HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 9

Like Tree444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #16

Selling Joanna's 2014/15 FR study materials (slides)
leeleelee929292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #17

Looking for Whatsapp group or study group

Looking for MA, FM, HRM and CSGA whatsapp group or study group.

Kindly PM me. Thanks.
messey_xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #18

Hi!I am a first-class honours graduate who majored in Banking and Finance with UOL.

I'm sorry for asking a totally different question from your topic.. but how does the cert look like??

Does it have SIMGE logo on it?

How about the UOL logo? Is it the UOL logo or the UOL INTERNATIONAL logo or a more specific kind like London School of Economics and Political Science??
bl4hpkno0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 10:20 PM   #19
Master Member

hi guys who are still in sim, how do you access the grades you have so far? thanks
Old 31-01-2016, 10:42 PM   #20

Anyone taking VSA need urgent help please revert any kind soul thanks!!
AdaraAzteciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #21

Recommended UK revision Lecturer for FR, FI and VSA

Hi,

would like to ask for some help..

anyone has any suggestions on which UK revision lecturers are best for FR, FI and VSA..?

Appreciate any replies, do feel free to PM me as well..thanks in advance!
Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #22

Hi,

would like to ask for some help..

anyone has any suggestions on which UK revision lecturers are best for FR, FI and VSA..?

Appreciate any replies, do feel free to PM me as well..thanks in advance!
last year FI only have one uk lecturer who is Simon wolfie. He is good always end 15-30 mins before the class ended.
VSA is Pascal the rock star whom mr mok called: one of the subject guide author, u may see him on the uol vle study wk video, u have to ask qn or write on a piece of paper to ask him he don entertain one to one question. His notes soso only but when he said impt or skip listen to him. Last year he mentioned that he is not the chief examiner i believe is the other female uk lecturer the other author cos he said the paper was set by her.
iwanfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

hi guys who are still in sim, how do you access the grades you have so far? thanks
Uol student portal

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
Sadisticnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #24
Master Member

Uol student portal

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT
Thanks!
Old 02-02-2016, 01:59 AM   #25

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

last year FI only have one uk lecturer who is Simon wolfie. He is good always end 15-30 mins before the class ended.
VSA is Pascal the rock star whom mr mok called: one of the subject guide author, u may see him on the uol vle study wk video, u have to ask qn or write on a piece of paper to ask him he don entertain one to one question. His notes soso only but when he said impt or skip listen to him. Last year he mentioned that he is not the chief examiner i believe is the other female uk lecturer the other author cos he said the paper was set by her.
Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #26

For those taking theory paper , such as Pobf and FI, it is crucial to start having your drafts out by now.

Just a key note from experiences with all my students, do not attempt to cover 100% / all chapters .

There are those chapters that are closely related and in contrast,those that are by itself.

Pick and prepare wisely. Have a clear understanding of what you would be arguing instead of going around the same points over and over again.

Common mistakes most students make is that they rely on 2-3 points, explicitly, hoping to achieve higher grades. That's a no.
jenn.hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those taking theory paper , such as Pobf and FI, it is crucial to start having your drafts out by now.

Just a key note from experiences with all my students, do not attempt to cover 100% / all chapters .

There are those chapters that are closely related and in contrast,those that are by itself.

Pick and prepare wisely. Have a clear understanding of what you would be arguing instead of going around the same points over and over again.

Common mistakes most students make is that they rely on 2-3 points, explicitly, hoping to achieve higher grades. That's a no.
why not just state which chapters in pbf and fi to focus on instead of writing all those nonsense which everybody already knows
lolita_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #28

Hello! Anyone can share BME timetable or how are the classes held thanksthanks
Helloiamlva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #29

why not just state which chapters in pbf and fi to focus on instead of writing all those nonsense which everybody already knows
for last year FI, i focus on ch1 , ch2 , ch3 all the type of risks and market risk measurement , ch5 ALM , and backup ch6 securitisation backup ch7 excluding EVA.
Craft your essays as draft, and review it from time to time, most impt is the timing: allocate equally timing for all 4 qns.
Example no more than 40 mins on one qn, cos if u didnt do one or two qns or do not write as well as the rest of the qn marks will be adversely affected
Introduction and conclusion is essential , add in diagrams/illustrations/examples into your essay highly recommend by the uk lecturer as well as my local lecturer, thus the txtbks came in handy. If possible try to wrote journal articles writer empirical studies/ evidence
iwanfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #30

Did received some of your PMS over the theory subjects. I wish to be very clear that all chapters are equally important and have equal chances of coming out.

I wouldn't spot any chapters for you guys but once you have decided on the chapters you are taking, pm me or drop me an email on your draft.

Will help to look through for you
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.