Singapore CA Qualification Foundation (formerly SQP Enhanced Foundation)

gelliho

Reaction score
Would like to know what school and which teacher is brtter... Best is the class is on weekend as I'm working...

My plan is to chiong my foundation program within 1 year .. den find an ATO to sponsor my professional prog

Reaction score
I can see that local uni accounting grads depend on group & individual coursework to get their degrees. Post-grad course like this focus on examinations and they can't make it.

The professional papers are horrendously difficult and demanding, even for those with background. Not easy to study like a full time student especially when you working late in Audit.

Its a good thing that Singapore Accountancy Commission is raising the standard for the industry / designation as a whole, but I never expected them to pitch the standard so high.

It's like taking a post-grad course. (Seeing as First Class Honours local uni Accounting grads also failing..)

randomnonsense

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m taking up the foundation programme in January. How many mods do you guys usually take up per sem? 2/3? I’m not sure if 3 is going to be super taxing..

Decade.

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone managed to get into an ATO?

I've finished all my foundation papers but can't seem to find an ATO that will take me in/got vacancy..

th3pr0

Reaction score
if any of you planning to self study, dont get the kaplan book. its just ******** they added a lot of blanks everywhere to force you to lesson. they shouldn't even be selling the book in this case.

Decade.

Master Member
Reaction score
if any of you planning to self study, dont get the kaplan book. its just ******** they added a lot of blanks everywhere to force you to lesson. they shouldn't even be selling the book in this case.

Which mod?

I went to both Kaplan and SAA last time and its the same for both ALOs.

SAA notes solutions also blank one for FM Module.

myename

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone managed to get into an ATO?

I've finished all my foundation papers but can't seem to find an ATO that will take me in/got vacancy..

Are you looking for commercial firms or audit firms? Just curious how it is like now as I might be looking around next year as well.

Anyway, you might have better luck next year after March or so after people get their bonuses.

Decade.

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for commercial firms or audit firms? Just curious how it is like now as I might be looking around next year as well.

Anyway, you might have better luck next year after March or so after people get their bonuses.

I'm trying to look for Non-Audit firms. Cos Audit firms mostly require me to take a big pay cut.

In addition to that, THREE YEARS of audit is something I can't imagine myself doing.

Lower pay + Long hours for 3 years straight WHILE STUDYING.

ambrosiaa

Reaction score
Any1 took the Foundation Tax paper today? I think it was quite tough.. tested stuff like IBA and PIC cap which i think most people didn't remember.

Decade.

Master Member
Reaction score
Any1 took the Foundation Tax paper today? I think it was quite tough.. tested stuff like IBA and PIC cap which i think most people didn't remember.

lol wtf isn't PIC phasing out soon?

IBA quite ok, but most people skip it altogether cos it will always seem unlikely to come out, its ******* being phased out.

Even some Universities teach this on a "just to know, don't need to remember" basis.

xoxohm

Reaction score
Hi all, i've just graduated from UOL but not with degree in acct & fin. Was thinking to take the professional path to accounting career but i'm not sure how do i start. I'm stuck between getting an ACCA qualification and SCA. Anyone kind enough to give me some opinion? Thank you so much!

ChocolateCat

Reaction score
Hi all, i've just graduated from UOL but not with degree in acct & fin. Was thinking to take the professional path to accounting career but i'm not sure how do i start. I'm stuck between getting an ACCA qualification and SCA. Anyone kind enough to give me some opinion? Thank you so much!

I guess my opinion might be a little bias since I'm taking SCA myself, but here goes:

ACCA is a globally recognized professional qualification, has been around for much longer, and is generally easier to prepare for due to the large amount of resources available. Pretty much everyone in this industry worldwide would have heard of it and can attest to its credentials.

SCA (formerly known as SQP) is still fairly new (since 2013), is a local accounting qualification, known to be really tough, and is not as well-known internationally, but is a directly pathway to CA SG. It also offers you mutual reciprocal membership with ICAEW and ICAS. It might be a bit more troublesome since you need to work with an ATO - but just about every accounting firm in Singapore you can think of is already an ATO.

I would recommend SCA if you plan on staying in Singapore, and ACCA if you have plans to venture abroad.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score

international qualification or local qualification...choose

VitmainC

Reaction score

CA Singapore is better locally. ACCA is well known but it doesnt necessary mean it is the best option at int'l level. It also depend on which country u are working in. Example like AICPA or ACA may be preferred as they from their own local regulatory body.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.