SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

charel_ong

Reaction score
Gambler ruins, poisson, Durbin Watson. All these I also dun really understand. Perhaps that the reason I screwed up my exam last year. Econometrics I haven't covered. Probably leave it till tml or tues, really pressing for time.

I only managed to cover Venn diagram, indices, matrices, Markov chain, forecasting, exploratory data analysis and stochastic. Difference and differential every year also come out. But I kinda weak in recalling the CF and PS steps. Always must refer to notes then can do. Don't even talk about trigo. Feel like totally give up on trigo. Hate it since secondary sch.

Matrices I think quite important. Come out almost every year. If you got dr Stephenson's note, read through it and I suppose you shld be able to managed all the pyp matrices questions. Last year, dr syed's notes is quite confusing for me. I really think dr Stepenson did a great job in his notes. So detailed and organized.

Sorry for the wall of text. Study till abit crazy. :(

Yeah im in his class.. Did his matrices qn.. Just remember AE, CF, PS, GS then CS. PS is deduced from the RHS of the equation.. Add a t or x if it look similar to ur CF.. Difference n differential sure be tested i think..Might come out coupled equation :s

captainmarvel

Reaction score
if calculator spoil during exam then how?? they have replacement anot to lend you? haha suddenly paranoid about this

charel_ong

Reaction score
if calculator spoil during exam then how?? they have replacement anot to lend you? haha suddenly paranoid about this

My fren's calculator died on her 15 mins before stats 1 paper. Luckily one of the invigilator lend her a spare one.. But to be safe, im going to bring two or maybe three! Hahaha

Reaction score
Yeah im in his class.. Did his matrices qn.. Just remember AE, CF, PS, GS then CS. PS is deduced from the RHS of the equation.. Add a t or x if it look similar to ur CF.. Difference n differential sure be tested i think..Might come out coupled equation :s

So lucky! I can't even register for his class. I'm in dr yedrouj's class. Sometimes don't even know what he's talking about. Barely just use dr Stephenson and study guide.

Yea. Difference and differential equation, the steps pretty standard. And yes, couple equation really troublesome!

The whole paper really racing with time. Hopefully can complete the paper in time. Pray hard!

Reaction score

Bring 2 just in case haha!

I bought 2 calculators, but one of the calculator lacks GT button and one lacks square root function. Really noob big time. Hahaha!

Cloudi

Reaction score
This year MM going to be tough. Why last minute change to do all the question $&&$$&@&'mmnhudjj!!!!!!!

captainmarvel

Reaction score

My fren's calculator died on her 15 mins before stats 1 paper. Luckily one of the invigilator lend her a spare one.. But to be safe, im going to bring two or maybe three! Hahaha

Bring 2 just in case haha!

I bought 2 calculators, but one of the calculator lacks GT button and one lacks square root function. Really noob big time. Hahaha!

haha ok thanks

was imagining what would happen if I only brought one and it spoil during msm paper lol i think study too long alr damn stressed about everything haha

charel_ong

Reaction score
haha ok thanks

was imagining what would happen if I only brought one and it spoil during msm paper lol i think study too long alr damn stressed about everything haha

Yea lor.. Everyday go to bed worrying i didnt study enough..... The class honours thingy is stressing me out because this is my final yr... Jy everyone..

xxstars

Reaction score
Was wondering if grades in first year matter? Do they affect your classification? Passing is good enough right? Since you just need it as pre-requisites.

And, say I'm a PBF student that don't intend to take any more accounting modules, if I did fail POA, would I still have to retake it in my 2nd year? Even if I don't need it as a pre-requisite/just going to take modules that don't need POA?

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advices. I will take EOE next year. I currently taking MSM this year. But why is it harder with the new format? The new format allow us to "skip" the entire theory section away since a min of 5 quantitative questions will be listed. We have to answer 4 questions. Thank you again on the advices.

very wise choice to choose eoe!

2rnCqqJ.jpg

averageguy

Reaction score
Was wondering if grades in first year matter? Do they affect your classification? Passing is good enough right? Since you just need it as pre-requisites.

And, say I'm a PBF student that don't intend to take any more accounting modules, if I did fail POA, would I still have to retake it in my 2nd year? Even if I don't need it as a pre-requisite/just going to take modules that don't need POA?
While foundational units hold lesser weightage in the classification of the degree, it still counts towards your classification when taking into account aggregate scores. So it is best to do well.
All units failed have to be retaken regardless whether it is needed as a pre-requisite to another module. Only instance where you do not have to retake the same module is when it is an elective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.