HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM UOL AUG 2013 INTAKE

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #256

Hi peeps I'm so noob at this. Don't really know what is going on.

1) We only can enroll in 5 courses?

2) What does it mean when they say 12 units are required and i only managed to hit 5 after choosing 5 courses?

3) What is the difference between session 1 and 2?

Please helppp. First time going through all these :X
helloeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #257

Should I continue to wait for my Math and Stat L11? why IT help desk never reply one
I got the email reply which says tmr morning.

But apparently it is fixed now.
lalala92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #258

I'm also thinking the same thing.. But.. Later give up then SIM fixed problem liao, I'll cry lol.

Anyways, by adding the classes to the shopping cart, does it mean we already chop that slot already?
Nope. You need to confirm it. Adding to cart is just like... Choosing a username, validate to check if still available, then to make a final plus chop confirmation then they will add into your timetable. My friend made the mistake of taking everything validated. Never Proceed to next step. Got booted from server came back, tried to proceed but end up all slots fully booked.
poptartar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #259

Yup. tues, weds and fri. Weds and Fri full day, 8.30am to 6.30pm. That is if I get the l-08
kuanhon.aw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #260

Nope. You need to confirm it. Adding to cart is just like... Choosing a username, validate to check if still available, then to make a final plus chop confirmation then they will add into your timetable. My friend made the mistake of taking everything validated. Never Proceed to next step. Got booted from server came back, tried to proceed but end up all slots fully booked.
Managed to confirmed all my modules except 1!
So sad.. Don't know which slot to pick for my econs liao~
POTATOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #261

Should I continue to wait for my Math and Stat L11? why IT help desk never reply one
Yay managed to sign up for L11!!!!!
fishnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #262

Hi peeps I'm so noob at this. Don't really know what is going on.

1) We only can enroll in 5 courses?

Maximum 5 courses. Normally you would do 4 Courses.
In the event you failed one, then next sem you can take as per normal with your course mates, adding the subject you failed.

2) What does it mean when they say 12 units are required and i only managed to hit 5 after choosing 5 courses?

You need to complete 12 units to graduate from your course.
They will display on the side of each course how many credit units its worth. If you picked all courses that carry 1 credit unit, then obviously you hit the maximum. If you have subjects like Math and Statistics which carry 0.5, you would need to take 2 e.g. Math 1 & Math 2 or Stat 1 & Stat 2 or Math 1 & Stat 1 to complete 1 full credit unit.

3) What is the difference between session 1 and 2?

I'm not sure about this one... Didn't notice it. Lol. I just looked out for timings and managed to cram my classes in 3 days.

Please helppp. First time going through all these :X
Hope this helps. Quick, go book your dates or you'll be stuck with all the crappy days and end up going to school almost everyday.
Old 16-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #263

Yay managed to sign up for L11!!!!!
Hi future lecture mate haha. Which course are you from?
Old 16-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #264

Yup. tues, weds and fri. Weds and Fri full day, 8.30am to 6.30pm. That is if I get the l-08
Wow.. How did you manage to get a 8.30 to 6.30 day.. Mine's all like.. Mon 12-3 Tue 8.30-2.45 & Fri 12-6.30
Old 16-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #265

Hi future lecture mate haha. Which course are you from?
A&F! You?
fishnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #266

A&F! You?
Aiya different leh~ Haha I'm from biz
Old 16-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #267

Thank you so much for the fast reply! So I guess taking Intro to Econs, Math1/Stat1, Intro to biz management, principles of sociology are 4 courses?
Im trying to enroll now but dk why the result for my intro to biz man. is an X when slots are still available. Ughh
Hope this helps. Quick, go book your dates or you'll be stuck with all the crappy days and end up going to school almost everyday.
helloeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #268

Got an email reply from SIM.
Looks like they will solve the problem by tomorrow morning.

exact email is as follows:
Dear Kuan Hon,

Thank you for your email.

We are concerned to hear that you are unable to validate your Maths 1 and Stats 1 class. Please be assured that we are aware of this issue and our IT engineers are taking action on this. The latest update is that the solution would most probably be available tomorrow morning. As such, you might want to attempt validating and confirming your Maths 1 and Stats 1 class tomorrow.

As we understand that time is critical, we would like you to proceed to validate and confirm your other selected modules.

Please do feel free to write to us again if you need further help.

Warmest Regards
Student Services
SIM Global Education
Old 16-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #269

Tuesday 3/3.30pm got any Principles of Banking and Finance slot? If have, I might just check back regularly. If i can get a slot. Then 2 days per week!
Old 16-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #270

People, the error regarding L-08 has been resolved. So go enrol now(:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.