SUSS January 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Risky. Previously for MA, a number of lecturers did that, end up failure rate went up.

i think is because their "tips" is based on the trend of exam topics,not because they see the exam paper.

the other tips is the lecturers give tips based on what topic come out AFTER seeing the exam papers..some teachers only give one paper tips , even though exam need to set two paper.

i think for MA,u give tips or no tips no difference. because its always the same topics one..that one more of practice... i think tips more useful for non-calculation modules

Last edited:

orinyori

Reaction score
ok sorry divasion, i don't really mean to disagree but i just wanted to share my own perspective on this. yes there are definitely changes since they announced that it's now an AU but i dunno, i don't think we should keep making it sound like it's super hard now. i don't really like all of the changes either and yes, we probably need to put in more effort than we've already been putting in but from my own experience as an SASS student, i think the assignments and grades are not that much different from before. although i admit it might not be the case for others but just my two cents' worth

sorry i don't take business or psychology in suss, but from my limited experience i think psychology has a lot of theory involved so it won't be easy in that sense. having said that, i think if you find yourself interested in psychology you should go for it cause that will keep you going and make it easier for you to retain what you're learning =) also just comparing the two programmes, the core modules are the same, just that for business you get to take certain electives and 10 CUs are general electives anyway, so if the electives are not super important to you why not just take psychology as a minor? again this is just my personal opinion, it's ultimately up to you. all the best!

Hi Calliope,

Thank you for highlighting the above. Really appreciate that someone feels the same as I do. I do agree with you that many students should stop the negativity of insisting there is a huge increase in the level of difficulty now that SUSS has become an AU. While the program can be more stringent now in terms of the things like limiting the number of attempts on quizzes, such improvements should not impact an individual's grades that much (if a student has been an A student, with similar effort, he would still be an A student).

Personally, I'm from the BSc Psychology program and similar to you, I don't see much of an increase in level of difficulty. Also, in terms of the mean, highest and lowest scores for assignments, there have NOT been any decrease in these statistical indicators. So the average marks that students are getting are not decreasing.

@NatureKeeper
Personally, I feel that the psychology modules are manageable but this is dependent on individual effort. I have classmates who are consistently getting grades that are >70 marks but I do have classmates who are not doing well. To be honest, consistency is the key. If you are able to commit yourself to the readings and allocate time to study, the assignments and exams would be manageable. Most people who are not doing well are those who delay their readings, cramming them only in the 2 revision weeks near the exam period.

Also, of course this would be the last resort but you can enrol in the BSc Business with Psychology program first and take 1 psychology module in the first semester. If you feel that the load is too heavy, you can apply for a transfer of program to the pure BSc Business program. :)

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Calliope,

Thank you for highlighting the above. Really appreciate that someone feels the same as I do. I do agree with you that many students should stop the negativity of insisting there is a huge increase in the level of difficulty now that SUSS has become an AU. While the program can be more stringent now in terms of the things like limiting the number of attempts on quizzes, such improvements should not impact an individual's grades that much (if a student has been an A student, with similar effort, he would still be an A student).

Personally, I'm from the BSc Psychology program and similar to you, I don't see much of an increase in level of difficulty. Also, in terms of the mean, highest and lowest scores for assignments, there have NOT been any decrease in these statistical indicators. So the average marks that students are getting are not decreasing.

@NatureKeeper
Personally, I feel that the psychology modules are manageable but this is dependent on individual effort. I have classmates who are consistently getting grades that are >70 marks but I do have classmates who are not doing well. To be honest, consistency is the key. If you are able to commit yourself to the readings and allocate time to study, the assignments and exams would be manageable. Most people who are not doing well are those who delay their readings, cramming them only in the 2 revision weeks near the exam period.

Also, of course this would be the last resort but you can enrol in the BSc Business with Psychology program first and take 1 psychology module in the first semester. If you feel that the load is too heavy, you can apply for a transfer of program to the pure BSc Business program. :)

i think is because ur course dont have a full time equivalent so probably all the way its already "hard" so wont have a huge jump
. but true la.. if become harder, definitely need put in more effort. just like last time before unisim, open university was easier than unisim (previous name of unisim)

probably certain course are not affected as much..

Last edited:

BIight

Reaction score
Anyone took ICT133 or ICT162 before? How was is like?

I had faded memories of python from poly, only remembered the basics. After attended ICT133, you should be able to master everything, it's very easy. Sadly for me i took ICT162 THEN ICT133 because they did not state ICT133 is a prerequisite of ICT162 back then. I somehow managed to get 60 plus in total without ICT133 background which covers the basic. And now im taking ICT133 this sem and i cleared it easily.

So basically ICT133 covers the very basics such as if else, true while true, dictionary list tuple, and or none return, = != >= <= ==, and also filein fileout, and also functions

If i can remember, ICT162 covers Class, abstract class, Class inside class, functions again, try except, Exception, property setter classmethod abstractmethod, tkinter Gui

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.