SIM UOL FAQ

voucherwow

Reaction score
Hi, am a student-hopeful lol for this Aug's FT intake for Econs and MGT.

Have some burning questions lol, hope you guys can help.

How is the honors class system differentiated? '1st - Nil'?

Does the your choice of the further modules affect your degree in any manner?

Lets say, I choose all the 'humanes based' modules because I am more 'writing inclined'?

if you are writing inclined, why are you taking econs?
maybe you should take a look at the econs notes from LSE:
http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=7176

uni level econs is quite different from JC econs.

voucherwow

Reaction score
I'm currently deciding on which UOL degree i should take - Business or Management.
After graduation, I want to work at certain company departments such as marketing/advert/public relations/human resource. More into those kind of careers.

I personally think business is a better choice.

desmondlee1989

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your advice. Chose Econs & MGT because its more flexible plus I can choose modules like ESAP, HRM as compared to BA.

Plus I figure there is no way I can go without math for any degree might as well suck thumb and face it.

In addition, I read that since the foundation modules are the same for both, if I cannot cope I can choose to do just mgt in the second year right? thanks.

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey.. i was researching into Uol Vs RMIT through googling. and i came across this post by someone.

"ask urself this......if u r an average student.........would u wan a honors degree with lousy grade or a normal aust degree wif much better grades......i chose the latter.....

And FYI any grades below 2nd lower class for honors is more or less considered useless.........

And if i am not wrong, our UOL degrees comes from Goldsimth College. This i not very sure but heard abt it b4"

can anyone explain to me this part of ... the direct honors from uol, and normal degree of australia?

My limited understanding is, no matter what grades i have, i will have a so called honors for uol.
While for RMIT, no matter how good grades i have, there is no honors?

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey.. i was researching into Uol Vs RMIT through googling. and i came across this post by someone.

"ask urself this......if u r an average student.........would u wan a honors degree with lousy grade or a normal aust degree wif much better grades......i chose the latter.....

And FYI any grades below 2nd lower class for honors is more or less considered useless.........

And if i am not wrong, our UOL degrees comes from Goldsimth College. This i not very sure but heard abt it b4"

can anyone explain to me this part of ... the direct honors from uol, and normal degree of australia?

My limited understanding is, no matter what grades i have, i will have a so called honors for uol.

1st our uol degree lead college is LSE, unless you talking about the IT ones, then they are from Goldsmith.

2nd, ours is a direct 3yr hons course. 1st class, 2nd upper, 2nd lower, 3rd and a pass degree. For calculation of hons please refer to post #59

RMIT wise, pleas get the rmit ppl to comment, in case i give wrong info =x

desmondlee1989

Reaction score
For RMIT Degrees, I read at the site that if you do well you get a degree with distinction(not hons) otherwise you get a basic degree.

One of my dad's colleagues told me if planning to take on masters, a degree with honors is much better. Hope it is helpful. Just looking at my inbox day after day lol.

walsly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

honors classification is according to your grades / overall marks. Students with borderline results get pass degree (no honors) and so on. there is a post somewhere in this thread explaining the grades structure of UOL..u might wana take a look at that.

Last edited:

passerby a

Reaction score
anyway, i'm sure some of u guys are taking/considering UOL because it is a direct honours.

all these talk about honours. make sure you guys work hard when u start ur degree and get a decent honours. otherwise it defeats the purpose.

cheers

caadycady

Reaction score
switch to LSE after 1st yr

Hi I'm interested to know if it's possible to switch over to LSE/UK unis after taking first yr in SIM-UOL? so that you complete the last 2 yrs in UK?

i asked the admin officer abt it and she said there's only records of top students from diploma in economics who managed to get into LSE second yr.

i know results have to be exceptionally fantastic but do you know if there's records of students who got into LSE upon completion of first yr in SIM-UOL?

thanks!

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Hi I'm interested to know if it's possible to switch over to LSE/UK unis after taking first yr in SIM-UOL? so that you complete the last 2 yrs in UK?

i asked the admin officer abt it and she said there's only records of top students from diploma in economics who managed to get into LSE second yr.

i know results have to be exceptionally fantastic but do you know if there's records of students who got into LSE upon completion of first yr in SIM-UOL?

thanks!

Check this post by Wqtrigger

voucherwow

Reaction score

It's easier for LSE dip grads to enter LSE as a freshman. Transfer admissions are always more difficult because there are fewer places available.

headshoturdead

Reaction score
im considering of taking Bsc mgmt but im still unsure of th career prospect and what am i exactly learning in th future. the website only had v brief description. does anyone here doing th same course? can you tell me what kinda mgmt are u guys learning??

kaelstorm

Reaction score
any guys here got the acceptance letter from SIM? i got it on 27th mar when i opened the letter box. it says to apply for UOL again. so many applications =.=

and btw what are the fees we have to pay apart from the school fees which is about 5.1K?

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any guys here got the acceptance letter from SIM? i got it on 27th mar when i opened the letter box. it says to apply for UOL again. so many applications =.=

and btw what are the fees we have to pay apart from the school fees which is about 5.1K?

uol reg fee for 1st year and continue for subsequent years. Exam fees in 1st week Jan which should be about 2k for 4 new units.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.