SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Audit, is it necessary to memorise all the ethical standards(ES) issued by APB or is it sufficient to just understand and know how to apply to the question?

It would be best if you can remember, but then if not just understand and must be able to apply to the qns, cos if you can remember all but cannot apply still no use. Hope this helps :)

starsandstripes3

Reaction score
It would be best if you can remember, but then if not just understand and must be able to apply to the qns, cos if you can remember all but cannot apply still no use. Hope this helps :)

I will try my best to memorise and apply, thanks! Btw do you have any tips on preparing for Audit? 😛

elisee1

Reaction score
Selling:

FI textbook: Financial Institutions Management Saunders and Cornett - $30

MA textbook: Cost accounting a managerial emphasis Horngreen - $30

POA textbook (photocopied): Accounting understanding and practice - Perks, Lewis - $30

Maths 1 Dr Syed full notes and tutorials, and some PYP - $15

Inbox me here, or via Telegram app: @jamess11

Last edited:

thepokerface

Reaction score
WTS UOL Textbooks

Selling textbooks for the following modules:

Corporate Finance
Financial Reporting
Microeconomics
Auditing and Assurance

All are in good condition!

PM me.

htditsp

Reaction score
Hi chiwawa, thanks for all your helpful advice. indeed you have been a great help in this forum. anyway just wanna ask

How to revise well for FR, FM and Audit.

I do know Audit required alot of memory skills but then doing case study, the memory stuff not that helpful right?

What about for FR and FM?

Anyone can help out. Thanks!

From my own experience taking FR.
I think it's a good idea to understand the calculations you are doing, such that you are able to explain the concept in full essay form.
Eg. for forex translation, be able to do both the calculations (which have a bit of theory qns) and the 25 marks essay kind.

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi chiwawa, thanks for all your helpful advice. indeed you have been a great help in this forum. anyway just wanna ask

How to revise well for FR, FM and Audit.

I do know Audit required alot of memory skills but then doing case study, the memory stuff not that helpful right?

What about for FR and FM?

Anyone can help out. Thanks!

If you are doing case studies, then you need to know how to apply those concepts to the question such as those quotes and etc from the various judges, but for audit is quite some sort of common sense and a bit of application would do and suffice. I never took FM & FR so can't help out on this 2 mods. So sorry about that.

chiwawa23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will try my best to memorise and apply, thanks! Btw do you have any tips on preparing for Audit? 😛

Actually audit got some sort of like common sense and yet but then you still need to memorise some of the concepts. Best is being able to apply the concepts to the question being asked. But then for audit, should be able to score quite easily because after all it's not that difficult. Good luck for exams :)

Impur3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for more people for study group, there are already 3 of us since year 1. We are doing FM FR and AA revision(Especially FM and FR which is common between the 3 of us) If you got any common subjects, feel free to message me and I will add you(Not to worry, we are quite a active study group, meet up frequently)
Hi,

I am taking FR, FM as well. By AA do u mean Auditing and assurance? If so i am taking that mod as well. By the way, where do u all meet usually? Location wise.

Sorry for some reason i cant send a PM to you. Perhaps u can reply in a PM.

Nineteen_th

Reaction score
Hi All,

First I would like to say my tuition slots are full. (might have a slot for a group) for FR, FM, VSA, or CF.

Looking to sell some of my past essays and notes done.

Audit essays - 10 each
FR essays - 10 each
FM essays - 15 each
MA essays - 15 each
MA notes on Theory (5 chapters - 20 each)

My essay and notes have been helpful for last year students who took it (I hoped it is not being resold or circulating around - copyright ok? =) )
Have a great day ahead. Pm me for details.

Hi! Interested in MA notes but can't pm you. Can you pm me?

uol2016

Reaction score
Hello fellow students from UOL!

I am a first-class honours graduate who majored in Banking and Finance with UOL.

With high failure rates in the UOL examinations and difficult concepts to grasp, a lot of the students struggle very hard with UOL modules. As such, I am providing tuition for the following UOL modules:

-Mathematics 1
-Mathematics 2
-Statistics 1
-Statistics 2
-Principles of Banking and Finance (PBF)
-Principles of Accounts (POA)
-Microeconomics
-Introduction to Economics
-Investment Management (IM)
-Financial Intermediation (FI)
-Management & Innovation of e-Business (EBIZ)

REGARDING MY TEACHING METHODOLOGY:

1. Explaining and highlighting critical concepts
2. Application of concepts to questions
3. Identifying examination trends and skills
4. Practicing a variety of questions to adequately prepare students for their examinations
5. Tests (OUTSIDE OF LESSON TIMINGS) to track the student's progress
6. Simplifying difficult concepts WITH THE USE OF CONCISE MINDMAPS AND SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES!

Interested students can Call/ Whatsapp/ SMS me at 96515438 to discuss your tuition requirements. :s13::s22:

Thank you and have a nice day ahead! :s12:

starsandstripes3

Reaction score
Actually audit got some sort of like common sense and yet but then you still need to memorise some of the concepts. Best is being able to apply the concepts to the question being asked. But then for audit, should be able to score quite easily because after all it's not that difficult. Good luck for exams :)

Thanks for your valued advice, really appreciate it! :)

Impur3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for more people for study group, there are already 3 of us since year 1. We are doing FM FR and AA revision(Especially FM and FR which is common between the 3 of us) If you got any common subjects, feel free to message me and I will add you(Not to worry, we are quite a active study group, meet up frequently)
Angelical093 for the study grp, sorry i cant reply to your PM until i have a certain number of posts. Is it possible you send ur no. to me in PM and i reply in to you in wadsapp.

Not wise to post private contact information on open forum.

Thank You

valng19

Reaction score
WTB

Hi. I'm seeking for:

(1) Audit Essays
(2) FI Essays
(3) Jon Peh's IM notes

If you're selling or know of anyone with the relevant materials, please drop me a pm. Thanks!

greenfingers

Reaction score
UOL Intro to Econs/Macro Website

This is an interesting website with useful learning tips and resources. There's even simplified past year exam paper solutions. cant post the link here . Just google for econs-sense

greenfingers

Reaction score
Final prep for UOL exams

We provide coaching sessions for UOL Intro to Econs/ Microecons.Macroecon to help you achieve your goals within the next 1.5 months.

We have a pool of First class honour graduates, ex UOL lecturers with the Econs-Sense centre to journey on with you; pm me to find out more.

chan0414

Reaction score
Tuition for Finance Modules

At Finance Lessons, we give 1-1 tuition for Finance subjects in Singapore. We have experience teaching UOL finance courses and RMIT finance courses.

AC3059 Financial Management / FN 3092 Corporate Finance
Having problems with Financial Management or Corporate Finance? Confused over all the theories relating to Dividend Relevance and Irrelevance? We give tuition for these 2 tough subjects.
FN1024 Principles of Banking and Finance
We provide guidance for Principles of Banking and Finance. Many students struggle with concepts from Banking and Finance and we will*help you understand this module.
Investment Management
Having issues understanding the different financial instruments? Or is the different portfolio risk adjusted performance measures proving to be difficult? We will break it down for you!

ABOUT US
We are a team of professionals that are currently working in the banking and finance sector in Singapore. We are extremely passionate about finance and teaching, and want to share our passion with others.
We conduct 1-1 lessons for people who are keen about finance and investment-related topics and are willing to learn more.
We also have finance tuition classes for students from UOL, RMIT, Kaplan, NTU, SMU, NUS and other university level schools. Modules that we teach include Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Investment Management and other finance related topics.
Feel free to contact us for more enquiries and we’re very happy to help!
Email tuitionfinance @gmail.com. Visit www . finance-lessons . com to find out more!

thepokerface

Reaction score
WTS UOL Textbooks

Selling textbooks for the following modules:

Corporate Finance
Financial Reporting (SOLD)
Microeconomics
Auditing and Assurance

All are in good condition!

* Due to busy schedule, I can only meet up at Toa Payoh Mrt or at my convenience.

PM me.

Last edited:

imma_wallflower

Reaction score
CF & IM Tuition

Anyone interested in CF and IM tuition please drop me a pm.
I'm trying to make up the numbers for tuition in order to lower the tutor's hourly rates. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.