HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree64Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #46

hi! im not sure if this is the right thread to ask but i need a little help and advice

I just got my A level results, I screwed it up pretty badly haha Any chance of me getting into UniSIM Accountancy/Banking&Finance full-time courses? If not, possible to get into SIM-UOL?

GP- C
H1 CSE- C
PW-C
MTL-C
H2 Econs- D
H2 Geog- D
H2 Maths- E

I have about 6 months working experience (finance related), secondary school and JC CCA records quite extensive, currently volunteering as well. Would any of it help? Thank you! Oh I took my SATs as well, got a 90th percentile according to the report but I don't know how relevant is that haha.

Not sure if its relevant but here are some of my O level results too:

English A2
Emaths A2
Amaths B3
Most likely u will be shortlisted for interview for UniSIM (local) ft & pt programmes (separate applications) which are gov's funded & more recognized locally. Pt programmes are normally easier to get in provided u hv 2 yrs past working exp or are currently working or are serving/had served NS. As for SIM-OUL or other SIM-GE foreign uni programmes (ft & pt) the course fees are normally more ex cos they are not gov funded..
schoolboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #47

Most likely u will be shortlisted for interview for UniSIM (local) ft & pt programmes (separate applications) which are gov's funded & more recognized locally. Pt programmes are normally easier to get in provided u hv 2 yrs past working exp or are currently working or are serving/had served NS. As for SIM-OUL or other SIM-GE foreign uni programmes (ft & pt) the course fees are normally more ex cos they are not gov funded..
Ah I see... was just worried I won't even have a chance for interview lol since my A level results pretty crappy.
lollipopsyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #48

Ah I see... was just worried I won't even have a chance for interview lol since my A level results pretty crappy.
Well once u are shortlisted they will evaluate u thru ur interview's performance rather than ur results..

Ur result is good enough to be shortlisted for interview dont wori too much..
schoolboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #49

Well once u are shortlisted they will evaluate u thru ur interview's performance rather than ur results..

Ur result is good enough to be shortlisted for interview dont wori too much..
Thank you so much! quite relieved to hear that
lollipopsyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #50

hihi hoping to get some advice here as well..

I did my A levels in 2015 and currently taking a gap year. Planning to go uni this year and for now i am interested in studying marketing..

Just wanna ask what to expect for to course. Thanks!
Jaonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #51
Master Member

Hi! Is anyone applying for UniSim part-time degree in Marketing? Or is anyone from UniSim Marketing?
Vexed Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #52

Hi. I was told that I was on the waiting list for unisim full-time HR course. Any idea what are the chances of getting in?
Emilytan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #53

Hi. I was told that I was on the waiting list for unisim full-time HR course. Any idea what are the chances of getting in?
It's hard to tell, because it means you didn't do badly for the interview but they are waiting for more interviewees before deciding if they want to accept you. I have friends that got accepted and also friends that got rejected after being in the waiting list. All the best though!
eugenia_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #54

hi! were you a poly or a level student?
littledaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #55

im from pt hr so i cant advise u on that. but if get in,be prepared bah.haha
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #56
Junior Moderator

Anybody took SDE101 Essential English Skills and English Proficiency Assessment before?
Old 04-03-2017, 06:26 AM   #57
Greater Supremacy Member

Anybody took SDE101 Essential English Skills and English Proficiency Assessment before?
Seems to be a new thing starting from Jan16, so I never take it before
mrclubbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #58
Junior Moderator

Seems to be a new thing starting from Jan16, so I never take it before
Yeah I know. Haiz my O level English was 1 grade away from exemption and I will have to take this
Old 05-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #59
Greater Supremacy Member

Yeah I know. Haiz my O level English was 1 grade away from exemption and I will have to take this
They increasing their levels fast, want to be on par with existing unis
mrclubbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #60

They increasing their levels fast, want to be on par with existing unis
ya.and this sem my teacher say my mod is external examiner set.GG!
tat mod havent count in failure rate,already got 15% never turn up every sem
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.