SUTD / SIT / UniSIM 2017-2018 Intake

Applying for any of the new universities?

• SUTD

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • SIT

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • UniSIM

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • NOPE! I only go for TOP uni (NUS, NTU, SMU)! =P

Votes: 52 26.8%

• Total voters

Raxxxxxx

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help to provide some advice, thank you!

With 5th sem of CGPA 3.53 and decent profile (Vice-chair of a committee and won in sports competitions, as well as outside activites. “Pass with commendation” for internship) would I still stand a chance for SMU IS and SUTD? Anyone with similar experiences? Especially SUTD (STEP & DDP program and general admission since no clear indication of IGP entry)

Thank you!!

espanajessie

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help to provide some advice, thank you!

With 5th sem of CGPA 3.53 and decent profile (Vice-chair of a committee and won in sports competitions, as well as outside activites. “Pass with commendation” for internship) would I still stand a chance for SMU IS and SUTD? Anyone with similar experiences? Especially SUTD (STEP & DDP program and general admission since no clear indication of IGP entry)

Thank you!!
I am not sure of the situation now. back in my days you need 3.8 to get in. but looking at your other achievements there is a good chance to get into SUTD without a scholarship. it would be important though to out in extra effort in the video and essay part of your application.

STEP and DDP are harder because they are more sought after programmes and your competition will definitely be the top 5% of your cohort. so i think chances not high.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Raxxxxxx

Reaction score
3.8 for both the schools? ☹️ But for video part, I don’t know what I can use under that section :/

I am not sure of the situation now. back in my days you need 3.8 to get in. but looking at your other achievements there is a good chance to get into SUTD without a scholarship. it would be important though to out in extra effort in the video and essay part of your application.

STEP and DDP are harder because they are more sought after programmes and your competition will definitely be the top 5% of your cohort. so i think chances not high.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Mrpotato9697

Reaction score
Hi im from msia. Final gpa 3.58 applied to aeronautical engineering. Anyone received calls or emails?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.