Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree64Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #751
Master Member

ya.i think they moving towards becoming 3 lessons for all modules..

My lecturers told me last time is 12 lessons one, then they moved to max 6 lessons with some being 3 lessons only.

Next time shifting towards all modules 3 lessons only.lol.

and i heard last time can take 6 modules(compulsory modules,not ucore) per semester one
Yup.. heard last time 12 lessons too. I find 6 the sweet point. 3 really very little..
SoggyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #752

yea bus101e
that one easy de.use study guide and slides can liao. no need textbook

i remember its planning leading organization and controlling?

den under this 4 main factors got sub factors right?

i remember i never study the leading part at all,never touch.

just a tip, controlling is not really a good thing because if u PLANNED well at the start,there is not even a need for corrective action(controlling).

Oh ya, management can bu11sh1t one.my teacher say one. Even though common sense answers are not recommended but if ur aiming to pass, 40/100 ,its good enough.

One tip my teacher told me is when the question ask u ," what are the three factors", if u not confident or unsure at least what is one factor, just answer, "In regards to this, there are several factors." From there, u just STRAIGHT away explain, rather than the explanation u explained for factor 1 is actually wrong one as it is meant for factor 2. This way, you actually answered the three factors already without directly addressing them.

one last thing, at degree level,i was told they dont mark via line by line one. for example, one question 10 mark, they dont go see line by line to see u got the point den tick till they read finish. after tick finish, they count, 6 ticks out of 10 so u get 6 mark. what they do is mark by IMPRESSION marking.

Means they read finish EVERYTHING, then they allocate the marks. like "the overall feel(Impression) for this 10 mark question got the feel of 6 mark" .From there,the teacher give 6 mark lor. Is only when u fail the paper, then they see line by line to see if can give extra mark anot.

Last edited by divasion; 22-05-2017 at 05:08 PM..
divasion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #753
Master Member

that one easy de.use study guide and slides can liao. no need textbook

i remember its planning leading organization and controlling?

den under this 4 main factors got sub factors right?

i remember i never study the leading part at all,never touch.

just a tip, controlling is not really a good thing because if u PLANNED well at the start,there is not even a need for corrective action(controlling).

Oh ya, management can bu11sh1t one.my teacher say one. Even though common sense answers are not recommended but if ur aiming to pass, 40/100 ,its good enough.

One tip my teacher told me is when the question ask u ," what are the three factors", if u not confident or unsure at least what is one factor, just answer, "In regards to this, there are several factors." From there, u just STRAIGHT away explain, rather than the explanation u explained for factor 1 is actually wrong one as it is meant for factor 2. This way, you actually answered the three factors already without directly addressing them.

one last thing, at degree level,i was told they dont mark via line by line one. for example, one question 10 mark, they dont go see line by line to see u got the point den tick till they read finish. after tick finish, they count, 6 ticks out of 10 so u get 6 mark. what they do is mark by IMPRESSION marking.

Means they read finish EVERYTHING, then they allocate the marks. like "the overall feel(Impression) for this 10 mark question got the feel of 6 mark" .From there,the teacher give 6 mark lor. Is only when u fail the paper, then they see line by line to see if can give extra mark anot.
Yup. I went past a few of the past year papers and can tell textbook isn't gonna help much since everything you gotta explain yourself. just go in and wack with common sense
Old 22-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #754

Yup. I went past a few of the past year papers and can tell textbook isn't gonna help much since everything you gotta explain yourself. just go in and wack with common sense
i remember my batch de 2015 jan paper, the corrective part is ask wat SMRT cctv or smth.LOL.

oh ya another tip. theres a reason why certain question are put under same part. for example 1a, 1 b and 1c. if u cant answer any of the three, just look at the other two, the answers somehow related or in the sense that the answers should be somewhat related to the other two parts.
Old 22-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #755

yea bus101e
different way from @divasion. feel tat bus101 is theory intensive mod, juz the study guide & slides is not enough for me. abit too optimistic i tink, if suay some questions need abit of definition and application de, hard to chiong through. haf to go through the txtbk for better explanation and understanding.

agree though u kind of can talk your way through with some background knowledge. end of the day, depends on how much u aiming. 40 or higher, like in my case.
onepiecepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #756

different way from @divasion. feel tat bus101 is theory intensive mod, juz the study guide & slides is not enough for me. abit too optimistic i tink, if suay some questions need abit of definition and application de, hard to chiong through. haf to go through the txtbk for better explanation and understanding.

agree though u kind of can talk your way through with some background knowledge. end of the day, depends on how much u aiming. 40 or higher, like in my case.
ya,cause last time my method i use study guide,i write out the book on paper de. in own words. thats why cant finish.. now for level 3 de i cant use same method le cause the textbook 600 page.lol.

ya. usually when teacher ask u answer in certain way hor, its actually for those tat one get b+/A for the EXAM paper itself, which means 60 plus 70 plus kind. If aim 40 plus, technically "verbal vomit" is enough.
Old 22-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #757
Master Member

Aiming about 50. Gba and quiz are life savers. though they seem stricter when it comes to gba marking nowadays
Old 22-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #758

currently on reserved waiting list. Friends already received the offer a few days ago however I haven't gotten anything! Starting to get worried sigh anybody in the same situation (fyi: I applied for FT Marketing)
I also applied for FT marketing & I'm on the waiting list too.
Were your friends previously on the reserve list? When did they receive the reserve list email?
Matchadust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #759

anyone went for any interview in early may and yet to get any respond?

doesnt the application status online work?
papa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #760

Were your friends previously on the reserve list? When did they receive the reserve list email?
my friend was previously on reserve list and she got accepted for FT marketing last week!
feeeeeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 11:30 PM   #761

my friend was previously on reserve list and she got accepted for FT marketing last week!
Do you know when she went for the interview/what's her gpa?
Old 22-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #762

Do you know when she went for the interview/what's her gpa?
her interview was in march, i think her gpa is around 3.4-3.5???
feeeeeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #763

her interview was in march, i think her gpa is around 3.4-3.5???
I had my interview ard end April & I only receive the reserve list email 2 weeks later. And you?
Old 23-05-2017, 12:00 AM   #764

Got my provisional offer for reserved applicant. No place for this intake, reserved for 2018 Jan intake.
At least got in.
Hi! Me too! Are you taking PT social work too? By the meaning of "provisional offer for reserved applicant", it should mean we are confirmed a place in the Jan 2018 intake right?
happydaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #765

yes she was exact same as me received reserved waiting list on 2nd May and she got the offer on 16th May 2017. I havent received anything yet as of today
asqwgudetama is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.