SUSS July 2014 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

hkingx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updates, the interview for business was held in group interview today, stress ...

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, mine was also group interview.

dont worry la, not very hard to get into part time course.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i am not wrong, it follow this year, etc u reg this year they say 11k means 11k for u.

Thanks. Mine total course fees is abt 25k if I apply n get in the july 2014batch,so I will continue paying this fees for the next few years(I.e locked in fees for next few years,25k spread out within 4-5yrs,like the local universities?) Im just afraid when they raise the course fees got the pay the new fees instead of the current year one...

landoflord

Reaction score
Thanks. Mine total course fees is abt 25k if I apply n get in the july 2014batch,so I will continue paying this fees for the next few years(I.e locked in fees for next few years,25k spread out within 4-5yrs,like the local universities?) Im just afraid when they raise the course fees got the pay the new fees instead of the current year one...
from what i heard from my peer who are studying at unsim, the course fee will increase if they increase in fact almost every year.Because unsim is pay by per module and not per course. Unlike PSB or kaplan.So we cant lock or fix the price.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from what i heard from my peer who are studying at unsim, the course fee will increase if they increase in fact almost every year.Because unsim is pay by per module and not per course. Unlike PSB or kaplan.So we cant lock or fix the price.
Thanks,can I ask the increase past few years is it substantial? Then y they post the full course fees then? Its quite misleading... And have to replan my finances again. If the keep increasing how to plan for course fees over the years?

landoflord

Reaction score
Thanks,can I ask the increase past few years is it substantial? Then y they post the full course fees then? Its quite misleading... And have to replan my finances again. If the keep increasing how to plan for course fees over the years?
base on the past few years. they increase every 1-2yrs. by about 2-3% after grant.In fact not just unsim. its all local uni.u should look at below note 4) The programme fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. UniSIM reserves the right to adjust the programme fees without prior notice.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
base on the past few years. they increase every 1-2yrs. by about 2-3% after grant.In fact not just unsim. its all local uni.u should look at below note 4) The programme fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. UniSIM reserves the right to adjust the programme fees without prior notice.
Thanks for the info!

bladeknight

Reaction score
seriously, if using diploma for rest of the life and plan not to upgrade, will my salary will be constant compare to unsim cert?

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously, if using diploma for rest of the life and plan not to upgrade, will my salary will be constant compare to unsim cert?

It would not be constant if you already work for many years but definitely you can't compare with unisim in terms of job prospects because unisim cert is higher than diploma cert. I don't think you can compare this two because its two different thing. Unisim is at a university level, so is a degree cert. And university is a step higher than diploma, so i hope this will make you understand better. And to make the picture clearer, you need to have a diploma to enter unisim. Which means you must go through diploma first then can further up to unisim. You can't jump as you wish. So you should know which one better and/or higher. Like the school joke say, you must queue up for food first before you can order. And you cannot eat the food when you havnt even order. Something like that lah. Hope you got the picture. Hahaha.

Last edited:

tangerinetango

Reaction score
Just worry that if i leave as a dipolma. my pay forever constant lol

There may be a ceiling somewhere when you work. If you constantly be able to prove your worth or do your business, it's possible with or without a degree. There could be people with degree with the wrong mindset and draw lesser pay than a diploma holder though statistically, may not be a lot of such cases.

tangerinetango

Reaction score
It would not be constant if you already work for many years but definitely you can't compare with unisim in terms of job prospects because unisim cert is higher than diploma cert. I don't think you can compare this two because its two different thing. Unisim is at a university level, so is a degree cert. And university is a step higher than diploma, so i hope this will make you understand better. And to make the picture clearer, you need to have a diploma to enter unisim. Which means you must go through diploma first then can further up to unisim. You can't jump as you wish. So you should know which one better and/or higher. Like the school joke say, you must queue up for food first before you can order. And you cannot eat the food when you havnt even order. Something like that lah. Hope you got the picture. Hahaha.

I think he is worried about wasting money and effort on getting the degree and end up drawing the same salary as how he is now drawing.

Actually I do wonder what are the candidate's salary expectations after they graduate from unisim. 30% increment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.