HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #31

Very high chance. Since you have so many achievements related to your course. I guess they will see your true passion towards this course.
Thanks for the positive input Will update on the result of my appeal
LEEJIYOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #32

obviously there's a difference between the degrees if they are obtained from different unis, why do you think timeshighereducation and qs university rankings exist... it's just that smaller firms don't have the luxury to carefully pick who they are hiring so to them their expectations aren't high
But he mentioned for this particular course (social sciences-where he claimed to be most useless), is there a difference in getting a local or pte uni?
scholar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #33

I am looking at FASS's Japanese Studies. I cleared the highest level Japanese proficiency test and has the certificate. Appealed to nus saying that it's my dream to be a translator and I wanna contribute to NUS' Japanese Society Club
wow highest level of japanese proficiency test, i m interested in japanese but now i m still stuck at the stage of subbed anime (sry it's abit off topic,not related to uni)
friedriceandegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:39 AM   #34

Your grades are extremely far off from any biz, acc, or econs courses. Guess you should consider NTU enginneeing courses. Biz, Acc or econs related courses require high requirements. Don't be like few of them here retake A levels for the sake of entering a particular course. Retaking has a lot of factors to weigh in before making this decision.
Hi, yes I do understand where I'm coming from and have questioned myself many times if I'm actually going to retake As for the sake of getting into this one course and not be open about other courses.

As I know of a few people who have the same grades as me except for GP who got into NBS, I wanted to give it a shot myself as NBS has been one of my goals that I set for myself and I don't want to give up easily. This may sound as though I'm very fixed on business, but I personally feel people shouldn't give up on what they aim for without trying all the opportunities available.

I do appreciate your rationale for warning me about retaking As just for the sake of retaking. I hope I wouldn't need to as I know the workload isn't going to be easy, especially without much resources..
xescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:42 AM   #35

Hi, yes I do understand where I'm coming from and have questioned myself many times if I'm actually going to retake As for the sake of getting into this one course and not be open about other courses.

As I know of a few people who have the same grades as me except for GP who got into NBS, I wanted to give it a shot myself as NBS has been one of my goals that I set for myself and I don't want to give up easily. This may sound as though I'm very fixed on business, but I personally feel people shouldn't give up on what they aim for without trying all the opportunities available.
So what do you intend to do? If your appeal to Biz got rejected, will you accept other courses or retake As?

What is the first thing you would think about if u fail to get into Biz this yr?
Old 04-06-2017, 12:42 AM   #36

Your grades are extremely far off from any biz, acc, or econs courses. Guess you should consider NTU enginneeing courses. Biz, Acc or econs related courses require high requirements. Don't be like few of them here retake A levels for the sake of entering a particular course. Retaking has a lot of factors to weigh in before making this decision.
It's actually not that far off other than GP?? My friend got into NTU biz with BBC and E for GP. The poster's grades for his/her H2s can actually make it into NTU biz/econs and SMU biz/econs for sure, but like the person said it's probably the S for GP which affected his/her chances.
soggyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #37

It's actually not that far off other than GP?? My friend got into NTU biz with BBC and E for GP. The poster's grades for his/her H2s can actually make it into NTU biz/econs and SMU biz/econs for sure, but like the person said it's probably the S for GP which affected his/her chances.
U sure BBC for ntu biz? I thought the requirements was AAB/C (80RP)? Unless your friend got in by DA, or else it is almost impossible since it is so far off?
Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #38

wow highest level of japanese proficiency test, i m interested in japanese but now i m still stuck at the stage of subbed anime (sry it's abit off topic,not related to uni)
Even tho the highest level is defined as 'native level', my Japanese proficiency is the about the same as a typical SG Chinese's proficiency in Mandarin except that I can read Japanese articles without looking up the dictionary often. I started learning only 3 years ago and passed the exam 6 months ago so it is possible. Study every day and make Japanese part of your every day life I just had my german class today and got overwhelmed haha
Old 04-06-2017, 12:51 AM   #39

Even tho the highest level is defined as 'native level', my Japanese proficiency is the about the same as a typical SG Chinese's proficiency in Mandarin except that I can read Japanese articles without looking up the dictionary often. I started learning only 3 years ago and passed the exam 6 months ago so it is possible. Study every day and make Japanese part of your every day life I just had my german class today and got overwhelmed haha
Wow very impressed with you learning multi-languages. You can travel to countries and speak with the locals as well as able to read articles, books as well as watch videos without subs. Very envious.. Can you speak Korean too, since your username is a korean name?
Old 04-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #40

U sure BBC for ntu biz? I thought the requirements was AAB/C (80RP)? Unless your friend got in by DA, or else it is almost impossible since it is so far off?
Maybe the friend got BBC/E and AA for PW & H1. It'll be 80RP
L0sts0ul234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #41

Then that is different from his case, he got only 71.25RP.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:58 AM   #42

Then that is different from his case, he got only 71.25RP.
Yep. This year ntu biz dropped to 76. Couple of my friends got in with 76+ rp.
suchgrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #43

So what do you intend to do? If your appeal to Biz got rejected, will you accept other courses or retake As?

What is the first thing you would think about if u fail to get into Biz this yr?
I've accepted NTU Mathematical Sciences already and would probably go there if my appeal does get rejected. Retaking As has been on my mind as a last resort and I'm still considering if I should having approximately slightly more than 150 days it is definitely a tough decision. However, if I do intend to retake As I believe I would have the determination to pull through it and try my best and see how it goes from there.

The first thing I would think about if I fail to get into Biz this year would definitely be whats the second best option which would help me to head towards what I'd be interested to do which would be banking and finance and business analytics, which according to the course curriculum is covered in Mathematical Sciences though not as in depth as business itself.

[EDIT] Also for those who are talking about the possibility of people missing the IGP grade to get into business, I myself feel it is possible as I've checked w my school teachers as per the national standard this year it has dropped quite a fair bit as compared to the previous years, hence I'm trying my best to get into this course.

Last edited by xescar; 04-06-2017 at 01:02 AM..
Old 04-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #44

Wow very impressed with you learning multi-languages. You can travel to countries and speak with the locals as well as able to read articles, books as well as watch videos without subs. Very envious.. Can you speak Korean too, since your username is a korean name?
I learnt a bit of Korean, only enough to say this is a table and stuffs like that. Realised that German would probably be more fun and lucrative here in SG at least so I signed up for it^^ First,I need my degree though
Old 04-06-2017, 01:05 AM   #45

With AA for PW and H1 is 75 maximum for BBC/E(GP)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.