HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM UOL AUG 2013 INTAKE

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #991
Supremacy Member

Thank you! ^_^ At least I'm feeling much better now hahahaha.
No problem man.
chiwawa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #992

IBM

Hi guys, would like to check what are the IBM lesson days and time and the lecturer.

Appreciate alot for the help.

Thanks alot!!
xiaobai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #993

Anyone in Lee Chin Choo class can help to clarify my doubts for chapter 4 market structure practice qns 1....when explaininf short run and long run what are we looking at???
Thanksssss
orange29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #994
Arch-Supremacy Member

ahhhhhh. thanks!

there's something that he always say, to find SE, you must draw the back to Uo, you know what is it??
I missed that lesson so very hard to catch up now haha
"2 parallel lines...2 parallel lines...2 parallel lines..."

Anyway this is how I rmb, "SE" and "same line" starts with "S" so they are together hence IE goes with different line
lolita_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #995
Supremacy Member

I would advise those taking UOL course to sign up for the school internship programme when available during the school holiday to gain working experience which is useful when u are applying for jobs upon graduation.
Old 15-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #996
Master Member

ahhhhhh. thanks!

there's something that he always say, to find SE, you must draw the back to Uo, you know what is it??
I missed that lesson so very hard to catch up now haha
Uo is the original utility curve. And you have to remove IE by shifting via a dotted line (note that this line is non-existent)parallel to the left until it is tangential to the Uo.
Successor. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #997

I would advise those taking UOL course to sign up for the school internship programme when available during the school holiday to gain working experience which is useful when u are applying for jobs upon graduation.
heard that the school's programme is not good. comments?
am I better off looking for internship on my own?

and the norm is paid or unpaid internships for sim students?

thank you
newstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #998
Supremacy Member

thank you
Depend on what is being offered. There might be good internship job some time. Of course if you got good lobang u can source for your own job. The internship is paid by hourly rate if i am not wrong, but don't expect high pay.
Old 15-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #999

thanks,

is there a point in going for exchange programmes. as in will it help you get a job or is it just for experience.

but actually what I want to ask is that are students generally blur until revision? because the lecturers seem to be rushing to hit a January deadline & then they will do revision instead of slowly teaching until exam time.

asking because I am a bit/quite blur for my lessons. is that normal or just me?
acme&ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #1000
Master Member

thanks,

is there a point in going for exchange programmes. as in will it help you get a job or is it just for experience.

but actually what I want to ask is that are students generally blur until revision? because the lecturers seem to be rushing to hit a January deadline & then they will do revision instead of slowly teaching until exam time.

nt just you man, me too.
especially in econs. hahaha
_nivla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #1001
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depend on what is being offered. There might be good internship job some time. Of course if you got good lobang u can source for your own job. The internship is paid by hourly rate if i am not wrong, but don't expect high pay.
care to share what are some of the companies which used to offer internships to sim students?
lolita_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #1002

anyone in nageb's friday morni.ng lesson. sit together?
Old 15-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #1003
Supremacy Member

Which organisations will take in sim students as interns?? Also, if the allowance is lower, wouldn't it be better to find temp jobs that give a higher salary as well as gaining working experience too rather than interns with low pay?
chiwawa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #1004

Just giving my 2 cents worth based on what I know:

Which organisations will take in sim students as interns?? Also, if the allowance is lower, wouldn't it be better to find temp jobs that give a higher salary as well as gaining working experience too rather than interns with low pay?
Depends what is your priority. If your priority is working experience, internship tends to offer better experience + looks better on your resume as compared to temp jobs (usually admin, can't learn much)

Internship in SG is about 600/mth.

thank you
Yup you can try to find on internsg.com, and norm is paid regardless of where you are studying.

thanks,

Generally employers like internships and overseas experience. So imo just kill 2 birds with one stone and go for overseas internship.
htditsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #1005

Generally employers like internships and overseas experience. So imo just kill 2 birds with one stone and go for overseas internship.
how to go overseas internship, can advise?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.