BUS201 Cheng Kwang Hwee, Cheryl Choong, Lam Chen Meng
ECO201 Linda Low, Tan Khay Boon, Ameen Talib, Chang Young Ho, Dawn Chow
BUS204 Tam Wai Meng, Cedric Chew, Chan Chek Horng, Liew Sing Loon, Lee Pui Mun
LOG202 Tay Huay Ling, Park Byung Joon, Sugoutam Ghosh

Who to pick? :s11:

I don't know any of them

xoxomatcha

Reaction score
You will need to follow the new timetable. But the requirements of your program will be slightly different. From what I know, you have enrolled in Jul 2017, so you will still need to do the UCores and not the SUSS cores.

But in terms of retired modules, they won't be offered to the existing students either. It's a normal process of revamping modules that all unis do.

:)

That sucks because I have actually planned the modules I wanted to take like last year lol. Well, at least on the bright side, I don't have to do SUSS cores which I don't even understand what is it about. Can't wait to graduate already, since who know what kind of bomb will they throw to us next year?

Sigh, those who are in their last sem this year must be rejoicing.

orinyori

Reaction score
That sucks because I have actually planned the modules I wanted to take like last year lol. Well, at least on the bright side, I don't have to do SUSS cores which I don't even understand what is it about. Can't wait to graduate already, since who know what kind of bomb will they throw to us next year?

All the best!

I think it really depends...I'm looking forward to the July 2019 semester because there would be new modules introduced. I'm actually thinking of delaying my graduation so that I can take them! My program has also streamlined certain things so we don't have to take certain clusters of modules anymore. So I'm excited about the upcoming changes! :)

Ottoke

Reaction score

Looked at the requirements and I am glad to say HENG AH I no need to do the presentation lol

But I a bit sian cos the module that I planned on taking has retired suddenly :(

Nyonya_kueh

Reaction score
Anyone taken GSP100 General Electives? hows the work load and what topics they coveR?

Is the CUs used to cover 2 elective module?

Vitaqen

Master Member
Reaction score
Err both not teaching... I got

BUS201 Cheng Kwang Hwee, Cheryl Choong, Lam Chen Meng
ECO201 Linda Low, Tan Khay Boon, Ameen Talib, Chang Young Ho, Dawn Chow
BUS204 Tam Wai Meng, Cedric Chew, Chan Chek Horng, Liew Sing Loon, Lee Pui Mun
LOG202 Tay Huay Ling, Park Byung Joon, Sugoutam Ghosh

Who to pick? :s11:

Skip Linda and ameen for ECO201 !

xoxomatcha

Reaction score
Thank you for your email.

With regards to your query, you will need to refer to the Advisory Notes. We have attached a screenshot of it below.

In the Advisory note for Communication discipline students, it is stated:

(B) Communication Major Programmes (BCMB, BCME, BCMP, BCMT, BCMCH, BCMFS, BCMPS, BCMMK, BCMMT, CSMS, CSSS):
1. Existing students who joined before July 2018:
· Students who have taken either SSC111e, SSC113e, or both courses as part of the SSC compulsory requirement prior to Jan 2019 will have these courses re-allocated to General Electives. The customised allocation will be done automatically by the administrative department.

Anyone else in the same situation as me? I find it freaking unfair because I took up both SSC111 & SSC113 this semester because it was stated as COMPULSORY the last I viewed the curriculum plan. I told them it's unfair because I would not have taken these two courses (I can't even understand what these two modules are talking about and honestly 99% of the time when I am doing my TMAs for these two modules I am just writing nonsense and filling up with words to meet the requirement).

And I see that there are new modules introduced in GSP100 - General Electives and I would rather take any of the two modules in the GSP100 list rather these two SSC modules. D*mn it, seriously. (Sorry, but I am really damn pissed about this)

Last edited:

xoxomatcha

Reaction score
All the best!

I think it really depends...I'm looking forward to the July 2019 semester because there would be new modules introduced. I'm actually thinking of delaying my graduation so that I can take them! My program has also streamlined certain things so we don't have to take certain clusters of modules anymore. So I'm excited about the upcoming changes! :)

I saw the updated curricular plan and I am generally okay with it except the part about GSP100 in my previous post.

There are new modules I would like to take as well but I guess I will have to take time out (again) to plan what are the modules I would like to take before the start of eCR that is like happening in less than a week. They should really postpone the eCR to a week or two later and I am beginning to think their management are getting horrible as the day goes by.

xoxomatcha

Reaction score
Looked at the requirements and I am glad to say HENG AH I no need to do the presentation lol

But I a bit sian cos the module that I planned on taking has retired suddenly :(

Yeah I am also sian cos some of the modules that I have plan to take are retired (I probably miss that out in my planning so I won't blame them). But I feel like my workload is increasing somehow since they change from SIM to SUSS though.

Nyonya_kueh

Reaction score
Anyone want to share the general elective that you all have took and not so demanding in terms of assignment?

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exam in 1 month and I been informed by my supervisor that she won't be approving my 1 week exam/study leave. Same with my colleague who is currently in year 1 semester 1.

Our office is already unmotivated in working under her yet she just keep finding fault with us and we aren't even short-handed currently.

Working in the civil service and government encourage us to upgrade/further our education yet with this type of supervisor.. Hais..

Last edited:

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exam in 1 month and I been informed by my supervisor that she won't be approving my 1 week exam/study leave. Same with my colleague who is currently in year 1 semester 1.

Our office is already unmotivated in working under her yet she just keep finding fault with us and we aren't even short-handed currently.

Working in the civil service and government encourage us to upgrade/further our education yet with this type of supervisor.. Hais..

Woah thats sad to hear :(

I used to be from a stat board. supervisors and bosses are always supportive and chop chop approve my exam leaves asap.

Tough luck!

3 options:

1) talk to HOD directly to resolve this issue.
2) take MC and go ahead with your exams.
3) withdraw exam and try again next sem.

I suggest choose option 1 first. HOD suppose to be neutral.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used to be from a stat board. supervisors and bosses are always supportive and chop chop approve my exam leaves asap.

Tough luck!

3 options:

Bypass the direct sup arh? Will he bear grudges? If complete the degree can climb higher than him then i will do it.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tough luck!

3 options:

Yeah. We gonna speak to our director as she just wouldn't listen to us. Not gonna waste 6 month to repeat.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.