HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Law Programme 2017 (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #46

They also asked me why a certain race tend to commit a certain criminal offence. Geez..
hazard89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #47

They also asked me why a certain race tend to commit a certain criminal offence. Geez..
Why wasn't I asked any of these in-depth Qs? haiz...gone case
Crazylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #48

Why wasn't I asked any of these in-depth Qs? haiz...gone case
What exactly did they ask you? We're all still waiting for the results I guess there's still hope.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #49

What exactly did they ask you? We're all still waiting for the results I guess there's still hope.
I canít really recall cos I was feeling damn nervous. Their Qs towards me were generally to see if I have interest in fam law.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:17 PM   #50

i believe as long as the results are not out .. there is chance... don't get discourage.

my friend was asked, how do you intend to fund your studies if you are selected? had you taken any tuition grant from the government? so for one moment he got excited... then one of the District Court Judge stated to ask him on his commitment to community law ... etc. why choose community law etc..

he also asked him, after he is called to the bar, what he intend to do.
skydew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #51

i believe as long as the results are not out .. there is chance... don't get discourage.

my friend was asked, how do you intend to fund your studies if you are selected? had you taken any tuition grant from the government? so for one moment he got excited... then one of the District Court Judge stated to ask him on his commitment to community law ... etc. why choose community law etc..

I really wasn't asked any of this. I just kept smiling at them like an idiot. haha, then they asked if I did any community work and I said no cos I didn't think of that and he said "fair enough". My interview time was as short as 5 to 7 mins. I AM A GONER. T_T
Old 23-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #52

Yeah I got asked those as well. They also asked for assurance that I'll stick to crim and fam once called.

Let's all hope for good news. Personally I'm not optimistic.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #53

Yeah I got asked those as well. They also asked for assurance that I'll stick to crim and fam once called.

why not optimistic ? you are applying for LLB or JD? i do understand that there were different criteria for JD and LLB program.

your LNAT was more than 23 ?
Old 23-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #54

If they ask u for assurance then u sure will have one leh. Do you do voluntary work?
Old 23-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #55

I really wasn't asked any of this. I just kept smiling at them like an idiot. haha, then they asked if I did any community work and I said no cos I didn't think of that and he said "fair enough". My interview time was as short as 5 to 7 mins. I AM A GONER. T_T
Chill chill let's wait and see how ya.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:34 PM   #56

chill .. no one knows what they are looking for. so all you can do is to wait. so long as there is no news .. maybe they are really considering .
Old 23-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #57

chill .. no one knows what they are looking for. so all you can do is to wait. so long as there is no news .. maybe they are really considering .
If I can get it, it will be a miracle. ARRGH...
Old 23-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #58

why not optimistic ? you are applying for LLB or JD? i do understand that there were different criteria for JD and LLB program.

your LNAT was more than 23 ?
LLB. My LNAT was 28. I dunno I just felt my lack of community involvement didn't impress them. I'm just gonna type below the breakdown of what happened during my interview.

- the usual "why you?"
- describe the process and papers involved for a simplified divorce and a criminal offence, from interviewing of client up till case conclusion.
- why does a certain race tend to commit a certain offence.
- give us assurance that you will stay in fam and crim practice once called.
- give us your family background.
- tell us about your area of work and your boss' experience.
- tell us about any community work.
- are you willing to take up mandarin if selected.

That's about it I think.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #59

If they ask u for assurance then u sure will have one leh. Do you do voluntary work?
I don't. I only applied to help out at legal clinics when registering for this course lol.
Old 23-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #60

LLB. My LNAT was 28. I dunno I just felt my lack of community involvement didn't impress them. I'm just gonna type below the breakdown of what happened during my interview.

- the usual "why you?"
- describe the process and papers involved for a simplified divorce and a criminal offence, from interviewing of client up till case conclusion.
- why does a certain race tend to commit a certain offence.
- give us assurance that you will stay in fam and crim practice once called.
- give us your family background.
- tell us about your area of work and your boss' experience.
- tell us about any community work.
- are you willing to take up mandarin if selected.

That's about it I think.
oh ya, whats your area of work?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.