Those applied to NUS/NTU/SMU/SUTD/SIT post ur grades here!!!

yoshi_sx

Reaction score
Curious. I would have thought you went for interview weeks ago. I wouldn't dare to say you've been rejected, but its certainly odd that you didn't get called up for the interview.

Is 3.88 your 5th or 6th sem CGPA ?

He's not alone..

My 5th sem is 3.84, I have uploaded my 6th sem result which is 3.87 into the NTU portal.. still no interview at all.

Applied for NTU business too(1st choice).

L1R4 is 14.

Inn0vator

Reaction score
He's not alone..

My 5th sem is 3.84, I have uploaded my 6th sem result which is 3.87 into the NTU portal.. still no interview at all.

L1R4 is 14.

hahaha... who knows? they might have changed their requirement ar... maybe u guys dont have to go for the interview. ;)

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He's not alone..

L1R4 is 14.

There are a couple of logical explanations in light of this..unexpected revelation.

1) Your results are outstanding to the point that you do not need to be interviewed. Quite unlikely just comparing your grades with mine.

2) NTU is processing applicants by batches, and both of you are in an unprocessed batch. Although I know a large number of people who have went for NBS interview, most of them are presenting Business related diplomas. It could even be that NBS is interviewing Accountancy applicants first, before Business ones. (Though effectively it should be the same)

3) The O lvl component might have a greater impact than any of us expected. Both of you have R4 of 14 - 15, whereas my own R4 is 8 points. My fellow interviewees have points ranging from 5 to 12. (Note that we're not factoring CCA bonuses at this point) Its fully possible a 4 points difference could equate to a 0.2 difference in GPA.

ETA : Just in case any JC peeps come across here, interviews for JC applicants are still ongoing for NTU.

Last edited:

Inn0vator

Reaction score
There are a couple of logical explanations in light of this..unexpected revelation.

1) Your results are outstanding to the point that you do not need to be interviewed. Quite unlikely just comparing your grades with mine.

2) NTU is processing applicants by batches, and both of you are in an unprocessed batch. Although I know a large number of people who have went for NBS interview, most of them are presenting Business related diplomas. It could even be that NBS is interviewing Accountancy applicants first, before Business ones. (Though effectively it should be the same)

3) The O lvl component might have a greater impact than any of us expected. Both of you have R4 of 14 - 15, whereas my own R4 is 8 points. My fellow interviewees have points ranging from 5 to 12. (Note that we're not factoring CCA bonuses at this point) Its fully possible a 4 points difference could equate to a 0.2 difference in GPA.

hey bro... mine telling us ur results n the course u're applying? :)

Inn0vator

Reaction score
Just thought that maybe I could help clarify some doubts regarding 6th sem results. The remarks section will be updated once you send in ur final results n given a conditonal offer. (I got mine updated today.)

Last edited:

Numemon

Reaction score
hey bro... mine telling us ur results n the course u're applying? :)

I am from a biz dip and got R4 of 13.

got called for NBS interview.

Anyone knows of people who went for NBS accounts maths test/interview and already recieved offers? I think im jolly screwed.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am from a biz dip and got R4 of 13.

got called for NBS interview.

Anyone knows of people who went for NBS accounts maths test/interview and already recieved offers? I think im jolly screwed.

The test on 26 March ? I'm one of the people who took it.

Don't worry, none of us received offers. I messed it up big time so not expecting an offer, but I'm keeping an eye on a friend who I know aced it.

Numemon

Reaction score
The test on 26 March ? I'm one of the people who took it.

Don't worry, none of us received offers. I messed it up big time so not expecting an offer, but I'm keeping an eye on a friend who I know aced it.

Be sure to write here bro/gal!

how did u find the test? prob question SHOCKED ME.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be sure to write here bro/gal!

how did u find the test? prob question SHOCKED ME.

Like I said, messed up big time.

Couldn't do the laws of logarithms, 2 marks gone.

Calculus - Quotient rule popped out even though it was mentioned to be excluded. Couldn't do all of them. The tangent question...forgot how to do. :(

Probability...Part A was the "Show that the probability = something". Couldn't solve. Gave up on following parts.

Its a lost cause. I'm trying again next year. :(:(:(

If you recalled seeing a guy EMO-ing in a corner being consoled, that was me.

Numemon

Reaction score
Like I said, messed up big time.

Couldn't do the laws of logarithms, 2 marks gone.

Calculus - Quotient rule popped out even though it was mentioned to be excluded. Couldn't do all of them. The tangent question...forgot how to do. :(

Probability...Part A was the "Show that the probability = something". Couldn't solve. Gave up on following parts.

Its a lost cause. I'm trying again next year. :(:(:(

If you recalled seeing a guy EMO-ing in a corner being consoled, that was me.

I was fuming because of that.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was fuming because of that.

I fed back to the lady. She said the scope we were given is only a general guide...not precise. - head desk-

I saw the quotient rule section in the textbook I borrowed...but skipped over it without memorizing the formula. Epic fail.

Numemon

Reaction score
I fed back to the lady. She said the scope we were given is only a general guide...not precise. - head desk-

I saw the quotient rule section in the textbook I borrowed...but skipped over it without memorizing the formula. Epic fail.

Cant change anything now :(.

you gotten replies from anywhere else?

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cant change anything now :(.

you gotten replies from anywhere else?

Nope. I applied for SMU late though, so haven't been called for the interview.

I'm expecting an offer for NUS Accountancy, but don't intend to take it.

NTU FOR THE WIN :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.