NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jian Jian

Reaction score
hi guys is it normal for me to be shortlisted for SMU's scholarship interview first but I haven't received their EASE admission offer... My friends all starting to get alr :(

Do you have any friend applied for SMU Information Systems under EASE ?

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m currently an undergrad at NTU under HSS but i’m doing a course which i have 0 interest in. I am currently in my second semester. I’m thinking of dropping out of NTU and taking part in the 2017/18 intake. My rp is 68.75, will doing the SAT help me in my application to SMU again? (after i’ve failed last year)

If my SMU application is not successful, should i stay in a local uni (NTU) doing something i’m not interested in or go to SIM global?

Go sim global and do what?

Banking and finance stuff ah?

If you want to go into banking, your degree and where it comes from is more important

LEEJIYOUNG

Reaction score
I’m currently an undergrad at NTU under HSS but i’m doing a course which i have 0 interest in. I am currently in my second semester. I’m thinking of dropping out of NTU and taking part in the 2017/18 intake. My rp is 68.75, will doing the SAT help me in my application to SMU again? (after i’ve failed last year)

If my SMU application is not successful, should i stay in a local uni (NTU) doing something i’m not interested in or go to SIM global?

do note that if you withdraw and join SIM, you still have to pay the school fees for NTU sem1 and 2 (which is a lot without tuition grants)

xK3lViN

Reaction score
Seems like that is the case bro haha. Btw is it normal for me to be shortlisted for the scholarship interview but yet to receive the admission offer? :o i FOMO now HAHAHA

hahaha i have no idea man! maybe you can check with the interview panel about admission? i also applied for Scholarship but still did not receive any e-mail about interview :(

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha i have no idea man! maybe you can check with the interview panel about admission? i also applied for Scholarship but still did not receive any e-mail about interview :(

Guys! You are right. SMU seems to emphasize / promote applications for their scholarships than about admission. Having bundled the scholarship with admission as a package, they appear to put 'the carriage before the horse'. Strange but will they goof (accidently) one day by awarding their scholarship but failed to follow-up with an admission offer. (ha Ha). However, I am sure they do have an administrative process in place to prevent this joke.

But then there's Murphy's Law. Have a good day to each and everyone, a Buddha to be.

Amituofo

curlywurlyguy

Reaction score
Anyone received offer letter from SMU-IS under EASE?

I assume EASE stands for something like early admission. Don't mean to discourage you but if I'm not wrong, there's a ceremony for those that have been accepted by EASE tomorrow. I have some friends whom have already been accepted and are heading their way there tomorrow, though they are from business. So if you haven't received the letter it probably means that you weren't accepted (once again don't take my word for it!!)

Jian Jian

Reaction score
I assume EASE stands for something like early admission. Don't mean to discourage you but if I'm not wrong, there's a ceremony for those that have been accepted by EASE tomorrow. I have some friends whom have already been accepted and are heading their way there tomorrow, though they are from business. So if you haven't received the letter it probably means that you weren't accepted (once again don't take my word for it!!)

Is anyone of your friends applying for information systems?

incontine

Reaction score
Huh really ah :( Should I call them to ask because i only got my scholarship interview but not the admission :o

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score

EASE = Early Admission Scholarship Exercise.

Accountancy applicants are getting offers / attention.

Others: coming soon.

Amituofo

ChocolateCat

Reaction score
Seems like that is the case bro haha. Btw is it normal for me to be shortlisted for the scholarship interview but yet to receive the admission offer? :o i FOMO now HAHAHA

Normal, cause handled by two different office/department

They will tell you the scholarship is contingent on you actually getting the admission offer

But it’s not an issue la.. scholarship is far more selective. If can get then admission sure no problem

_Arbalest_

Reaction score
Does anyone know when smu calls people up for interviews?
Also, whats are the chances of getting into smu is with 3.50 gpa, o lvl l1r4: 10. With a business diploma?

snowball000

Reaction score

Hi can I know that if I have received EASE acceptance letter, will they still be concerned about the Sem 6 GPA? If I screw up by 6 Sem GPA, will they reject me for admission?

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Hi can I know that if I have received EASE acceptance letter, will they still be concerned about the Sem 6 GPA? If I screw up by 6 Sem GPA, will they reject me for admission?

Actually universities were clear that their offer is subject to your graduating with grades acceptable for admission. So 6th Semester result must not tank. They call it a provisional offer.

Amituofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.