NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

okryai

Reaction score
Its hard to say..it depends on your NAA :s22:
Most of the NAA's arent really NAA's at all..so most of the time its mainly results

Achivements that really differs you from everyone eg: own business, working experience in related field

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Achivements that really differs you from everyone eg: own business, working experience in related field

Depends I gguess. It's easy to simply set up a company but how far along is the business? Working experience? Most poly students have it.. Unless urs is special else meh

iforgottenx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got a offer from NTU, got rejected by NUS and haven't got any reply from SMU (the portal is down too so I can't check now).

I'm thinking about appealing and I have some doubts regarding that.:s11::s11::s11:

1. Can I appeal to NTU, while still not yet rejecting the course that I'm already offered? I'm afraid that appealing means giving up on my current offer and the appeal may not be successful, meaning that I end up with 0 offer.:eek:

2. Am I allowed to appeal to the 3 different schools simultaneously? :s8:

3. Can I accept my NTU offer (due 1 June) but also appeal to the 3 schools simultaneously? I understand that the 2nd window acceptance is due 21 June. Or accepting my NTU offer means that I'm not allowed to appeal to anywhere anymore? :s22:

Thanks in advance :)

teadee

Reaction score
I have been offered a course by NTU, and NUS is waiting for me to submit additional documents. Recently I got a reminder email from NTU to accept them by 1st June. The email wrote that "There is no penalty if there is a change of mind before matriculation."

1. I am wondering if I can accept NTU first while waiting for NUS as I am not sure how long NUS needs to process my additional documents. Will accepting NTU first affect my chances of getting into NUS? Can the Universities see my acceptance for other Universities?

2. I am wondering if it is possible to accept both NTU and NUS, then take my time to decide on which University I would want to enter, since "There is no penalty if there is a change of mind before matriculation." =:p

Thanks in advance :s13:

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been offered a course by NTU, and NUS is waiting for me to submit additional documents. Recently I got a reminder email from NTU to accept them by 1st June. The email wrote that "There is no penalty if there is a change of mind before matriculation."

1. I am wondering if I can accept NTU first while waiting for NUS as I am not sure how long NUS needs to process my additional documents. Will accepting NTU first affect my chances of getting into NUS? Can the Universities see my acceptance for other Universities?

2. I am wondering if it is possible to accept both NTU and NUS, then take my time to decide on which University I would want to enter, since "There is no penalty if there is a change of mind before matriculation." =:p

Doesn't matter. I'm offered by all 3 unis.
Just do what u deem fit.

kinhou

Reaction score
What are my chances on admitting into NTU Economics?

Hi, I have a Diploma in Business IT in SP.
Cumulative GPA : 3.633
Diploma Plus : Design Thinking
O Levels L1R4 : 16 (before -2)
CCA : Gold with Honors
Academic Award : Honor Role in year 2
Non-academic : Outstanding Class Leader(school based award)
Working Experience: 10 Months (including internships)

What do you think are my chances of admitting?

Slurpi3

Reaction score
Guys guys guys I got offered NTU wkwsci and SMU biz.
And I have no idea which one shld I go for. Considering the fact that I took a Diploma in Financial Informatics in SP, it's probably safer to continue with a business related degree right?
But I'm really interested in comm studies, it's smth I've been wanting to study. At the same time I'm doubting my ability to cope in the course since it's a totally diff course of study from poly.
Is it tough for a Poly student with a unrelated diploma to cope in wkwsci? I'm so confused and there's only 5 more days left to make a decision OMGGGG

P.S. Those waiting for an offer from SMU, there's still hope if they haven't rejected you, your offers can come pretty last min. Just got mine yesterday. All the best!!

Last edited:

photobuff

Reaction score
Guys guys guys I got offered NTU wkwsci and SMU biz.
And I have no idea which one shld I go for. Considering the fact that I'm took a Diploma in Financial Informatics in SP, it's probably safer to continue with a business related degree right?
But I'm really interested in comm studies, it's smth I've been wanting to study. At the same time I'm doubting my ability to cope in the course since it's a totally diff course of study from poly.
Is it tough for a Poly student with a unrelated diploma to cope in wkwsci? I'm so confused and there's only 5 more days left to make a decision OMGGGG

P.S. Those waiting for an offer from SMU, there's still hope if they haven't rejected you, your offers can come pretty last min. Just got mine yesterday. All the best!!

Financial Informatics would fit into SMU. You can take a first major in Finance under Business Management course, and a second major in Analytics under Info Systems.

photobuff

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Diploma in Business IT in SP.
Cumulative GPA : 3.633
Diploma Plus : Design Thinking
O Levels L1R4 : 16 (before -2)
CCA : Gold with Honors
Academic Award : Honor Role in year 2
Non-academic : Outstanding Class Leader(school based award)
Working Experience: 10 Months (including internships)

What do you think are my chances of admitting?

Tough but possible. Economics courses usually look at your Maths subjects and your overall cGPA.

photobuff

Reaction score

No penalty. They won't hate you forever.

donkeycho

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if I'm in the same predicament as iforgottenx, but just illustrating a case scenario in case I ever get there.

Currently, I've been offered Accoutancy in SMU and got rejected by NTU, no response from NUS either.

But I'm more interested in NTU's 3 year course as compared to the other 2 unis hence I appealed through their platform. In the meantime, I accepted SMU as they only open this window for me till 1st June and I didn't want to end up having no where to study lol

Say, if NTU decides to accept me, am I able to reject SMU by then and accept NTU's offer?

p.s kinda noob here and not sure if its already mention in any earlier threads, so don't mind me ! :s13:

1234hn

Reaction score
Anyone recieved an SMU interview after the acceptance portals have closed in previous years?? What are the chances of getting in?

Troy16

Reaction score
Hi do you guys think that gpa cumi roughly 3.69-3.71 in accountancy can go in ntu business management?

Last edited:

lavainya

Reaction score
Can i get into NTU Sociology

Hi. I am final year game art and design student
results for 5 is 3.73
Want to get into local u

Studying Game art and design

O levels L1R4 Raw: 20
Eng: C5, Emath:b3, Amath: c6 Combined humanities:B4

exco member in my cca and scholarship holder

I want to apply for NUS architecture & NTU sociology.
pls Rate my chances.

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Quite high chance

Hi. I am final year game art and design student
results for 5 is 3.73
Want to get into local u

Studying Game art and design

O levels L1R4 Raw: 20
Eng: C5, Emath:b3, Amath: c6 Combined humanities:B4

exco member in my cca and scholarship holder

I want to apply for NUS architecture & NTU sociology.
pls Rate my chances.

Astoria

Reaction score
Any chance for DA/NAA for any of the unis?

Hi everyone,

So I just finished my fifth semester of Poly. (TP Business, elective Human Resource & Corporate Comms)

Cgpa : 3.46 (can pull up in last sem to at least 3.5)
Olvls : 11 (eng : A1, both E and A math : B3)

Very active in school, captain for a sports team, Exco for a school club. Participated in camps and what not. Won numerous POL-ITE medals, won gold medals for national sports competitions (but not in recent years). However, not in the national team.

The courses I would want to apply for is either Comms studies/ Business in all of the unis. Choices down the line might be Hist/sociology.

1)What are the chances of DA/NAA accepting?
2)Should I apply with 5th semester's results?
3)Who are the best people I should approach for testimonials?

Admissions haven't started yet, I just wanted to know what are the best options for me now. Any friends that applied with cgpa similar to mine got into the same courses?
Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Last edited:

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anything pertaining to next year's (AY17/18) admission please post in this thread instead:
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...-70/ntu-nus-smu-2017-2018-intake-5434864.html

Hi everyone,

So I just finished my fifth semester of Poly. (TP Business, elective Human Resource & Corporate Comms)

Very active in school, captain for a sports team, Exco for a school club. Participated in camps and what not. Won numerous POL-ITE medals, won gold medals for national sports competitions (but not in recent years). However, not in the national team.

The courses I would want to apply for is either Comms studies/ Business in all of the unis. Choices down the line might be Hist/sociology.

Admissions haven't started yet, I just wanted to know what are the best options for me now. Any friends that applied with cgpa similar to mine got into the same courses?

Thank you!

1. DA spots will increase to 15% next year. I can only say there are more opportunities for people like you to be able to be admitted via DA, however do note that there are a lot of people like you with the exact same circumstances. You could have a shot though

2. All poly students who applies during their third year (next Feb) will have to apply with 5sem. There isn't really much difference when applying with 5sem or with 6sem later unless your GPA falls or rises a lot more

3. For sports DAs please approach your coaches.

Discounting any DA consideration, your CPGA is way off for Biz/ Comm Studies/ FASS. Sociology is pretty popular these days, there was some competition for slots this year. You can try History though

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
I took a gap year after graduating from a poly last year because I could not get into NTU/NUS. Since then, I have travelled for a few months and I have been on an internship at NIE Office of Education Research. I have decided that I will apply for universities again this year and I really hope to get into NUS FASS.

With a cGPA of 3.70, L1R4:5 & L1R5:7, a good CCA track record with multiple leadership roles, what are my chances of getting into NUS FASS?

p.s, I have received a call from SMU for an interview with the School of Social Sciences and I will be attending my interview the following week (after postponing it due to some work issues).

wait my gpa was 3.64 and my O lvls were worst than u and I still managed to get into a couple of courses in NTU. I think you should use ur first choice for the courses with lower IGP to ensure urself a place

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Please place ur courses Hist/Soci as first choice to ensure a slot in uni. I learnt my lesson the hard way, the way u rank ur choice IS VERY IMPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.