Public Transport Scholarship

DeBracko

Reaction score
Hello guys! currently studying in NTU under mechanical engineering and I got this email about an application to apply for a public transport scholarship, which sounds tempting given that they will help to pay for my tuition fees while at the same time give me a job for 4 years after graduation. However, I wanted to learn more about this scholarship but cant find much information online, so I was hoping to be able to hear some personal experience from people here who either is/have applying/applied for the scholarship or people who are currently working in smrt

What is your work load/responsibility as a mechanical engineer in smrt?

How's the pay as a fresh graduate compared to other companies?

Thanks in advance guys! :s12:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe it come with bond & liquidated damages.

Hello guys! currently studying in NTU under mechanical engineering and I got this email about an application to apply for a public transport scholarship, which sounds tempting given that they will help to pay for my tuition fees while at the same time give me a job for 4 years after graduation. However, I wanted to learn more about this scholarship but cant find much information online, so I was hoping to be able to hear some personal experience from people here who either is/have applying/applied for the scholarship or people who are currently working in smrt

What is your work load/responsibility as a mechanical engineer in smrt?

How's the pay as a fresh graduate compared to other companies?

Thanks in advance guys! :s12:

DeBracko

Reaction score
I believe it come with bond & liquidated damages.

Yes! the bond is to work for them for 4 years after graduating which doesn't sound too bad for me because I was thinking I could add that working experience to my resume to have a better advantage to find other jobs after finishing the bond.

For the liquidated damage, will they terminate the scholarship if for example I managed to get the scholarship but halfway I did badly for my results but still manage to graduate, will they terminate the scholarship and ask me to pay them back the fee? :(

guyz92

Reaction score
Yes! the bond is to work for them for 4 years after graduating which doesn't sound too bad for me because I was thinking I could add that working experience to my resume to have a better advantage to find other jobs after finishing the bond.

For the liquidated damage, will they terminate the scholarship if for example I managed to get the scholarship but halfway I did badly for my results but still manage to graduate, will they terminate the scholarship and ask me to pay them back the fee? :(

you should email them for more details. Some merit based scholarship generally do not need to pay back as long as it is genuine case that one is not able to cope.
just that they will stop funding for your study. after that you are still able to get financial support from public bursary.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot cope is never a reason for waiver of LD. More like medical condition to stand a chance for consideration.

you should email them for more details. Some merit based scholarship generally do not need to pay back as long as it is genuine case that one is not able to cope.
just that they will stop funding for your study. after that you are still able to get financial support from public bursary.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this scholarship but most do state this clause in the scholarship deed that they can terminate your scholarship at any point of time if you did not meet certain GPA (which mean you will not last until your graduation).

So once they terminate your scholarship, you will needs to pay them back the LD (Not just the fee but other things like allowance, interest rate & etc).

Unless you are a foreigner or else as a local, be prepare to declare bankruptcy for yourself & your sureties (LD will be more higher especially the more time you send on your course duration).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.