Royal Holloway, University of London

bugmenot45

Reaction score
Quite well known for its humanities and sciences courses in UK but not for its business courses.
Pretty much unheard of in SG, but IMHO better than doing curtin or murdoch.

Last edited:

kindaichi24

Reaction score
Is the certificate same as uol??? Just under different name?? And will it be recognised in sg? Dont wanna waste 20k for an useless paper.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Since Royal Holloway is a constituent college of the University of London, the degree would be conferred under the latter's name.

If TS is a bit worried about the brand name, then put it as "Royal Holloway, University of London" in the resume.

kindaichi24

Reaction score
Since Royal Holloway is a constituent college of the University of London, the degree would be conferred under the latter's name.

If TS is a bit worried about the brand name, then put it as "Royal Holloway, University of London" in the resume.

U mean the cert will be the same as uol international programmes? I'd rather its the same actually.. as uol is recognised in sg. I dont wanna enrol for 3 years though..

Bedokian

Reaction score
U mean the cert will be the same as uol international programmes? I'd rather its the same actually.. as uol is recognised in sg. I dont wanna enrol for 3 years though..

As in appearance, it will look the same as the UOL international programme's, since UOL mentioned that there is only 1 degree, regardless of where or how you graduated.

I do not know any Royal Holloway alumni but I have a ex-colleague who graduated from King's College London years ago. I saw her certificate before and it looked like my UOL IP degree, with the exception that her college name is written under the "University of London". So I guess Royal Holloway's should be the same.

For recognition, since Royal Holloway is under UOL, and in turn UOL in recognised by the UK government, it is recognised on a macro scale here.

kindaichi24

Reaction score
Jus found out frm kaplan that if i were to join this uni. I would be the first batch. Is it advisable to be in the first batch frm kaplan?

SeiNeN

Reaction score
Someone told me that before the school you are going to apply for, make sure the uni in that particular country run the same as Kaplan. For example, UCD in Ireland doesn't have human resource management course but Kaplan UCD have.

bugmenot45

Reaction score
Someone told me that before the school you are going to apply for, make sure the uni in that particular country run the same as Kaplan. For example, UCD in Ireland doesn't have human resource management course but Kaplan UCD have.

LSE doesn't offer ISM/B&F/business degrees but sim-uol ism/bnf/business grads still do pretty well and I don't see employers rejecting their degrees.

kindaichi24

Reaction score

i checked the official website. the course provided is exactly the same but very limited. Im only worry about being the first batch and curious how does the cert really look like. The sample cert the sales person show me is like anyhow one.

kindaichi24

Reaction score
Im super confused over this uni and university college dublin! Any advice will be deeply appreciated

Bedokian

Reaction score
At the end of the day, it will really depend on the HR department of the company to recognise it, and being human, there will be some biasness in the selection of candidates.

Both UOL and UCD are quite recognised around here, though I know more UOL alumni than the other (simply because I am one as well). Those I knew did land good jobs in both public and private sectors.

If TS wants to know how the certificate looks like, I would suggest sending an email to Royal Holloway and ask for a sample.

Claest

Reaction score
Hey! I'm also looking into Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Management with International Business from Royal Holloway, University of London.

[Go google "top uk business universities" and click on the first link. I can't paste the link here cause I'm new.]

The above link shows that it stands at a ranking of 32 in the UK for business studies. The modules provided are rather interesting as well. But it is true that being a first cohort might serve to be as a guinea pig and might not turn out well at the end. Furthermore, it lacks information.

I'm actually comparing this programme to SIMGE's Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management. It is by University of Birmingham, which stands at ranking 22 according to the link above. The modules provided there are good as well and i like the structure of the course. As far as i know, I've heard that their modules are done in 2-3 weeks and completed, before moving on to the next module. In such a way, its more focused and allow us to fare better relatively. However, the vast difference between the 2 is $10k. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra $10k there.

I'm also at a similar crossroad. Any brilliant advises, please?

hazeltan

Reaction score
Did a search on the world ranking and it is rather high ranking compared to the rest.. So perhaps can consider this too? anyone keen to be the first batch together? ...lol

hazeltan

Reaction score
are u talking about SIM UOL?

RHUL looks like it is :

Course units are assessed by a combination of end-of-year examinations (generally 70% of your overall mark) and in-course assignments (generally 30% of your overall mark). In-course assignments are conducted as either individual or group work, and are usually in the form of essays or presentations.

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As compare the module between UCD and Royal UOL, Royal UOL's module looks more difficult compare to UCD. Plus Royal UOL doesn't have any HR module.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.