-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieeeRauhl (Post 76286084)
Yes I'm a girl. I applied for FASS/Project & facilities management/real estate/biz analytics/biz admin/science/comp engineering/environmental studies. In order from 1st to last choice :(
Actually with my grades, non of the local uni is gna accept me into psychology, the course I wanna study, and I know that in the end I will still go to SIM to pursue psych. But nonetheless, getting a rejection letter is still saddening :( but thanks for the encouragement :')

If your grade are not far off, you can try and appeal and maybe you will be successful. I don't know about your UAS but I heard cases of people with lower A levels score and GPA that did not meet the 10 percentile getting into FASS, Real Estate and other course. For your info, my grade was also far off from NUS Accountancy last year but they still give me a chance for a interview for DA(Discretionary Admission). Perhaps you can appeal based on any special talents or achievements you have?

Rmb not to give up!! Even if your appeal fail, at least you know you had try your best. All the best in your appeal :)

KylieeeRauhl 15-05-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uniadm2011 (Waiting) (Post 76286355)
If your grade are not far off, you can try and appeal and maybe you will be successful. I don't know about your UAS but I heard cases of people with lower A levels score and GPA that did not meet the 10 percentile getting into FASS, Real Estate and other course. For your info, my grade was also far off from NUS Accountancy last year but they still give me a chance for a interview for DA(Discretionary Admission). Perhaps you can appeal based on any special talents or achievements you have?

Rmb not to give up!! Even if your appeal fail, at least you know you had try your best. All the best in your appeal :)

My UAS is 64-65 if I include my Olevel Higher Chinese. Honestly my UAS is pretty far from the cut off for most courses so it's not rly surprising if they reject me..:( hopefully they will give me an interview after my appeal, but from what I have read in the forum, ppl still say they look at the grades even when u submit the appeal. So idk, if they're gna look at grades again, I might as well not appeal :(

hellamatrix 15-05-2013 12:19 PM

Just got accepted by NTU PPGA, my 4th choice. But giving up my place anyway :s13:

campoix 15-05-2013 12:39 PM

Giving up nus project and facilities management and smu information systems for ntu maritime. So two more slots le.

Erienised 15-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstt (Post 76285432)
Anyone from poly accepted into smu biz?

My friend (GPA 3.72 Acc) went for interview on 4 May received SMU Biz offer 9 May.

Then again, my other friend (GPA 4.00 Banking) has yet to receive an offer and his interview was in April.

VanWalkman 15-05-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstt (Post 76285850)
Yeah, this wait is horrible. I went on 13 April and also no news yet. I wonder when they will finally start sending letters to us.

I'm still waiting too ever since e interview in April for Biz. The wait is so long....

gbhero 15-05-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zihao90 (Post 76285846)
Actually i am asking can appeal or not since the appeal period was started..
They jump over my question leh..
Hope is good news then mean i no need appeal la..:s13:

Then all the more I believe it's good news haha! Good luck!

zihao90 15-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbhero (Post 76288220)
Then all the more I believe it's good news haha! Good luck!

Hahaha hope so..thanks..^^