www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Degree Programs and Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/)
-   -   SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 5 (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/degree-programs-courses-70/sim-uol-students-lip-lais-part-5-a-3872243.html)

ChaoCheapBuy 18-05-2013 11:34 PM

hi vsa warriors, anybody has the answer to mok's test 3 qn2(b)? how much change in ROCE from financing activities is due to change in FLEV, and how much from Op.spread?

xxlxxlxxl 18-05-2013 11:50 PM

Are there any other seniors who are willing to pass on their notes to the juniors other than senior charel_ong? :)

milorinodino 19-05-2013 12:02 AM

Selling SIM UOL notes:

POA
PBF
FM
ME
MSM
MA
FR
AUDIT

gillme 19-05-2013 01:11 AM

As one of manek student: DONT TAKE HIM!

I rarely skip my MA but at the end of the lectures, i think i was so clueless abt MA as compared to my other subjects that i often skip class. In the end i have to photocopy my friends joanna's notes and self study everything. Manek is like only do and do past yr qn thinking we can always learn smtg frm there. Not only that he ask us to WRITE all the notes as he write it too... u cant even listen because u are busy copying.

And btw am i the only one here who actually enjoy joanna (i had her for FR and i did quite ok... i was quite sad when i cant get her for MA). Although after getting manek, my sadness almost tripled hahahahaha :s13:

skw8888 19-05-2013 01:50 AM

Took FR under Joanna and MA under Manek this year.

I feel like I was about to vomit after every FR class :o Too much info, a bullet train ride. But I really appreciate the FR notes and goodies :D

Going for MA class is different, I feel shortchanged, why are there no notes? Precisely there were not much notes provided I had to refer to Drury and online articles so much I felt comfortable doing MA paper over the much toasted FR paper :(

Give and take, when you are very well prepared by lecturer for "hands on/calculation", then be prepared to make it up for yourself on the theory part. After all its just a mere 60 hours you see those lecturers over 20 weeks, by no means they are god to prepare us enough for A, independent learning + lectures will be the best mix :)

Audit was fun in Jabbar class btw :D

ahjoex 19-05-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillme (Post 76382086)
As one of manek student: DONT TAKE HIM!

I rarely skip my MA but at the end of the lectures, i think i was so clueless abt MA as compared to my other subjects that i often skip class. In the end i have to photocopy my friends joanna's notes and self study everything. Manek is like only do and do past yr qn thinking we can always learn smtg frm there. Not only that he ask us to WRITE all the notes as he write it too... u cant even listen because u are busy copying.

And btw am i the only one here who actually enjoy joanna (i had her for FR and i did quite ok... i was quite sad when i cant get her for MA). Although after getting manek, my sadness almost tripled hahahahaha :s13:

Personally, I dont like Joanna's lecturing style (aka highlighting excel sheet answers). I think its messy, caused confusion due to switching between word doc (qn) and excel sheet (solution) and simply lazy on her part. However, I do appreciate her notes, tutorial qns and solutoons)

Since it's just my opinion, i bet there are others like yourself who appreciate her lectures.

thanks for sharing your experience for MA lecutres by manek. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by skw8888 (Post 76382664)
Took FR under Joanna and MA under Manek this year.

I feel like I was about to vomit after every FR class :o Too much info, a bullet train ride. But I really appreciate the FR notes and goodies :D

Going for MA class is different, I feel shortchanged, why are there no notes? Precisely there were not much notes provided I had to refer to Drury and online articles so much I felt comfortable doing MA paper over the much toasted FR paper :(

Give and take, when you are very well prepared by lecturer for "hands on/calculation", then be prepared to make it up for yourself on the theory part. After all its just a mere 60 hours you see those lecturers over 20 weeks, by no means they are god to prepare us enough for A, independent learning + lectures will be the best mix :)

Audit was fun in Jabbar class btw :D

haha thanks for your input as well! xD

kevin89 19-05-2013 01:01 PM

I would like to sell of the following books:

1) intro to econs
2) Isorg
3) FM
4) FR
5) Audit
6) MA
7) Maths 1 & 2
8) PBF
9) POA

All are kept in good condition with the worst an 8/10. all books comes with book cover. prices at 70% retail price. Do pm me for any info. thanks. On a side note, i do have a compilation of personal essays (generally for section B) and notes for all these subjects. Cheers

punker 19-05-2013 01:40 PM

How u guys studying for micro? Praying section B come out those easy calculations ones like cournot and market supply and demand. Lol. But last year came out alr. Dunno if will come out in section B

Denikeve 19-05-2013 01:56 PM

gave up hope on micro liao.

panda_eyes00 19-05-2013 02:36 PM

Any ESAP warriors here?

anybody spotting any topics?:)

starsandstripes 19-05-2013 02:58 PM

everything in part A and 2/3 topics for part b/c and/or d

punker 19-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denikeve (Post 76390890)

How come??

fishercow 19-05-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denikeve (Post 76390890)

Same here :( dont know what to study alrdy

ironwaltz89 19-05-2013 04:12 PM

Hmmm anyone here taking Monetary economics? Planning to take next year but wanna find out about the course.

Also, anyone planning to take International relations next year? Cos I'm planning to sell my textbook.

papertiger 19-05-2013 04:39 PM

guys who took PBF this year. may i ask if the paper was difficult or easy compared to past year papers?!

TIA for any replies!