www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   NTU/NUS/SMU 2013-2014 Intake (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-nus-smu-2013-2014-intake-4055499.html)

messier 27-03-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaomalu (Post 75023136)
I blur on your statement. So, that means NSF no need to accept the offer until 2015? :O

Honestly, I also very blur on the reply they give me. I saw other friends of mine who are going into NS this year getting hardcopy admission letters from NUS and NTU.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's a nicer way for them to ask me to try my luck again next year...
nonetheless, I will still check my mail box often for the admission letter.

MoxLotus 27-03-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan_ (Post 75021459)
Many thanks for your reply. What added on to my worry is that my classmate from other nationality, having the same gpa, have gotten her offer much earlier. How come as a Singaporeans I don't seem to have the advantages at all?

The reason is because both of u are applying for different admission year. ur coursemate is entering this yr and not 2 yrs later. so dont mistake that he/she is competing with u. Therefore, u actually have priority over foreign students. becuz u will be getting the place 2 yrs b4 any other ppl.

TKR1992 27-03-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numemon (Post 75021630)
U from unrelated dip I suppose? And yea

No. Ngee Ann, Diploma with Merit in Accountancy.

Good Job clearing Add Maths hurdle over NS.

duntellmi 27-03-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaomalu (Post 75023070)
Ya Accountancy :(, Biz should be easier bah i think so. Poly if score well = cfm go in uni. Jc very stressful leh.

Actually, I studied in Poly (NP Optometry) for 3 months before dropping out to enter JC (Arts) the following year. My experience was that those 3 months of Poly was tons harder than my entire 2 years of JC, though I'm sure my subject combi played a part because I'm just better at (and more fond of) Arts. Thank god those days are over!

dorkykaya 27-03-2013 03:54 PM

How important is the test for NUS's discretionary admission? Mine is scheduled next week right before the interview.

Reo000 27-03-2013 03:57 PM

I just rcv a call from SMU telling me to go interview for information system course. Anyone here can share how the interview will be? the person told me to bring writing materials so will have some kind of test??

Xiaomalu 27-03-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorkykaya (Post 75026565)
How important is the test for NUS's discretionary admission? Mine is scheduled next week right before the interview.


"Grats, I think it's super important that you must excel in that interview test. you from jc or poly? Going for which course under discretionary admission? How is your result? Mind share?

Do take note from other forumer said: The questions they asked mainly revolved around your non- academic achievements(NAA).

Here are some example NAA interview questions collected from here forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-non-academic-achievement-interview-2306494-2.html

1.They will ask questions like what was your greatest achievement.
2.What was your most memorable competition.
3.Why did u pick this course.
4.How does your NAA contribute to ur course?
5.how will you use ur NAA to contribute to the school.
hmm got quite a few others also like "tell me more bout urself

Xiaomalu 27-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reo000 (Post 75026648)
I just rcv a call from SMU telling me to go interview for information system course. Anyone here can share how the interview will be? the person told me to bring writing materials so will have some kind of test??

This BLOG is very details and i think it is very useful for you which going for SMU-SIS josephine-heng.blogspot.sg/2012/03/smu-interview-questions.html

Can read through here too forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2671

JIAYOU AND ALL THE BEST TO YOU!

jen.95 27-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonrawks (Post 75018802)
Can anyone please please rate my chances?

Course: financial informatics (NP)
Final GPA: 3.797
L1R4: 15
O level eng: C6
O level A math: no (took cacm in poly)

Courses applied:
NTU business, com sci
SMU business, information system
NUS business, IS, com sci

Courses offered:
None yet

Very anxious, till now still no calls
Thanks guys

Should be able to enter NTU com sci and SMU IS (provided you do well for the interview). Your chance for NUS might be lower since you do not have A.Math. Unless you have A2 for E.Math.

dorkykaya 27-03-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaomalu (Post 75026821)
"Grats, I think it's super important that you must excel in that interview test. you from jc or poly? Going for which course under discretionary admission? How is your result? Mind share?

Do take note from other forumer said: The questions they asked mainly revolved around your non- academic achievements(NAA).

Here are some example NAA interview questions collected from here forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/ntu-non-academic-achievement-interview-2306494-2.html

1.They will ask questions like what was your greatest achievement.
2.What was your most memorable competition.
3.Why did u pick this course.
4.How does your NAA contribute to ur course?
5.how will you use ur NAA to contribute to the school.
hmm got quite a few others also like "tell me more bout urself

Thanks! I'm from Temasek Poly with 3.83 GPA and diploma with merit applying for Computer Science at NUS. Have to go through DA because I don't have A-math.

When you say interview test, do you mean the interview or the test before the interview? The person who called me said there will be problem solving and a math test.

Reo000 27-03-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaomalu (Post 75026896)
This BLOG is very details and i think it is very useful for you which going for SMU-SIS josephine-heng.blogspot.sg/2012/03/smu-interview-questions.html

Can read through here too forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2671

JIAYOU AND ALL THE BEST TO YOU!


Thankyous for the link. wah kaoz think i need to read up on news and practice talking liao

TKR1992 27-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen.95 (Post 75026899)
Should be able to enter NTU com sci and SMU IS (provided you do well for the interview). Your chance for NUS might be lower since you do not have A.Math. Unless you have A2 for E.Math.

Although he does not have A.Maths, he has taken CACM - Certificate in Advanced Computing Mathematics.

There is a special agreement between Ngee Ann Poly & NUS. Students who have taken CACM will be considered as having met the Add. Maths requirement.

Source : NUS - Office of Admissions : Local Applicants

In fact, the CACM is even better than Add. Maths, as it also allows exemption from the MA1301 Maths Proficiency Test.

han.allanchan 27-03-2013 09:37 PM

i even havent received my offer letter from both nus and ntu. my cgpa is 3.95 for 6 semesters and also awarded Diploma with merit. They will just reject me just because of i m non-local? i applied the following courses for both nus and ntu.
1st choice: Bioengineering
2nd choice: Mechanical Engineering.

Havok_ex 27-03-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKR1992 (Post 75033184)
In fact, the CACM is even better than Add. Maths, as it also allows exemption from the MA1301 Maths Proficiency Test.

So? I dont see how its better. Those who have Add. Maths wouldnt have to take the MA1301 in the first place. So isnt it the same?

TKR1992 27-03-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok_ex (Post 75034579)
So? I dont see how its better. Those who have Add. Maths wouldnt have to take the MA1301 in the first place. So isnt it the same?

Wrong...

Students with Add. Maths need to take MA1301 Proficiency Test.
Students with CACM are exempted from said test.

From the link I provided :
Note that students who have fulfilled the Mathematics requirement listed in (i), (ii) or (iii) are required to sit for MA1301 Maths Proficiency Test upon Admission.

iv) Applicants who do not fulfil the Mathematics requirements listed in (i), (ii) and (iii) but have obtained the following Diploma Plus Programme transcript would be deemed as having met the Mathematics requirements for the Computing courses and are not required to sit for MA1301 Maths Proficiency test:


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013 SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.