SIM - Bachelor of Science(hon) in Management from University of Manchester

kelzz86

Reaction score
oh really.. i didnt noe.. so happy.. previously i tot no much ppl applied for the course so they accepted me.. lol.. so if UOM accepted u, will u still consider UOL?

one thing i dun like abt UOL is they have maths n sociology and they are killer papers..

Doll696

Reaction score
Orh i went to the preview talk, my frd poly ave C grade, they say:" Dont need to apply UOM, go try UOL"..... So they are really strict about their entry requirements, not about the number of people to get into the course......

Erm the main thing i dun like about UOL is the word EXTERNAL on the certificate..... UOM cert awarded here is the same as in campus and their own lecturers fly in to teach........

UOM u can choose to take 3rd yr in UK.... But UOL, u have to be first class (or maybe 2nd upper) to be accepted into UOL-LSE in UK......... so it means takin the UOL cert here is difinitely not the same standard as taking it in UK...........

For more infomation:
http://www.mbs.ac.uk/undergraduate/singapore/index.aspx

kelzz86

Reaction score
wow.. tat's great news to me.. actually i wanting to opt to study in UK for e final yr with my fren, as we can share accommendation which will be cheaper, but she accepted UniSim course.. So i guess i will only go if i make gd fren in the course..

Reaction score
hmm one ting to note, this course is a part time course...i called them up and ask them abt their class timings n schedules, sadly all the classes are conducted in the evening. such a waste, coz i hate nite classes....stay veri far from clementi.

Halliday

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply

Hi..just to answer your question..i have an engineering diploma..that's why it's require for mi to take part in the prep course. Well i'm really glad i'm not the only person around who made this choice..looks like there are many interested parties around =) For mi personally, the UOM degree looks really appealing because of its prestige n it's flexibility...just what i am looking for ... but it's really a personal choice as i think regardless of which course you choose and where you study..it really voice down to how much knowledge you really acquire and put into good use at the end of it....no point coming into a course with a "branded goods mentality" ...

Doll696

Reaction score
Yup, through in a sense that not everything boils down to "branding", u need application of knowledge too............ But employer nowadays only accepts those from recognized universities, so it actually gives us an edge over others if we have a degree from a "respectable" university........

" kelzz86 So i guess i will only go if i make gd fren in the course.. "

Erm dont worry coz some of your classmates you see them now, may not be around in the later stage of the course......... Drop out rate is pretty high esp of uni programs.........

Oberron_Enders..... I stay in the NOrth, just think.....2Yrs onli.... u can make it !!!

kelzz86

Reaction score
Oberron_Enders - i guess from the very first, time table for part-time was to cater for working adults, tat's y there are nite classes or even wkends classes.. =)

Doll696 - oh really, den i truly hope tat I can mk it throughout.. haa..

Halliday - yes, I highly agree to what you said. Now I guess the quality of the certificate makes where you stand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
:) haha oh well i guess i have to make do with nite classses..i'll get used to it after sometime coz UOM is UOM enuff said. Applied today, dunno can get anot....if i get in, hopefully can make new frenz there!

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...seem like alot of you are going to take BSc(Hons) Mgt from SIM-UOM.

Hehe, you all go test water 1st, after that must tell me what is the drop out rate, passing rate, resourse & etc.

I maybe your junior =P

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOM u can choose to take 3rd yr in UK.... But UOL, u have to be first class (or maybe 2nd upper) to be accepted into UOL-LSE in UK......... so it means takin the UOL cert here is difinitely not the same standard as taking it in UK...........

don't think anyone transfered to UOL-LSE in UK from the external program.
quality of students differ!
if ext UOL-LSE set the same standard like UK, there will be no problem transferring but there will be much fewer students enrolled, definitely fewer than UOM.

Doll696

Reaction score
If UOL-LSE Ext is the same as LSE.... or Gets the Same cert as LSE UK then i will consider....

youdunsay

Reaction score
Anyone going for their briefing? I can't make it. Can anyone help me ask about the class schedule?

kelzz86

Reaction score
Anyone going for their briefing? I can't make it. Can anyone help me ask about the class schedule?

omg.. i jus received the time-table for prep-course.. nearly fainted after plotting in my calendar, there are weeks that with classes on Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat.. i guess i have to b prepared for panda eyes..

not to scare you.. but tat's wat i received.. haha

kelzz86

Reaction score
:) haha oh well i guess i have to make do with nite classses..i'll get used to it after sometime coz UOM is UOM enuff said. Applied today, dunno can get anot....if i get in, hopefully can make new frenz there!

haha.. dun worry.. u have got me n Halliday.. as we are already being accepted by UOM.. lol

Reaction score
haha.. dun worry.. u have got me n Halliday.. as we are already being accepted by UOM.. lol

lol, yup yup...will definitely find u hwz bros when sch starts...well thats provided i managed to get in. wad r the timings like? omg i need to fly from my workplace in little india to clementi leh...

youdunsay

Reaction score
no idea. But how's the actual class schedule like? I mean after prep course. Is it mon to sun every week? Anyone went for the briefing?

anfield22

Reaction score
UOL external and internal programmes are comparable. the only difference is, you don't see 50% of LSE students failing first-year econs. for heaven's sake, it's called london school of ECONOMICS for a reason

the reason why the admission for UOL ext is not strict is because it is within resources to have thousands of external students ie. admission is not competitive. and it doesn't matter to them if they all do badly; their rep will never be damaged

i read earlier in the year on the SIM student portal that BSc banking & finance students who do IBM and VSA electives are eligible for the UOM degree upon completing 4 mods from that course (1 year)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.