NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

okGrace

Reaction score
Hi, I need help. I got CCD/D and I apply for smu social science. Do you think I stand a chance? I still haven't got a reply from them. :(

Side note, I applied through da for gold in syf and im part of the committee member. I took the SAT test and I got 1370

I only know of one friend who was called for interview for SMU social science but haven't received a reply yet. She had mostly Cs and rp of I think 72.5. Objectively I think your grades are a little far from the cut off, but then again anything can happen before 25 May 😀 (Take my friend who was offered SIS for example!)

immacow

Reaction score
I know the IGP stated that double major programmes for NTU was 3.67 but you also have to consider the actual course itself. NTU psychology's single major is 3.69 so it would make sense if the double major was slightly higher GPA.

As for your chances, your GPA does matter but what you studied for your diploma and your O level grades also factor in. What were your other choices?

My other choices were psych w/ bio, psych, and comms.

I took comms in poly, and I also took a diploma plus in psych. My O's were pretty average, L1R4 of 13 if I remember correctly.

That's true, I didn't really consider comparing the IGP of both 😅

Adelynelovestosing

Reaction score
I would say that its tough on the basis that there this is a 6 to 7 point difference that we're dealing with BUT you have the B for Gp in your favour (one of the stated prerequisitesfor NTU Psychology is 'a good grade in Gp' and they might consider a B) so i think there's hope as long as you haven't received a rejection letter from them. I hope you get called up for an interview c:

Hmmm i think that psychology maybe tough bc i know of friends who had gotten a D for gp but got into psy as well as long as they meet the igp.

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My other choices were psych w/ bio, psych, and comms.

I took comms in poly, and I also took a diploma plus in psych. My O's were pretty average, L1R4 of 13 if I remember correctly.

That's true, I didn't really consider comparing the IGP of both 😅

I see. Yeah, putting double majors may have hampered your application. You can appeal though. I think appeal wise, you have a better chance.

curiousgirl

Reaction score
6th sem cgpa is 3.642
Offered NTU English (5th choice)

What are my chances of getting in if I appeal to NTU Psychology and Linguistics & Multilingual Studies (double major programme), which was my first choice?
Or if I were to appeal to NTU Linguistics & Multilingual Studies (not one of my choices during my application)?
Hi, was yours a direct offer from NTU English? My friend sat for a test and interview with them but still hasn't heard back :(

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Good luck to those who have yet to receive offers. Admission office back to business tomorrow!

Pvcleather

Reaction score
6th sem cgpa is 3.642
Offered NTU English (5th choice)

What are my chances of getting in if I appeal to NTU Psychology and Linguistics & Multilingual Studies (double major programme), which was my first choice?
Or if I were to appeal to NTU Linguistics & Multilingual Studies (not one of my choices during my application)?

From what I know, you cannot appeal to a course that isn't one of your 5 choices. My Friend wanted to do it last year but they told her it wasn't allowed.
Hey, can I know when you got the offer? And what is your olevels score? :)

immacow

Reaction score
From what I know, you cannot appeal to a course that isn't one of your 5 choices. My Friend wanted to do it last year but they told her it wasn't allowed.
Hey, can I know when you got the offer? And what is your olevels score? :)

I got it on 17 april. L1R4 of 13 after deduction of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.