UniSIM JULY 2009 intake

bachang

Reaction score
my colleague asked me: hows ur paper? I replied: only 2 qns duno how to do .....she say ok lah, not so bad....

the 40 and 20 marks one....-.-"

Kelvin2222

Reaction score
my colleague asked me: hows ur paper? I replied: only 2 qns duno how to do .....she say ok lah, not so bad....

the 40 and 20 marks one....-.-"

Lol, so funny.

Damn, i still haven't taken FIN 351 yet. Hope they set the paper easier next semester around but it seems that the new trend is that tester is making the exam qs harder and harder.

How can exam paper be like GBA format, sure fail one lah.

Konstine

Reaction score
Just to check, exam got 40 marks qs?

So far i have only seen qs carrying 30 marks at most.

yea. 40 marks for qns 2. 20 marks for qns 3. both dunno how to do = fail.

i feel like qns 2 is doing ACC paper, have to calculate the cash flows one by one =_=

Kelvin2222

Reaction score
Last semester, i took one eco or acc subject, can't really remember.

The paper was so hard that a lot of people start walking out of the exam hall, only 50 mins after it started.

I vaguely remember that i only manage to answer 2.5 out of 5 qs (ans also not sure correct or not, mostly guessing) and i though i would fail for sure but then in the end, i got a B for my grading on the subject.

Think, when the paper is very hard and the passing rate is very low. SIM will lower the passing criterias.

So, i think those who feel that they would fail and manage to finish some qs, may still have a chance of passing.

estrique

Reaction score
Last semester, i took one eco or acc subject, can't really remember.

The paper was so hard that a lot of people start walking out of the exam hall, only 50 mins after it started.

I vaguely remember that i only manage to answer 2.5 out of 5 qs (ans also not sure correct or not, mostly guessing) and i though i would fail for sure but then in the end, i got a B for my grading on the subject.

Think, when the paper is very hard and the passing rate is very low. SIM will lower the passing criterias.

So, i think those who feel that they would fail and manage to finish some qs, may still have a chance of passing.

I think it's Econs, econs was really hard last sem. Totally different frm past year papers and I think they moderated the scores eventually.

Sound

Reaction score
today FIN351 is more of an GBA standard!!!! madness!
give me one whole day to do also might not be able to complete!!!

they really going to change the format for all finance paper... one b/s and p/l and 6 qns values all from there!

Agree..

I was cursing and swearing when I spend 1hr and 15min and only halfway done on qn2!

In the end I did up only the financial projections for that Damn Athletic Optics and gave up the rest of the questions due to time constraint.

Qn 3, totally lost ... Qn 4.. wtf they want... Qn 5, still can smoke a bit.

The most confident I can see is only qn 1 :(

Anyway, heard from my friend that one of her classmates emailed to the course chair complaining about this paper, dunno how true.

I don't freaking wish to fail on my final Module at Unisim.. God Damn it.....
I never fail in my 3yrs here and it will be really a joke to stumble on the final hurdle from this damn idiotic paper

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
envy u guys, got classmates to meet up....poor me, study alone, answer correct or wrong also dunnoe...maybe i always tio patner with those leftover selfish ones, after group assignment, become stranger liao...:look:

my friend is in yr 3 and i'm in yr 1 so basically we have no chance to study together.
since we are from the same course, at least i can reference his gba.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's Econs, econs was really hard last sem. Totally different frm past year papers and I think they moderated the scores eventually.

i think it was for MA (was looking at the jan 11 paper, man their questions are tricky)...ME is tough but do-able provided your calculations are correct, lost 38 marks in their theory questions.

Last edited:

bachang

Reaction score
Agree..

I was cursing and swearing when I spend 1hr and 15min and only halfway done on qn2!

In the end I did up only the financial projections for that Damn Athletic Optics and gave up the rest of the questions due to time constraint.

Qn 3, totally lost ... Qn 4.. wtf they want... Qn 5, still can smoke a bit.

The most confident I can see is only qn 1 :(

Anyway, heard from my friend that one of her classmates emailed to the course chair complaining about this paper, dunno how true.

I don't freaking wish to fail on my final Module at Unisim.. God Damn it.....
I never fail in my 3yrs here and it will be really a joke to stumble on the final hurdle from this damn idiotic paper

same here!! i was really cursing while doing the paper....q2 and q3 i really have no idea what they want!?!?!

anyway i thought of emailing to complain.? will it help in moderation if more ple complain? i cant afford to fail man taking strategy nex Jan and i wanna gradaute SOON!!!

Sound

Reaction score
same here!! i was really cursing while doing the paper....q2 and q3 i really have no idea what they want!?!?!

anyway i thought of emailing to complain.? will it help in moderation if more ple complain? i cant afford to fail man taking strategy nex Jan and i wanna gradaute SOON!!!

Well as I said, I think someone in our cohort did.
I can't afford to fail more than you do! Because this is my final paper in Unisim.
I just did my strategy paper last sat, and it was ok.

Will be really damn it if I really buang now man.

DO u want to write in? I am considering..

PSP1_Geek

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi to all Seniors. I'm at crossroads now and require some advices.

Course: Bsc Business

Modules Completed:

BUS101, BUS 103, BUS 105, BUS 107, COR 167

Modules Taken (Results Unknown yet)

MKT201, MKT203, BUS201, BUS203, COR 160

Modules Selected for nxt sem:

ECO201, ECO203, ACC201, ACC203, COR 171 with FIN301 & FIN303 as backups.

I read from seniors or ppl who have taken these modules (ECO201, ECO203, ACC201, ACC203) that they should be avoided to be taken in 1 sem at all courses due to their tough nature.

I would like to know if I want to go full load (4 mains + 1 uCore for my next sem) what other main can I exchange with and which module to exchange it with.

Many Thanks in advance! :yawn:

Rui2

Reaction score
Hi to all Seniors. I'm at crossroads now and require some advices.

Course: Bsc Business

Modules Completed:

BUS101, BUS 103, BUS 105, BUS 107, COR 167

Modules Taken (Results Unknown yet)

MKT201, MKT203, BUS201, BUS203, COR 160

Modules Selected for nxt sem:

ECO201, ECO203, ACC201, ACC203, COR 171 with FIN301 & FIN303 as backups.

I read from seniors or ppl who have taken these modules (ECO201, ECO203, ACC201, ACC203) that they should be avoided to be taken in 1 sem at all courses due to their tough nature.

I would like to know if I want to go full load (4 mains + 1 uCore for my next sem) what other main can I exchange with and which module to exchange it with.

Many Thanks in advance! :yawn:

all modules are tough nowadays btw

ACC201 - all abt the new financial statements

ACC203 - it isnt difficult at all, is just like our pri sch maths of modelling etc, in accounting terms

ECO - cant remember which is which, e 1 with a final exam is a maths paper ...

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cause most of them are going into their last presentations...the newer finance modules basically all of them starts with an individual case study report at 20%.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.