HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Part-Time 2018/01 intake

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #31

Hi everyone!

I just received an email offering admissions to BAES - Ba in Eng & Sociology in 2018/01

I wasn't confident in being admitted but I'm so glad I got in
snakeku likes this.
broccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:06 AM   #32
Junior Moderator

Hi everyone!

I just received an email offering admissions to BAES - Ba in Eng & Sociology in 2018/01

I wasn't confident in being admitted but I'm so glad I got in
Congrats!

Official TVB Dramas Discussion | List of your favourite shows
PL Clubs 2017/18 season match schedules | F1 2017 Season

\_(ツ)_/
Ottoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #33

Just got accepted to BAEL - BA English Language and Literature! Feeling nervous now!
snakeku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #34

Hey has anyone been accepted into Marketing for 2018/01 intake? How was the interview like? There were no other components like essay writing or other test right?
Tomatomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #35

Just got accepted to BAEL - BA English Language and Literature! Feeling nervous now!
Yay congrats!! We are fellow English mates haha.

I was wondering if u were called for an interview? Also, how long after u applied did u get the offer?

I wasn't called down for an interview & I was accepted exactly 7 days after application LOL I was super surprised to get such a fuss free & quick response!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #36

Yay congrats!! We are fellow English mates haha.

I was wondering if u were called for an interview? Also, how long after u applied did u get the offer?

I wasn't called down for an interview & I was accepted exactly 7 days after application LOL I was super surprised to get such a fuss free & quick response!
Congratulations! Maybe your credentials helped you in securing the entrance quicker? Say, maybe you have very established work experience, or your grades in diploma/A levels were fantastic? Are you going to work while pursuing your degree?

Cheers!
cxsyjjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #37

Congratulations! Maybe your credentials helped you in securing the entrance quicker? Say, maybe you have very established work experience, or your grades in diploma/A levels were fantastic? Are you going to work while pursuing your degree?

Cheers!
I'm currently working but not in an industry related to my degree. So I'm looking for a new job! Haha my poly gpa not even 2 hence I didn't have high hopes. I have a science diploma from NYP, nth impressive!
Old 07-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #38

I'm currently working but not in an industry related to my degree. So I'm looking for a new job! Haha my poly gpa not even 2 hence I didn't have high hopes. I have a science diploma from NYP, nth impressive!
I see! Science diploma to English degree... What made you take the change? How long has it been since you graduated?

Anyway, about the course workload, I am sure it's 130cu for BAEL too right? Based on my understanding, maximum 20cu per semester meaning 4 modules per semester.

1 semester consists 2 terms. So each term, one will do 2 modules and take exams? Then another 2 modules and take exams?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #39

I see! Science diploma to English degree... What made you take the change? How long has it been since you graduated?

Anyway, about the course workload, I am sure it's 130cu for BAEL too right? Based on my understanding, maximum 20cu per semester meaning 4 modules per semester.

1 semester consists 2 terms. So each term, one will do 2 modules and take exams? Then another 2 modules and take exams?
nope.
finish both terms (aka 1 semester) den take 4 exams, if all 4 got exams la.
most of the ppl can work + take 4 exams .. however some working,but take 2-3 lor. iirc, suss website got put, most ppl take around 4.5 years to complete. so should be 3 modules per semester and resits here and there i guess
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #40

nope.
most of the ppl can work + take 4 exams .. however some working,but take 2-3 lor. iirc, suss website got put, most ppl take around 4.5 years to complete. so should be 3 modules per semester and resits here and there i guess
Hmm then that would mean for the 2 modules taken in Term 1 would wait through Term 2? Might lose touch after Term 2???
Old 07-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #41

I've always loved English but was never sure if it was due to passion or because I'm naturally good at it. I did food science in poly & food was always my passion. However, I really struggled as I came from combine science (no chem) & no A math. Could never rescue my gpa much from yr 1 (foundation science modules at A level standards). I graduated March 2016 & just passed my 1 year working mark! I continued in the food industry in hopes work experience would contra my ridiculously weak gpa but of course I was so naive to think that way. After much deliberation I thought it was not worth to shell out almost 200k to go overseas for a food degree (obv I cannot make it to NTU, NUS or SIT), esp since I am weak in studies & memory work.

Actually quite sad that I am leaving the food industry but I've made my peace with it. No point forcing if it's not meant to be. English has always been my strong set, so maybe with some guidance, it'll finally be my time to shine
Old 07-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #42

nope.
Yup I intend to take 3-4 modules!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #43

Yup I intend to take 3-4 modules!
ur correct.the lose touch part..

when pick modules,pick smartly!!

exam is always in a two week period..

so term 1 = WEEK 1 OF EXAM, term 2= WEEK 2 OF EXAM.

So if u wanna take 4 exams, i would suggest, term 1,mon,friday, term 2, mon,friday.

or if not, take 4 modules,but 3 is exam only.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #44

So if u wanna take 4 exams, i would suggest, term 1,mon,friday, term 2, mon,friday.

Wow!! Thanks so much for this valuable tip!!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #45

Speaking of this, the curriculum plan that is downloadable - it says Time Table and the details include (Day) (Week) (Term). What do they mean?

Maybe you could give a guide with some examples listed:
Monday Week 1 Term 1
Tuesday Week 2 Term 1
Monday Week 1 Term 2
Tuesday Week 2 Term 2
Thursday Week 1 Term 1

All modules have weekly lessons within a term right?

Thanks!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.