Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM UOL FAQ

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

SIM UOL FAQ

For all potential SIM UOL students to post their admission, fees, exam questions here.

Edit: Thanks Jayan for the edit!

Last edited by incredible.piggie; 22-03-2011 at 03:05 PM..
incredible.piggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Master Member

woohoo come in n +1 !!
walsly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #3

Title fails, FAQ lar
Mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Title fails, FAQ lar
PS~! But i like cannot edit the title

Last edited by incredible.piggie; 21-03-2011 at 10:58 PM..
Old 21-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #5

PS~! But i like cannot edit the title
PM mod

Are we going to do this for free ? Have to charge SIM le.. their SHD now can shake legs liao...
Mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Carpark how much? Got Season parking?

The application is first come first serve?

If poly dip is irrelevent to the course I'm applying for, got chance?

Command of english must be very tok-kong? if machiam like china FT standard can?

as above, thank you very much
noobiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Carpark how much? Got Season parking?

The application is first come first serve?

If poly dip is irrelevent to the course I'm applying for, got chance?

Command of english must be very tok-kong? if machiam like china FT standard can?

as above, thank you very much
Car 1 buck per hour
Bike $0.50 per entry
15min grace period
Unsheltered one still free iirc but impossible to find them unless u come to school like 7+?
No season parking.

From what i heard yes.

Relevant diploma = got exemption lor. Should still be 1st come 1st serve basis.

English tok-kong? Nah I GP E, fail O lvl england before, i am still alive (barely) n studying...

Last edited by incredible.piggie; 21-03-2011 at 11:14 PM..
Old 21-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Car 1 buck per hour
Bike $0.50 per entry
5min grace period
Unsheltered one still free iirc but impossible to find them unless u come to school like 7+?
No season parking.

From what i heard yes.

Relevant diploma = got exemption lor. Should still be 1st come 1st serve basis.

English tok-kong? Nah I GP E, fail O lvl england before, i am still alive (barely) n studying...
wah stylo milo, you what course in SIM?

if first come first serve i hong gan liao

only going down tomorrow to submit certs
noobiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

PM mod

Are we going to do this for free ? Have to charge SIM le.. their SHD now can shake legs liao...
Eeh...but i reallie sian of seeing those qn in the other thread.
SHD since when ish not shake leg huan? Prolly when they pang gang...
Old 21-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

wah stylo milo, you what course in SIM?

if first come first serve i hong gan liao

only going down tomorrow to submit certs
Paiseh is 15min grace not 5, i edited my previous post.

Me suppose to be final year AnF but...nvm...onli littlepig know my pain.

I wish you luck! Prolly receive acceptance letter late may or early june.
Old 21-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #11

depends what kind of lecturers you get. like in my case, unfortunately i got 2 of the worst lecturer for math1 and stats 2. thankfully the rest was good. very detailed and patient with their teaching. lesson that i learn, do your research well on which lecturers to pick i.e their style of teaching. And when the timetable registering window opens (like 10am), pls be ready by your computer and spam the log in. i logged in like 1hr later and all the good lecturers / good timings all got booked....
How do you know which lecturers' teaching style are good and are patient with their students? Once being accepted by SIM, there's an orientation before normal classes begin right? During orientation, what is it like? Have to bring anything?

Timetable have to register yourself? As in... Monday to Saturday you choose what day, time and teacher for each module? And I thought the school does that and gives it to each student lol. I think before the timetable registering window open, most students already at home standby!
Pinkishness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #12

which application method is better? online / sent hard copy? i know there's price different but will prefer to know asap that it have been received.

and if submitting hardcopy, can do so on a sat ?
Zeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

How do you know which lecturers' teaching style are good and are patient with their students? Once being accepted by SIM, there's an orientation before normal classes begin right? During orientation, what is it like? Have to bring anything?

Timetable have to register yourself? As in... Monday to Saturday you choose what day, time and teacher for each module? And I thought the school does that and gives it to each student lol. I think before the timetable registering window open, most students already at home standby!
Lecturers? Go dig the other thread abit and you will know which are the goodbetter lecturers. N it depends too. For example Intro got Mr Ting, Mark Harris and Lee Chin Choo teaching, I have friend who like Mr Ting and some who prefer Lee Chin Choo

Orientation? I pon mine...I dun really see the point of going, but since you are international student, I think u might have a different one.

For normal local student yes, we pick our own timetable. But since you foreigner, got some ICA regulation to follow so better check with sim. And foreigner students always get to pick the timetable earlier than local student which is so unfair! U no need to camp with us commoners...
Old 21-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

which application method is better? online / sent hard copy? i know there's price different but will prefer to know asap that it have been received.

and if submitting hardcopy, can do so on a sat ?
This one i cant help u liao...during my time i dun remember having online application.
and yup u can do it on a sat but do take note of the opening hours of the office. !/2 day iirc.
Old 21-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #15

Lecturers? Go dig the other thread abit and you will know which are the goodbetter lecturers. N it depends too. For example Intro got Mr Ting, Mark Harris and Lee Chin Choo teaching, I have friend who like Mr Ting and some who prefer Lee Chin Choo

Orientation? I pon mine...I dun really see the point of going, but since you are international student, I think u might have a different one.

For normal local student yes, we pick our own timetable. But since you foreigner, got some ICA regulation to follow so better check with sim. And foreigner students always get to pick the timetable earlier than local student which is so unfair! U no need to camp with us commoners...
How come we pick timetable earlier than local students? At least local students have friends they know going to SIM together, most international students all solo, go Singapore alone. By the way, you're taking UOL which degree? Got friends in UOL business or management? Any comments from them about their program?
Pinkishness is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.