UniSIM January 2011 Intake

viridian

Reaction score
I totally agree wif u! I even wrote inside the forum to my lect saying tat it doesn't make sense. I can be a student who provide full ans in a long post whereas a student who splits his/her ans into 2 post will get more pts when in fact they are of the same ans...

Duh rite...Sumore the case study has a specific qns so dun make sense to post twice for answers...This is unlike BUS105e where the question is rather "open".

the requirement says:

One post (out of three) must respond to any other student’s views or discussion point.

So therefore, i can post my answer in one post and reply to 2 of my classmates' posts. i still can meet the 3 posts req this way. it didnt say i must post my answer twice. haha!!

PennywisE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went for it and well i was kinda taken aback at wat was presented to me.
very upset abt the whole thing because it wasnt wat i imagined it to be (there was no breakdown of the course details via unisim url)
it consists of 2 forum discussions, 2 tma, 1 exam and i totally cldnt catch the lecturer.
tis is really an arts based subject.
wat abt u? u went for the lecture ?

Hi,

Yup I went for it. It's a 5Cu course and really it's kinda tough. Imagine within 2 weeks of the first class, you got a TMA due in 2 weeks with not much guidance given and the worst of all it's 1200 words requirement.

The course handout is thick and wordy and no proper breakdown of what to expect. Anyway, enough of rant. Which tutorial group are you in?

Drop me a PM should you need help. :)

alzw87

Master Member
Reaction score
guysssss, i didnt do the reference list for my COR160 TMA01 lei although i only used 1/2 sources. how ah? will penalised severely not? :s11:

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my group, it may be useful to you.

Question: Please advise me if I post my answers by replying to your email in the topic forum?

Answer:Yes, you need to reply from my thread. We only have one question and everyone is answering to that question.You can also go in between and reply to any other students posting by replying to it if you wish to.

Question:There is another clarification on the number of posts: minimum 3 posts, meaning I need to reply via the discussion / topic forum for 3 times? I understand one of the post requires us to give opinion of other student views & opinions.

Answer:Yes, you need to reply a total of three times and one of it should give your opinion on another student's views.

Question: 1 posting will be my contribution on the question itself, 1 posting will be to comment on others' post, what about the 3rd posting?

Answer:No, two contributions are yours and one of them is replying to another student's.

auldreay

Reaction score
Finally submitted all 3 posts for the discussion board (BUS101e).
Mine requires 2 posting and 1 reply. So er... I did just that. Waiting for more people to post so I can reply (my S-group seems very 'dead').
Managed to 'find' 2 potential group members using the discussion board though :)

Started on TMA02 for COR160. OMG. Difficult. Had to read the COR160 text on report writing and need to do research -_-"" Hoping to complete it by this week so can focus on GBA for other modules.

auldreay

Reaction score
seen some forum topic on this case before...too bad cannot use blog site as a point of reference for this proposal :(
CANNOT use blogs/forum. I double checked with tutor already. :(
Must be from some reputable source (news, research papers, journals). -_-""

But I realised, it's rather short cos limit is 1000 words only.

Expert

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tot it states there you can choose to use ref or not to use ref?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone started doing their ICT201 Further Programming and Object-Oriented Concepts Using Java TMA?

anyone knows and cares to explain what is a class header? (not talking about the java class known as header)

miniature

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone took any of these 3 for Ucore - critical thinking, the law and you, intoduction to critical media literacy.

care to share how the course was like?

auldreay

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone took any of these 3 for Ucore - critical thinking, the law and you, intoduction to critical media literacy.

care to share how the course was like?
One of my GBA mates is taking Critical Thinking and she was complaining that it's hard (a lot of theories to memorise). And there's written test (she said tutor told him is MCQ, end up is open-ended, so a lot of them failed). Seems like a tough uCore!

Kedgez

Reaction score
anyone started doing their ICT201 Further Programming and Object-Oriented Concepts Using Java TMA?

anyone knows and cares to explain what is a class header? (not talking about the java class known as header)

i see ict str8 away i thought of army... ahahahahha!

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jus wondering how "easy" it was.
And if i had done contract n agency law(BUS 201) and company n corporate governance(BUS203), would it be easier for me.

my time quite easy. two class test, 1 hour each, open book...

not sure if it has been changed though...

zeroex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of my GBA mates is taking Critical Thinking and she was complaining that it's hard (a lot of theories to memorise). And there's written test (she said tutor told him is MCQ, end up is open-ended, so a lot of them failed). Seems like a tough uCore!

They changed already? Last time i took is MCQ. My friend took it last sem is still MCQ leh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.