Royal Holloway, University of London

intime

Reaction score
intime: Wow... see you again in this thread.. Do you have something against kingston?? Haha. If I'm able to get into a local university, I would have done so. Fact is, in Singapore, you pretty much lose out as long as you aren't a local grad. In fact, I'm working for the government... Before I enrolled myself, I actually asked my superior and hiring supervisors if Kingston is recognised in the force. They mentioned something along the side that if Kingston University is one of the members of the association of commonwealth universities, then I'm pretty much on the safe side...

Of course I did my research before I enrolled myself.. I also want to climb the ladder mah.

I have nothing against Kingston, it is after-all a ranked university on QS. But I am indeed against Aventis until they are able to be transparent and attain EduTrust.
- http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/d...-70/kingston-university-london-4951836.html#7

With what you have stated, I will assume that you have written confirmation that they support you in your further studies. And there is a higher position available when you graduate and no one will be competing with you. (even your colleague) And most importantly you have plainly describe to your employer that you are studying which course from Kingston Aventis, that is a 9 month degree.
- There have been many cases of people entering further studies without blessings from their company, which resulted in little to no raise or promotion after graduation.

rtbp92

Reaction score
RHUL 15 Nov intake

Can anyone who is in the prog recently advise on the course structure?

Is there a lot of self studying (only 4hrs of lecture per module?)

Having a dilemma between RMIT, RMIT, UOB/SIM.

Would appreciate the help!!

Ohsofab

Reaction score

I'm in rhul, bsc ft 4- Started in may 2015 this year. During june, i deferred, going back to study in november. There isnt alot of self studying if you really understand what the lecturer is saying. 4 hrs of lecture is sufficient actually. but i can tell you all the assignments and projects drive you crazy because the datelines are somewhat near to each other considering there is 2 modules to start with in the 1st term, then 2nd term there is 3 modules. 5 modules altgt. have to take 5 exams at the end of 5 mths, 1 week break of revision back to back for each exams. the course is super intensive. the most difficult one in Kaplan. lol. but the cert is worth it. check out the ranking in UK league tables and you will know why. choose UOB if you wanna go SIM. UOB is also good cos there's honours. dont get a degree cert without honours. you'll find it hard to compete with other people over jobs if you want a higher paying salary job.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top up degrees are meant for matured established professionals to have the necessary credentials to step up. It is meant to recognise their non academic experience.

It is NOT for workers wanting to climb the corporate ladder or seeking better career opportunities.

Ohsofab

Reaction score
Top up degrees are meant for matured established professionals to have the necessary credentials to step up. It is meant to recognise their non academic experience.

It is NOT for workers wanting to climb the corporate ladder or seeking better career opportunities.

lol it's not a top up degree..

intime

Reaction score

Rmit got no honours in sg.
For sim uob, got buffalo and Birmingham. Both got honours and ranked, Birmingham is better ranked and is in Russell grp.

No matter where, in any Uni, there is alot of self studying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.